9th June 2012, 09:34 PM

Can I do CA or Hotel Management course after 12th? I am a 11th student taking commerce without Maths

Im 11th student taking commerece without maths. I want to know that can i do C. A or Hotel Management course after 12? Plz tell me

Related Questions:
  1. How to do Hotel Management after taking commerce in 11th? How many subjects can i take in commerce?
  2. Is Maths compulsory for pursuing Hotel Management (Chef)?
  3. Career in Hotel management & catering after 12th commerce without maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Detailed information about the courses to study after 12th Commerce with Maths?
  5. Can we do hotel management and catering together? I am doing 12th and want to do Hotel Management after 12th?
  6. Best colleges for Hotel Management in Mumbai? Is there any entrance exam for Hotel Management course?
  7. Can a Commerce student without Maths do Hotel Management?
  8. How to opt for hotel management as my profession? I am a commerce student doing 11th
  9. Procedure to get admission for study Hotel Management Diploma course for 11th Commerce student?
  10. What is the scope in Hotel Management course? Do we need to have Maths for this course?
  11. Eligibility of joining Hotel Management course after scoring 76% marks in 10th? Colleges offering Hotel Management course in Solapur Maharashtra? -- [New]
  12. Is Maths compulsory after passing 12th? I am a student of 11th class
  13. Which subject is better for commerce in 11th to take hotel management?
  14. What can I do after passing commerce with Maths in 11th an 12th?
  15. Am I eligible for Merchant Navy exam after taking commerce maths in 11th and 12th
  16. Am I eligible for merchant navy exam after taking commerce Maths in 11th and 12th
  17. Can a Commerce Student appear for NCHMCT?
  18. Which are the different courses in Hotel Management? Which other good courses are available?
16th June 2012, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do CA or Hotel Management course after 12th? I am a 11th student taking commerce without Maths

I HAVE A PERCENTAGE OF 50 IN MY 12TH WITH BACKLOG BUT PERCENTAGE OF 90 IN MY TENTH AM I ELIGIBLE FOR HM...???
16th June 2012, 09:12 PM
jhlkgrwl

Default Re: Can I do CA or Hotel Management course after 12th? I am a 11th student taking commerce without Maths

For CA you need to first clear the CPT exam. CPT exam contains a 50 marks section of quantitative aptitude which is fully a mathematics sections. So if you haven't taken maths in class 11th, you won't be able to do that section. But to qualify CPT you need to attain 50% MARKS in both the papers altogether. If you are confident about other sections then you can give it a try.
If you want to do hotel management then you can choose a good college and give the entrance exam in it. If you qualify then you get through.
Both the courses are good and equally valuable now a days. You can give a try to both of them.
16th June 2012, 09:14 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Unfortunately to study CA you need to have mathematics at 10+2 level which you don't have.

But you can study hotel management. For a diploma degree 40% in class 10 is more than enough.

For bachelor's degree 50% in 10+2 level is mandatory.
16th June 2012, 09:16 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Unfortunately to study CA you need to have mathematics at 10+2 level which you don't have.

But you can study hotel management. For a diploma degree 40% in class 10 is more than enough.

For bachelor's degree 50% in 10+2 level is mandatory.
6th July 2012, 11:16 AM
raghav1717
Member+

hi,
CA(chartered accountant) and hotel management both the courses can be done after 12th class.but to do CA you must have maths in 12th class.so for this reason you cant't pursue CA after 12th but you can opt Hotel Management.

but if you want to do CA then you should take maths as your subject.If your afraid that you will fail due to maths then you could take it as your 6th subject.if you fail in 6th subject in board then your promotion will not stop and you will get an advantage during admission process.

all the bets!
11th July 2012, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

can we be CA after taking business mathematics in 10 2????
16th July 2012, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

what will do i want to go with hotel managment i cross 10th std please u say about?
23rd July 2012, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

there is any age for hotel managment?
23rd July 2012, 11:17 PM
samatha89
Member+

CA(chartered accountant) and hotel management both the courses can be done after 12th class.but to do CA you must have maths in 12th class.so for this reason you cant't pursue CA after 12th but you can opt Hotel Management.

but if you want to do CA then you should take maths as your subject.If your afraid that you will fail due to maths then you could take it as your 6th subject.if you fail in 6th subject in board then your promotion will not stop and you will get an advantage during admission process.
24th July 2012, 07:33 PM
rch91

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Im 11th student taking commerece without maths. I want to know that can i do C. A or Hotel Management course after 12? Plz tell me
You can do both courses, its all upto your interest.
see for CA you have to clear entrance test CPT which includes subjects like accounts,economics,mercantile law and mathematics.since you dont have maths in 12th even though its not an issue you can prepare for maths after 12th when gap of two months are there, you need not to worry about marks in maths too as overall percentage required to clear CPT is 50% so you can compensate your maths percentage with other three subjects.
If you have interest in hotel management then just apply in top hotel management college and pass the test conducted by that particular college.
Make the best choice for yourself.
All the best....!
26th July 2012, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

I AM A 12TH STU. TAKING FMM COURSE.I WANT TO BECOME CA.CAN I OPT. CA WITH FMM BACKGROUND AFTER 12? INCASE IF I TOOK CA AFTER 12 AND I PASSED THE CPT AND SO ON BUT FAIL IN FINAL CA EXAM AND FAIL TO BECOME CA.THEN MY HARD WORK WILL GO IN VAIN?FROM OUR TEACHER I HEARD THAT WHEN WE DO CA SIMULTANEOUSLY WE ALSO COPLETE B.COM IS THAT SO?AND ALSO GIVE ME RELATED SUGGESTION.....THANKU
21st August 2012, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Hi frndz recently i completed my 2. i got d rank which not efficient as much as ..then only i want to change my career to the other courses like CA, Hotel managament etc..
please provide the details to my mail ([email protected])
Thanxx
22nd August 2012, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

i am a commerce stream student having maths.but i am weak in it.
so,should i persue ca or hm?
3rd September 2012, 02:17 PM
smsureshma
Member+

HI

If you want to do CA In Inter you must take these 2
groups they are
**CEC
**MPC
If you complete your inter in these two groups then you
will eligible for the CA course......
**CA stands for CHARTED ACCOUNTANCY
**Candidate must apply for the Entrance exam CPT
**This exam conducted under the control of ICAI
**This exam conducted every year 2 times
**For doing CA candidate must complete 12th standard
**Candidate must gain at least 50% marks in INTER

ALL THE BEST FRIEND
10th February 2013, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

i m in 12th heaving non medical and i want to hotel management ....i want to known that weather i have to fill any form for this course
10th February 2013, 09:33 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

In order to take CA course, you need to have mathematics in your 10+2 which you do not have.

So it is better for you to go for hotel management course.

There is huge number of colleges offering the course, so select a best college near your locality so that you can have good growth in your career.

Thank you,

All the best.
5th March 2013, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

yes u r eligible for hm on 10 2 if u wanna no more detail about it u can contact me on my mail: [email protected]
22nd March 2014, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

I'am student of 11th commerce without mathematics. I want to do C.A. please tell me something about it's entrance exams......... M Mz?
29th March 2014, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

iam mpc student i'll get 90% marks in 10 2 .which is the best ca or Hm? which has the best value b/n them
18th July 2020, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

If i will take commerce will i am able to do hotel management courses as well as CA course also can i do these both courses together
25th May 2022, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

after 12th which degree will be comfortable to choose in both CA and hospitality management
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?