22nd June 2013, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in any IIT course after opting for BSc Maths or BSc Physics?

if i opt for bsc maths or BSc physics can I get admission i any iit for courses like electronics or aerospace engineering

28th June 2014, 03:43 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in any IIT course after opting for BSc Maths or BSc Physics?

For getting into the IIT, you have to appear in the Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) which is a common admission test for students seeking admission to undergraduate programmes of all IITs. Initially you have to appear as a candidate in the JEE (Main) which is conducted by JEE Apex Board, in the month of April. JEE(Advanced) is conducted by IITs in the month of June. Only the top 1,50,000 scorers in JEE (Main), which includes students from all categories (GE, OBC (NCL), SC, ST and PD) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced). The JEE (Advanced) have two objective type papers. Each paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Duration of each paper will be 3-hours.
There are 16 IITs across the country.
IIT Khargpur
-IIT Delhi
-IIT Madras
-IIT Kanpur
-Bombay
-IIT Guwahati
-IIT Bangalore
-IIT roorkee
-IIT Rupanagar
-IIT Jaipur
-IIT Hyderabad
-Gandhi Nagar
-IIT Bhubaneswar
-IIT Indore
-IIT Patna
-IIT Mandi
There are coaching instiitutes like Resonance, Brilliant Tutorials, Akash Institutes that provide meticulous guidance. According to the new format adopted by the IIT Council, it is a two-tier system that is mains and an advanced test. Students who clear the advanced test after being screened in the mains would be considered for admission to the IITs, provided they are among the top 20 percentile in their respective boards. In 2014, the cut-off mark of the JEE Main Paper 1 for the admission in undergraduate courses like BE and B Tech is 115 in the Common Merit List (general) category. There are post graduate level courses like M.Tech in Aerospace, Microelectronics & VLSI, Chemical, Computer Science and Engineering, Power Electronics & Power System, Mechanical, Civil, Electronic System, Communication & Signal Processing, Energy Science Engineering. M.Tech in Biochemical & Biotechnology Engineering, Process Engineering & Design, Computer Application in Chemical Engineering, Information and Communication Technology courses are also offered.
23rd August 2016, 07:52 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get admission in any IIT course after opting for BSc Maths or BSc Physics?

As iit do not offer bsc course in chemistry so is there any other prestigious colleges rather than du for bsc in chemistry in india..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?