19th April 2013, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after passing 12th? I want to become an IPS officer

i hv passed +2 class in non medical stream. what should i do after +2 to become an I.P.S. officer?

28th April 2013, 04:48 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What should I do after passing 12th? I want to become an IPS officer

IPS(Indian Police Service) exams are conducted by UPSC every year.
After 12th you are not eligible for this exam .To apply for IPS exam minimum qualification required is Graduation from a recognized University.

Minimum Qualification

Candidate should be Graduate from recognized university.
(no percentage is required just passing marks are enough)

Number of Attempt

General - 4 attempt

OBC - 7 Attempt

SC/ST - No limit on number of attempt

Age Limit

General - 21 to 30 yrs

OBC - 21 to 33 yrs

SC/ST - 21 to 35 yrs

Defence Personnal - 21 to 33 yrs

Ex serviceman - 21 to 35 yrs

Physical Standard

Candidate should be physically fit

Fee

50/-

How to apply

candiadte are required to apply online by using website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

IAS/IPS/IFS (Civil Service Exam) has three stages to be cleared by candidate.

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Personal Interview

IPS PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST : Male - 160 cm and Female :145 cm

Chest

male candidates is ---84 (+ 5cm).

female candidates---- 79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight
• For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision.
• For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision

UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISION WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO - www.upsc.gov.in

Civil Services Preliminary Exam :
Exam Date : 19.05.2013

Civil Service Main Exam :
Exam Date : 08.11.2013

For more details of IPS Exam , You can visit to www.upsc.gov.in

4th August 2013, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should I do after passing 12th? I want to become an IPS officer

MY HAND WAS FACTURED IN CHILD AGE
4th August 2013, 11:57 PM
aashima27

IPS( INDIAN POLICE SERVICES)

EXAM HELD ON PRELIM ON 1ST WEEK OF MAY & MAINS IN 2ND WEEK OF OCTOBER...

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA...

1. MINIMUM AGE- 21 YEARS must be completed on 1st august of the year, in which candidate is appearing

2. MAXIMUM AGE-
-FOR GENERAL CATEGORY 30 YEARS
- SC/ ST-35
- OB CS - 33 YEARS

3.NO OF ATTEMPTS
- FOR GENERAL CATEGORY- 4
- SC/ST- no limit
- OBC - 7

4. PHYSICAL STANDARD

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

-Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

-Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

5.Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses
only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness.

7.Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels

8. The physical standards are important for the job profile and the rigorous training at the NPA, which includes weekly run for 10 k.m. in 60 minutes, route march for 25 k.m. UAC, Horse riding, rock climbing, assault course, PT obstacles, rope climbing etc.

EXAM PATTERN...

All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:

Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.
Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.
5th August 2013, 08:03 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Go for any graduation course that you like. There is no requirement of any specific course to apply for Indian Police Service. You can go for Bachelor of Technology or Bachelor of Science courses.

It is not important which course you complete. The important thing is that you should complete graduation. However in my opinion you should apply for Bachelor of Technology as it will secure your future.

In case you failed to make cut for Indian Police Service, you will still have the B.Tech degree to get good job. You can think of any other course which you find interesting.

Once you have finished graduation, apply for the Civil Services Examination. The forms for this entrance exam are released towards the early part of the year.

IPS Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen.

2. Complete a graduation course before applying.

3. There is no marks criteria in graduation.

4. Your age should be 21 years to apply for the exam.

5. Candidates above 30 years are not eligible.

6. Although OBC can apply up to 33 years.

7. While the age limit is 35 years for SC/ST.

8. You will get 4 chances to clear exam if belongs to General category.

9. There are 7 chances for OBC to clear exam.

10. No such limit for SC/ST.

Physical Requirements

1. Male candidate should have height of 165 cm.

2. Female should be 150 cm tall.

3. For ST there is 5 cm relaxation.

4. Chest of Male should be 84 cm with 5 cm expansion.

5. Criteria for female is 79 cm with 5 cm expansion.

6. Female candidate should not be pregnent during medical examination.
6th August 2013, 12:26 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i hv passed +2 class in non medical stream. what should i do after +2 to become an I.P.S. officer?
It's really good to see you that you're interested to become a IPS Officer. But, Sorry to say that with 12th Standard you're eligible to apply for IPS Entrance Examination.

What should I do after passing 12th?

After Completing you're 12th Standard , you have to apply for bachelor degree course in any discipline from recognized university in order to apply for IPS Entrance Examination.

It is the Minimum Educational Qualification to apply for IPS Entrance Examination and there restriction in Specialization. Any stream candidates are eligible to apply for this IPS Entrance Examination.

After Successful Completion of you're Bachelor degree course you have to apply for Civil Service Entrance Examination which is Organized by Union Public Service Commission.

IPS Entrance Examination is One of the Civil Service Entrance Examination. So, If you have to apply for Civil Service Entrance Examination in Order to apply for IPS Officer.

