13th August 2013, 01:17 PM
swatirichagupta

Can I do CA after completing B.Com with 49%?

sir i have compled b.com with 49% can i do C A

18th August 2013, 04:53 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Can I do CA after completing B.Com with 49%?

Yes,you are eligible to do Chartered Accountancy course.

Chartered Accountancy is consider as best course as far as handling finance department is concern.

Chartered Accountant is always known as Business Advisor because of the knowledge and skills he gained in the course.

There are three levels of Chartered Accountancy Course

1. Entry Level Test: Common Proficiency Test

2. Secind Stage : Professional Competence Course

3. Final Stage : Final Course

As you have written in your question that you have 49% marks in your B.com ,you have to start the course from Entry Level Test : Common Proficiency Test.

Had you scored 50% marks in your B.com ,you would not have to give away Entry Level Examination rather you would have started the course from Second level Professional Competence Course.

But anyway ,you are still eligible to apply in Chartered Accountancy course.

The candidates can register for the Competency Professional Test throughout the year. They can appear for the exam two times a year in June and December. The institution has made it compulsory that the students register with the Institution at least 3 to 6 months before the examinations.

Eligible candidates can submit their application form with a crossed DD carrying the required amount in favor of Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accounts of India.

You can apply online or offline.

Check the official link for detailed info - http://icai.org
18th August 2013, 08:38 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do CA after completing B.Com with 49%?

Of course you can go for the Chartered Accountancy course even with 49 percent marks in Bachelor of Commerce. The truth is that to take admission for CA, marks in graduation are not considered.

In fact you do not even have to complete graduation. Anyone who have completed 12th standard is actually eligible for the Chartered Accountancy course. However if you had completed B.Com with 55% marks, there would have been some benefits.

What is mean is that ICAI give relaxation to graduation degree holders from appearing for Common Proficiency Test. This relaxation is given if the Commerce graduate has 55 percent marks and non commerce graduation has 60 percent marks.

Since you could not do that, it would be necessary for you to clear the Common Proficiency Test. The test has two sections of 2 subjects each. Each section is of 100 marks. There are total of 200 questions in both sections combined.

For every correct answer you will get 1 mark while on each wrong answer there is negative marking of 0.25. You will have to score 30 percent marks in each of the section to clear the Common Proficiency Test. The four subjects are:-

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude

If you clear the Common Proficiency Test then you will take admission for the second stage called IPCC. There are two groups in IPCC as well with 4 subjects in first group and 3 subjects in second group.

You will have to study for 9 months before you can appear for the IPCC Group 1 examination. After which you must register for the 3 years long articleship. It is mandatory to do 3 years articleship.

During the articleship you can complete the second group of IPCC and only when there is 6 months left to complete it, you can appear for the first stage called Final Examination.
2nd July 2019, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

If atkt in any semester in bcom is cleared that atkt and then graduated, so such candidate will be eligible for CA direct entry?
5th June 2020, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

My second puc percentage 46.17 can I eligible for Charted account
17th November 2021, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

I have only 49% in my 12 but above 60 in my graduation is i am eligible for CA?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?