10th June 2018, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in B.Sc Honors if I fail in Physics only in Higher Secondary?

My Higher Secondary board results are out and although I have passed the board exam I have failed in Physics in the Science group subjects. Will I get B.Sc Honors in any colleges?

12th June 2018, 01:22 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in B.Sc Honors if I fail in Physics only in Higher Secondary?

=> B.Sc. (Hons.) or Bachelor of Science (Honours) is an undergraduate Science Course.

=> The duration of this course is three years.

=> For this course candidate must have passed 12th class in science stream from a recognized board.

=> As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Sc Honors if you fail in Physics only in Higher Secondary.
12th June 2018, 03:01 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in B.Sc Honors if I fail in Physics only in Higher Secondary?

If you have failed in Physics subject in HS(Higher Secondary Exam) , you will be considered as a failed candidates. It means you have not passed HS exam yet. So, as you have not passed the exam yet, you are not eligible to do B.Sc honours course.

Advice:
You have to appear in the supplementary exam of Physics next year. Try to give your best in the exam. So, you will definitely pass the exam.

Best colleges for B.Sc honours in West Bengal:

>> Chakdah College
>> Krishnagar Government College
>> Bethune College
>> Scottish Church College
>> Barrackpur Surendranath College
12th June 2018, 01:43 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in Bachelor of Science course the required eligibility is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th in PCB or PCM as per the required qualification for admission in course.

So, it is necessary to qualify in Physics paper to get admission in B.Sc course in any recognised college.
12th June 2018, 02:31 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot get admission into B.Sc Honors.

B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) is a 3 years graduation level degree.

The eligibility required for studying this course is a 10+2 in any related subjects from any recognized board.

Since you have failed Physics in 12th class you are not eligible but if you clear the exam then you can study B.Sc course.
12th June 2018, 04:36 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

There is no such possibility for any candidate to get admission in Bachelor of Science Honors after getting failed in Physics subjects.

Candidates who pass in all subjects of board exam are eligible for admission in graduate course. You can apply for supplementary examination to clear this backlog and become eligible for admission in bachelor's degree.
12th June 2018, 10:42 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Since, you are interested in pursuing B.Sc in honors degree course then you are required to complete your higher secondary school degree in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology as main subjects from recognized board of education.

So, having failed in Physics paper at your Class 12th level you are not eligible to pursue B.Sc in honors degree course unless you clear your Physics paper through compartmental examination.
12th June 2018, 11:55 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to get admission in B.Sc Honors course.

Candidates are eligible to get admission in the degree if get candidates have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidates are eligible to get admission in B.Sc only if they have passed 12th in PCM or PCB as main paper.
13th June 2018, 02:20 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You will be eligible to pursue B.Sc only after passing 12th.
As you have mentioned that you are fail in Physics paper then firstly you have to clear that paper by appearing in improvement examination or compartmental examination.
You can also reappear next year for all papers. The choice is your but it is compulsory to pass in every paper for further studies.
13th June 2018, 03:24 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

If you want to get admission in B.Sc honors course the required minimum qualification is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper.

If you want to get admission in B.Sc Zoology, Botany is 12th in PCB.

So, you are not eligible to appear or get admission without qualifying in 12th board examination.
14th June 2018, 07:54 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can not get admission in Bachelor's degree in Science if you fail in any one subject of higher secondary board examination. The eligibility criteria for B.Sc admission is that candidate must have passed in all subjects of 12th.

You can appear for single subject exam of Physics or all paper exam next year if you feel that you have not scored good percentage of marks overall.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?