IPS Stands for (Indian Police Service) and this Entrance Examination Organized Under Civil Service Entrance Examination.

In order to apply for this Entrance Examination, the applicant to satisfied the certain eligibility criteria.

Has pass Graduation (or) its equivalent examination (see note) conducted by recognized Board/ University/ Council with pass mark without any backlogs. Final year candidate or Waiting for final Semester result may also eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination.

Applicant should an Indian Nationality.

The age of the applicant should be reach 21 years and should not reach 30 years at the time appearing this Entrance Examination and Special age relaxation will be applicable for SC/ST and OBC candidates.

Basically, Four chances for Attempts given to General category candidates and seven chances for OBC candidates and No limit for SC/ST candidates.

The Applicant also satisfied Physical Requirements for IPS Entrance Examination which is very important to apply for IPS Entrance Examination.

::Suggestion::

Apply for Bachelor degree course in any discipline from recognized university after Completing you 12th Standard and Try develop you're Physical Standards before applying for the Entrance Examination.
6th August 2013, 10:03 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

hAI FRIEND
To become an IPS officer after 12th,first you need to complete your graduation from any recognised university.And after you need to IPS exam conducted by UPSC every year.
**Age Limit:
-->General-21-30 years
-->OBC-21-33 years
-->SC/ST-21-35 years
**Qualification;
-->Completion of the graduation from a recognised university.
**No of Attempts:
-->General-4
-->OBC-7
-->SC/ST-Unlimited
Thank You
7th August 2013, 10:25 AM
mohitkumar1

first of all you should take admission to graduation and after third year of graduation you will able to give this exam.
7th August 2013, 12:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can join a Graduation course if you are 12th pass and along with Graduation you must take coaching or do self study for IPS examination.

Graduation is the minimum qualification for IPS exam so you must complete Graduation before applying for this exam

You have just passed 12th and you have a lot of time ahead for IPS preparation. So utilise this time for preparation and you will be very well prepared after completion of Graduation.

The age limit for IPS exam is 21-30 years. Although age relaxation can be availed if you belong to reserved category.

The merit for IPS officer selection is based on the marks in the Prelims, Mains and Interview. So get yourself prepared for these stages.

Also note that number of attempts for General and OBC are limited with 4 and 7 attempts respectively. For SC/ST candidates there is no limit in attempts.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in.
7th August 2013, 06:03 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

It is nice that you want to become IAS officer after 12th standard but you are not eligible for IAS exam after 12th standard.

To join IAS EXAM;-

----you must be graduation degree from a Indian recognized university

---There is no percentage requirement.you just pass graduation.

---Age limit is 21-30 years.

----You must be citizen of India.

---You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

to crack this exam,you must clear preliminary exam as mains exam.

based on these exam ,you will be called for personality test.

Preliminary exam consist General studies, GK and your optional subject papers. This exam will be objective type including negative marking.

mains exam consist written exam also.

I hope you will be next IAS officer.

All the best......................
7th August 2013, 06:35 PM
manava4
Member+

Hello,

IPS stands for Indian Police Services

The exam for IPS is conducted by UPSC.

To apply for the IPS exam , after passing 12th you have to complete Graduation or a bachelors degree in any stream of your choice from any recognised University.

Along with the Bachelor's degree ther are some other criterias of eligibility for becoming IPS .

they are :

1] Nationality : A candidate should be the citizen of India.

2] Age :

For General category : 21 to 30 years

The age relaxation rules are applicable sa per the government rules .

3] Number of attempts :

For General category : 4
For OBC : 7
For SC/ST : No limits

So , my friend get ready and prepare yourself to acheive your goal .

All The Best
8th August 2013, 09:29 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service, to become an IPS officer, one has to crack Civil Service Examination after Graduation Degree.

So after completion of 12th standard, you should start your preparation accordingly along with the regular under Graduate studies, to become an IPS officer.

The eligible candidate aspiring for IPS, Civil Service Exam, must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this the candidate should have possessed minimum prescribed Physical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT - Should be 165cm for General/OBC Male candidate and 150cm for that of Female candidate while it should be 160cm for SC/ST Male nad 145cm for that of Female candidate.

CHEST - Should be 84cm in case of Male and 79cm for Female candidate expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection is through two stages of written exam followed by Personal Interview.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th August 2013, 12:07 AM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ips stands for indian police service, its exam is conducted by upsc,

eligibility for ips exam :

1. must be a citizen of india

2. minimum graduation degree required from any recognised university

3. age limit should be in 21-30 year

4.obc students willl be provided 3 years relaxation

5. sc/st students provided 5 years relaxation

6. 4 attempts allowed to general, 7 to obc and no limits for sc/st but limited to age bar

physical requirements

1. height for male 165 cm and for female 150 cm

2.chest for male 84 cm with 5 cm expansion

79 cm for female with 5 cm expansion

female candidate should not be pregnant during physical test

as per your query,first you should complete your graduation and then apply for ias exam , keeping in mind these requirements

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?