22nd September 2012, 12:41 PM
shiva harsh

Am I eligible for merchant navy exam after taking commerce Maths in 11th and 12th

sir i hv takn cmmrce maths in 11th nd 12th so am i alligeble 4 the merchnt navy exms

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for Merchant Navy exam after taking commerce maths in 11th and 12th
  2. Am I eligible for merchant navy exam after taking commerce Maths in 11th and 12th
  3. Am I eligible to give Entrance Exam for Merchant Navy having Commerce without Maths?
  4. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  5. Am I eligible to join the Merchant Navy course after passing 12th with 60% marks in commerce stream with Maths?
  6. Can I work as a Merchant Navy after passing 12th from commerce without Maths?
  7. Eligibilty for merchant navy after 12th Commerce and doing BBA?
  8. How can I join Merchant Navy with commerce stream? I have passed 12th HSc exam -- [New]
  9. How to apply for merchant navy after 12th commerce(without maths)?
  10. How can I join merchant navy if my stream is commerce?
  11. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Do the students with 12th commerce have any chance of getting recruited in Merchant Navy? Options regarding the recruitment in Merchant Navy?
  13. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  14. Should I join Merchant Navy after passing commerce with 75% in 12th boards? What is the scope for commerce students in Merchant Navy?
  15. How to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th commerce with Maths?
  16. Can I apply for Merchant Navy after passing 12th in commerce without Maths
  17. Can I get admission in Merchant Navy after passing 12th with commerce stream?
  18. Can I get job in Merchant Navy after the completion of 12th with Commerce stream and without Maths?
1st December 2012, 04:48 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for merchant navy exam after taking commerce Maths in 11th and 12th

Only science stream students are eligible for Merchant Navy. Therefore you can not apply for it. There is no provision for commerce student to apply for the merchant navy. I would suggest that you consider some other career option.

The minimum qualification to apply for merchant navy is 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Maths. You can decide to study further for better officer level jobs. The graduation courses related to Merchant Navy are Nautical Science degree or Engineering.

Now you may have realised that commerce student is not eligible for any of these courses. They are science stream courses which is why I said that you can not apply for merchant navy.

Eligibility

1. Candidate must have passed 12th with PCM.

2. After 12th you can apply for deck cadet job in merchant navy.

3. For Deck cadet job, you will have to go through 3 months long pre-sea training course.

4. Alternatively you can apply for B.Sc Nautical Science or Marine Engnieering after 12th.

5. Your age should not be more than 20 years.

6. Only unmarried candidates can apply.

7. The physical requirements include minimum height of 5 feet and 6/6 vision.

8. You can also complete B.Tech in Mechanical/Electrical/Technology and apply for Merchant Navy.

9. Candidates of these engineering streams would require to go through 9 months long pre sea course in marine engineering.
1st December 2012, 09:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for merchant navy exam after taking commerce Maths in 11th and 12th

Sorry friend you are not eligible for Merchant Navy if you are commerce student.

For merchant navy you should be 10+2 pass with subjects physics , chemistry and mathematics.

Hence you should try some other jobs as you are certainly not eligible for it.

But you must not get disheartened and try for some other jobs or go for graduation in your respective field.

There are some exam that you can try if you are 10+2 pass which are as follows:

-SSC CHSL examination for Data Entry Operators and Lower Division Clerks.

-SBI clerical entrance exam if you want to join SBI as clerk .

-NDA exam if you want to join Indian Army .

In all the government jobs you have to clear the objective type paper and personal interview to get the job.

So you must be well prepared when you are applying for government job because competition is very high nowadays and only those with good preparation get the job.

If you want to know about Merchant navy you can download the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Merchant Navy.docx(13.4 KB, 65 views)
21st May 2013, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

commerce student with math can apply for any merchant navy courses or jobs
21st May 2013, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

commerce with mathematics or commerece with home science can get admitted in merchant navy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?