14th October 2015, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in Agriculture Engineering after passing 12th in arts stream

I am a student of 12th in arts section can i have admission in agriculture engineering.....

20th October 2015, 05:42 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission in Agriculture Engineering after passing 12th in arts stream

See, for engineering it is compulsory for you to have science as a stream in you intermediate.

For most of the branches like
- Computer science
- IT
- Electrical
- Mechanical
- Electronics etc
maths is an intergral part.

For streams like
- Bio technology
- Agriculture
(and also for B.pharma)

Biology is needed for the admission in these courses.

So, it is very unfortunate that you were not guided at the right time and thus you cannot apply for the agricultural engineering at this time after you have done your intermediate with the arts stream.
21st October 2015, 03:51 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I get admission in Agriculture Engineering after passing 12th in arts stream

Agriculture Engineering is the fastest growing sector for engineering students as earlier most of the students in engineering sector are interested in either computer science or mechanical branch and a few percent of student opt for agricultural branch.
But, with technology ,agricultural sector also advances which creates a large number of job opportunities for students to make their career with handsome income in government as well as in private sector.

To get admission in any engineering branches , it is compulsory for the students to secure minimum of 60% marks in Higher Secondary Examination from a recognized board in Science stream only as engineering is all about exploring ideas in scientific view.
So, it is not possible for arts stream students to get admission in Agriculture engineering in any college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?