17th July 2012, 09:37 PM
Priyangshu Das

Can I be eligible for JRF exam after passing from sericulture department in 3rd year degree course

I am the student of the sericulture department in 3 yr. degree course.Can I elligible for the jrf exam. after graduation?

30th March 2013, 08:18 PM
Mr Rohit

Default Re: Can I be eligible for JRF exam after passing from sericulture department in 3rd year degree course

The eligibility criteria for JRF - Junior Research Fellowships Exam is that you must be M.Sc/M.A or equivalent degree with minmum 55% marks and if you are belonging to SC/ST caste then 50% minimum in subjects,Beside this the age limit for the examinations is 28 years and 5 years upper age limit if you are belonging to SC/ST caste.
But as you mentioned that you are belonging to third year,So,You are not eligible for the examinations but after the post graduations you can apply for it.

You may also visit the main site below for JRF Examinations:
http://icmr.nic.in/jrf.htm

31st March 2013, 12:55 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for JRF exam after passing from sericulture department in 3rd year degree course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priyangshu Das View Post
I am the student of the sericulture department in 3 yr. degree course.Can I elligible for the jrf exam. after graduation?
No, you are not eligible to apply for JRF or Junior Research Fellowships just after passing your B.SC

To apply for the JRF you have to appear in the CSIR NET exams.
This exam is conducted two times in a year

Minimum educational qualifications required to appear in this exam is M.SC with minimum 55% marks in case of candidates belonging to general and OBC category and minimum 50% marks in case of SC/ST candidates

Also if you want to apply for JRF than your age should be less than 28 years
OBC, SC,ST,women candidates can apply till 33 years

Selection procedure involves written tests

So complete your M.SC with minimum 55% marks and than apply for the CSIR NET exams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?