9th March 2012, 05:07 PM
vipin_sabharwal

Can I do law in correspondence after passing 12th? I am 29 years old

can i do law in correspondence after 12th (2002) my age is 29 year

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do Law in correspondence after passing 12th? I am 24 years old
  2. Can I join correspondence course in law after passing two years of graduation? Will it be useful for finding jobs in civil or defense?
  3. Can I do Law correspondence course after passing 12th? I am 24 years old
  4. Details for joining Ph.D in Law after passing ML?
  5. How may I take admission in 3 years law degree through correspondence? What's the eligibility criteria? I'm a student of National defence academy(Khadagwasla)
  6. What all BCI recognized correspondence Law courses are there?
  7. List of universities providing correspondence course in law after passing 2nd year? Will I be eligible for legal career as in defence or in civil? I'm a student of NDA(Khadagwasla)
  8. Am I eligible for correspondence law courses if I have done 12th 12 years back with 49% marks?
  9. Should I do Law after passing 12th?
  10. Am I eligible to take admission in any Law course through correspondence?
  11. Can I join Law course after completing M.A through correspondence course
  12. Can I do the law course now after passing my 12th 24 years back?
  13. Any chance to do LLB in evening through distance mode from Hyderabad?
  14. Is there any correspondence course for law stream?
  15. How to get admission in Law college in Kolkata for 5 years degree law course after passing 12th?
  16. Can I do LLB through correspondence? Which universities are offering Law correspondence course? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to get admission in Law college in Kolkata for 5 years degree Law course after passing 12th with 40%?
  18. Can i do Law course through correspondence being a Hoursewife? -- [New]
12th March 2012, 01:10 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do law in correspondence after passing 12th? I am 29 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipin_sabharwal View Post
can i do law in correspondence after 12th (2002) my age is 29 year
The Law courses which are offered through correspondence mode, don't have any kind of age limits, so a candidate may pursue the course irrespective of their age. The bachelors degree program in law offered through distance mode is known as Bachelor of General Law. Apart from this, there are various diploma, advanced diploma and certificate courses in law available through distance mode.
However, LLB, the professional course in Law is not offered through distance mode by any universities in India. Candidate who qualifies LLB program is only eligible to practice in the court of law as an advocate.
18th December 2012, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do law in correspondence after passing 12th? I am 29 years old

can i do CA course after passing 12th commerce(correspondence)
21st March 2013, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

can i do law coresspondence after 12th in delhi
21st March 2013, 06:43 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I am afraid that law course is not the option for you. Firstly I would like to point out that LLB degree is not offered through the correspondence. The Bar Council of India only accepts degree completed through regular mode.

So if you applied for law course through correspondence, it won't be accepted by the Bar Council of India. As a result you won't be able to practice in the court as a lawyer. Therefore it is not recommended.

Now coming to other part of your question, after completing 12th standard you will have to do BA LLB which is 5 years long course. This course includes subjects of graduation course and LLB.

However to appear for this course you must not be more than 20 years old. Otherwise you can not appear for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) entrance exam. Since you are 29 years old, this course is not the option.

Now what you will need to do is complete graduation first and then apply for the LLB 3 years course. But the problem here is that if you went to complete graduation now, by the time it will be completed you will be more than 30 years old.

The age limit to apply for the LLB course is 30 years. So I will suggest that unless you belong to Schedule Caste or Schedule Tribe, the LLB course is not the option for you. The SC and ST candidates can apply for the course till 35 years.

So if you belong to SC/ST then please first complete the graduation through regular or correspondence and then apply for the LLB course. If you belong to General or OBC then Law course is not the option for you.

LLB Eligibility

1. You should have minimum of graduation degree.

2. It should be completed with 45 percent or more marks.

3. SC/ST candidates should have minimum of 40 percent marks.

4. The maximum age limit is 30 years for the course.

5. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
23rd March 2013, 05:38 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Vipin,

No you cannot do Law in Correspondence mode as it is not accepted by the Bar Council Of India.

The Bar Council Of India [BCI] accepts only degree completed through Regular Mode.

The solution for this is that you have to complete BA LLB which is a 5 years course including graduation and LLB.

If you want to become a Lawyer , then firstly you have to complete your graduation.

But there are some problems in your case as graduation will take 3 years of yours and currently you are 29 years old.

So , it will complete when your age will be 32 , which will make you ineligible for CLAT [Common Law Admission Test] where the upper age limit is just 30 years.

You will only get relief in age criteria if you belong to SC/ST category as they get 5 years relaxation in upper age.

If you belong to SC/ST category then you can go for the 3 years LLB course after the completion of graduation. Otherwise if you belong to General Category then you there is no chance for you.

The Eligibility Criteria for LLB Course is :

* You must have completed graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* You must have completed graduation with a minimum of 45% marks.

* There is a relaxation of 5% marks in graduation for SC/ST Candidates.

* The Upper age limit for LLB course is 30 years.

* Relaxation of 5 years is given to Reserved Category Candidates.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
23rd March 2013, 02:00 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Vipin,

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for Law course through correspondence.

You have not completed your graduation. So, first of all, you complete your graduation, then you are eligible for BA LLB course.

But, only then, you are eligible for this when, if you belong to SC/ST category because your present age is 29 yrs and after completion of graduation, your age will be 32 yrs.

General contendors age limit for CLAT examination is only 21-30 yrs.

The eligibility criteria required for the LLB course are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognized college or university with 50% marks.

* 45% marks required for SC/ST contendors.

* Age limit:- not more than 30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality:- Indian.
25th March 2013, 09:01 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

A law degree is an academic degree conferred for studies in law.

Such degrees are generally preparation for legal careers; but while their curricula may be reviewed by legal authority they don;t themselves confer a license.

It is pitiable for you that you can't do law in correspondence. Because, law degree can be done through regular mode according to the Bar Council of India(BCI).

You will have to finish your bachelor degree firstly, to accomplish your dream.

After finishing of your graduation, you can be preferable for BA LLB course.

The educational qualifications regarding with LLB program are below mentioned:-

* Opponents must be finished their bachelor degree in any curriculum from any approved institution.

* Opponents must have 45% marks in their bachelor degree.

* The relaxation of marks is assumed for SC/ST opponents is 5%.

* The age of opponents must be 30 years.

* Opponents must have an Indian citizenship.

* The relaxation of age is assumed for SC/ST opponents.

Thanks.
30th January 2014, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

Hi i completed pg in 2011 now i want to learn bl in corres is there is any way to learn it and how many years to take BL in corres
1st March 2014, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

hi..i'm a 12th student..can i do law studies after finishing my 12th in correspondence?may i know the marks expected to be scored in 12th public exam?and i also wanna know about CLAT entrance exam.....
27th June 2022, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Hi i have completed my diploma in commerce 3 years course., i did B.com and M. A Public administration through corres, can i do law
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?