22nd December 2014, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in GATE being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?

Respected sir
I am a student of ECE 3rd year.
Am i elligible for gate exam as per update information of gate??
& what is the procedure to find out that what
is the percentage i have gotten in gate score card??

23rd December 2014, 04:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in GATE being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir
I am a student of ECE 3rd year.
Am i elligible for gate exam as per update information of gate??
& what is the procedure to find out that what
is the percentage i have gotten in gate score card??
3rd year students are not eligible GATE exam. But final year students are eligible for GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE Exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

GATE score calculation formula:-

23rd December 2014, 04:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in GATE being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?

No, you are not eligible to appear for GATE examination being a B.Tech 3rd year student. To be eligible to appear for GATE examination, you must be in final year of your Graduation or you must have completed Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Candidates who wish to appear for GATE examination in final year of their Graduation degree need to submit a Certificate from Principal of their College.

You can calculate percentile of your GATE score card but you cannot calculate percentage of your GATE score card. You can calculate percentile of your GATE score card as explained below :-

P = ( (N - R)/ N) x 100

Where P is percentile, N is total number of candidates appeared for GATE exam in your stream and R is your GATE examination rank. (N - R) indicates the number of candidates who have scored more marks than you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?