8th August 2013, 02:59 AM
thakur latesh

Can i do CA course after studying B.Com 3rd year

hi, i am latesh thakur. I am studying in b.com 3rd year . can i do CA course if i get 55 percent marks . What can i do after b.com. Please tell me.

8th August 2013, 07:55 AM
Jaynitkumar

Location: At-Lalmohan Nagar,P/o-Pahunsara,Block-Raniganj,Disttrict-Araria (Bihar) 854312
Default Re: Can i do CA course after studying B.Com 3rd year

CA is one the highly demanded courses available. The admission to the course is offered through an entrance test - Common Proficiency Test. As you possess B.Com degree you can get directly in to the intermediate level of CA. But the candidate should have passed B.Com from a recognized institution with 55% marks to skip CPT. The details on admission can be collected from the official website of the institution that offers the course. After completion of the intermediate level the candidate should enroll for the article ship. Then you have to attend and pass the final CA exam. If you successfully pass all these levels, you become a Chartered Accountant.
8th August 2013, 10:59 AM
sunandas37

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakur latesh View Post
hi, i am latesh thakur. I am studying in b.com 3rd year . can i do CA course if i get 55 percent marks . What can i do after b.com. Please tell me.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT FOR REGISTRATION
ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATION/ REQUIREMENT TO ENROL FOR ATC :

A candidate is eligible for enrolment to Accounting Technician Course (ATC) on passing the Common Proficiency Test and Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto.
A candidate who has already passed Entrance Examination or Foundation Examination or Professional Education (Examination-I) shall be eligible for enrolment to Accounting Technician Course subject to complying with relevant conditions.
A candidate who was already registered for erstwhile Intermediate/ Professional Education (Course-II)/ Intermediate (Professional Competence) Course shall be eligible for enrolment to Accounting Technician Course subject to complying with relevant conditions. Students who have registered for the Intermediate (IPC) course without the option of ATC can also opt Accounting Technician Course subsequently.
Students who are Graduates/ Post Graduates in Commerce having secured in aggregate a minimum of 55% of the total marks or other than those falling under Commerce stream having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) and candidates who have passed the Intermediate level examination conducted by The Institute of Cost Accountants of India or by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India are exempted from qualifying Common Proficiency Test can also register for ATC.

REGISTRATION PROCEDURE

A student should submit filled-in registration forms for Accounting Technician Course supplied along with Prospectus available at sales counter of decentralized offices, the cost of Prospectus is Rs. 100/- or can downloaded the from Institute's website www.icai.org to the concerned Regional Office in consonance with the address. On receipt of filled-in form and requisite fee, the appropriate decentralized office will issue study materials for ATC and subsequently issue registration letter.

Students on successful completion of 12 months work experience required to submit prescribed Application Form (link: http://220.227.161.86/14835ATC.pdf ) to the concerned Regional Office so as process and forward the same to Examination Division for issue of “Accounting Technician Certificate”.
8th August 2013, 12:36 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

CA stands for charted accountant

its exam is conducted by icai ,

yes, you can do ca after your graduation if you score minimum 55% in your graduation as you are a b.com student

as per latest notification of icai, any graduate can directly join IPCC which means exemption from CPT, if he/she scores minimum 55% in graduation with a commerce background

and other than commerce graduates require minimum 60% in their graduation for direct entry to IPCC ,

for more visit icai.org for latest notifications
8th August 2013, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Hello latesh Myself Arvind Dwivedi and doing CAIPCC course you can join CA course after B.COM. on the basis of direct entry process
8th August 2013, 06:23 PM
Iftiyark3

Thumbs up Re: Can i do CA course after studying B.Com 3rd year

Ofcourse,you can do it.CA course is a great.Student passed b.com 3rd year with minimum 50%.You applied for entrence exam.Becouse,you get marks in b.com 55%.So,you can do.Best of luck
8th August 2013, 06:50 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

After completing Bachelor of Commerce, Chartered Accountancy is a good option which you can consider. Otherwise I will recommend Master of Computer Applications, but for this course you must have taken Maths in 12th standard.

Or the next best option will be Master of Business Administration course. These are the courses you should consider in my opinion.

For Chartered Accountancy, the admission can be taken after 12th itself. You are not required to do Bachelor of Commerce. But it is also possible to take admission after completing graduation.

There is no marks requirement for CA course. The 55 percent marks you are talking about is to get exemption from Common Proficiency Test.

The Common Proficiency Test is the first stage of Chartered Accountancy course. However it is not necessary to clear if you have completed graduation. But you must meet the following criteria.

1. 55 percent or more marks in Commerce related graduation.

2. 60 percent marks in non commerce course.

So if you can get 55 percent, then you will directly take admission for IPCC. However if you scored less than 55 percent, still you can apply for the Chartered Accountancy course.

In this case you will have to appear for Common Proficiency Test in either June or December. These are the only two months when Common Proficiency Test is conducted. You will have to clear both groups of Common Proficiency Test with 30 percent marks (each). Else you will have to appear once again for the test.

CPT Exam Pattern

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude
8th August 2013, 08:16 PM
inderjeetsunda

Hi Friend,
Yes, You Can do CA after Completing B.com without appearing for CPT Exam.
There are two ways to do CA Course:-
1. CPT-IPCC-Articleship-Final
2. Graduation(55% for B.com and For other 60%)-IPCC-Articlship-Final,
9th August 2013, 12:29 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can do CA course if you are B.Com with 55% marks. You can directly apply for CA IPCC course as you have scored 55% marks in B.Com.

Rule says that those who are commerce Graduate with 55% marks are exempted fro CA CPT and can directly apply for CA IPCC.

Those who are non commerce Graduate with 60% marks are exempted for CA CPT and can directly apply for IPCC.

So apply for CA IPCC and study according to the IPCC syllabus. If you clear all the subjects of IPCC then you will be eligible for CA final.

CA IPCC subjects:

-Economics

-Accounting

-Business Administration

-Tax Laws

-Mercantile Law

-Indirect Tax Law

-Auditing and Assurance

-Information Technology and Strategic Management

For more information visit http://www.icai.org
9th August 2013, 01:23 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakur latesh View Post
CA course is done in 3 stages:
>> CPT
>> IPCC
>> Final

YES, you can get direct admission in the IPCC Stage if you meet the below conditions:

>> Commerce Graduates needs to score minimum aggregate of 55% marks in B.COM to get exemption from appearing in the CPT exams.

A candidates can get exemption from giving the CPT exams if he/she has studied atleast 3 papers from the below list of papers.
Accounting,
Auditing,
Mercantile Laws,
Corporate Laws,
Economics,
Management including Financial Management,
Taxation including Direct Tax Laws, Indirect Tax Laws etc.,
Costing,
Business Administration,
Management Accounting

>> For Non Commerce Graduates, if they have scored more than 60% marks in Graduation, they get exemption from appearing in the CPT exams and get direct admission in the IPCC stage
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?