16th March 2013, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission with 46% in class 12th?

Can i get admission with getting 46% in class 12...Pelase tell me the details

13th June 2015, 09:05 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission with 46% in class 12th?

Yes you can get direct admission in many universities for your further studies after 12th with only 46% aggregate as for further studies i.e; graduation one only need to have senior secondary degree.

But meanwhile to get admission in the top universities like Delhi University one needs to score very high percentage of marks in their 12th board as the cutoff percentage for the same universities for top colleges is very high and hence you are not eligible for taking admission. Also universities and many colleges such as Jawahar Nehru University , Banaras Hindu University etc. conducts entrance examination for the selection of students in their respective college so get admitted in these you must appear and crack these examination. For notifications regarding same you must visit their respective official website.

Do not get worried if you do not get admitted in these universities and pursue your bachelor degree course from any recognized university as the value of degree from any recognized university is equivalent.
14th June 2015, 07:33 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# You have not score high percentage marks in 10+2. You have scored only 46% marks in 10+2.

# It does not mean that you are not eligible for getting admission in universities. There are lot of universities in which you can get admission.

# Note that you will not be able to get admission in few reputed universities as the admission in these universities are done on the basis of marks obtained in 10+2 level.

# Many university give admissions the students on the basis of entrance examinations rather than considering marks obtained in intermediate level.

# But with present obtained marks you are eligible for getting admission in many good universities or average universites across the country.

# It does not matter much that from which university you have taken graduation degree. Only the deep knowledge, basic concepts, communication skill, practical knowledge in concerned work etc will help you in building career.

# Alternative option that you can also go for correspondence degree course either from IGNOU or from any university.
14th June 2015, 12:54 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i get admission with getting 46% in class 12...Pelase tell me the details
Most of the colleges follows a similar pattern while shortlisting the deserving students for their college. There is a certain eligibility criteria which is made available for every subject on their personal website and based on that the students are expected to apply for any subject of their choice. Here I am talking about the general courses like B.A., B.Sc or B.Com.

Now the merit list is published after assessing the overall performance of all the interested candidates. Depending on the popularity of the college in question the cut-off will vary accordingly. For eg, a college like Xavier's has a cut-off of 90% or more. But in some other lesser known college it can be around 60-70% as well.

Some of the colleges also takes a written examination too and the final merit list is published by considering the board exam marks of the student as well as the marks secured in the written exam. In this case obviously the ones with slightly lesser marks gets a second chance to redeem themselves.

Most of the colleges for any subject demands at least 50% of marks in aggregate and 50% or more marks in the subject you have chosen to specialize on (if any). So this will most definitely force you to narrow down your opportunities. But having said there are colleges which gives direct admission on a first-come first-served basis too. So you should try to jot down the names of such colleges with good faculty members and approach them as early as possible.

In the meantime keep a tab on all such colleges which has a habit of publishing third or even fourth merit list for that matter to fill up their seats. It is because many such colleges ends up tweaking their criteria in the end for some courses to give chances to other such students with considerably less marks at graduation level. These updates will be available on the notice board section of their personal website only.
14th June 2015, 01:41 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Yes, you can get admission in some of the colleges in India to continue your higher studies in Bachelors degree program.
Bachelors degree program is genrally a three year degree program for students who have completed 12th from any recognized board.

But you will not be able to get admission in the top ranking colleges/Universities in Indiasuch as Delhi University,BHU,JNU,St. Xaviers Academy....
To get admission in these universities , students need to have high percentage in 12th or equivalent examination.

With 46% marks only in 12th you may not be able to apply some of the competitve examinations,so, you must go on for the improvement examination to improve marks in 12th .
14th June 2015, 02:32 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Nice to see your interest in the higher study. Your 12th marks is very low. You need to improve yourself.

As per your question you not mention that in which course you want to take admission. I am unable to help you without knowing the course name. If you want to take admission in the graduation course like B.Sc, BCA, B.Com....etc. then you can take admission in these course but i think at this marks you can not get a good college.

Before choosing any field you must think twice on that. This is your own career so take any step after thinking of that. I advise you to study well for the batter future and improve yourself. Wish you all the best for your ahead career.
5th November 2022, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

12th 46% b.a tamil studies in tamilnadu
18th July 2023, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

I want to take b.tech computer science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?