31st March 2015, 08:23 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for English Honors Graduation after completion of Higher secondary?

I complete my higher secondary. Now I want to complete my graduation in English honors from this year. Kindly tell me is it possible.? What should I do to ensure that I will complete my Graduation on time? Please guide me with some good suggestions for the same. Thanks.

31st March 2015, 04:16 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for English Honors Graduation after completion of Higher secondary?

Graduation in English Honours is one of the best option for career growth because literature subjects are always required after completion of master's degree in the same stream therefore you have a very good idea to achieve success in your life through BA in English honours.

There are many universities in India which provides graduation and PG in English honours so you should get admission in such universities and start your graduation course.

First of all you should have passed 12th class in any subject from a recognized board with minimum 40% marks.

No age bar is provisioned so you can apply now it is your choice whether you would like to get admission in open university or regular university and course must be completed through regular mode.

Because regular mode education will give you a lot of knowledge of the subject and jobs will be offered more to you if having degree of regular mode that is why I have listed some good universities which provides English Honours graduation course :

DU - Delhi University
Bhangar Mahavidhyalaya
Deen Dayal Upadhdhya College
Kamla Nehru College New Delhi
Motilal Nehru College
Bhoj University
Presidency University
Rajdhani college
Shaheed Bhagat Singh college
Barkatullah University

You can also choose BA in English literature with other optional choice subjects as per your wish so that will also be better for you.
31st March 2015, 08:35 PM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for English Honors Graduation after completion of Higher secondary?

Yes , you are eligible.

Eligibility for English Honors : 10+2 with min. 70% in English for Non Sponsored & 60% for Sponsored Category.

Duration for English Honors : 3 Years

Best Colleges offering English Honors are as follows:
  • MCM DAV College for Women, Chandigarh
  • Maitreyi College - New Delhi, Delhi
  • Shaheed Bhagat Singh College - New Delhi, Delhi
  • The English And Foriegn Language University - Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
  • Amity University - Noida, Uttar Pradesh
  • DAV College - Chandigarh, Chandigarh
  • Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University (Agra University) - Agra, Uttar Pradesh
  • Goswami Ganesh Dutta Sanatan Dharma College - Chandigarh, Punjab
  • Indraprastha College for Women - New Delhi, Delhi
  • Jamia Millia Islamia - New Delhi, Delhi
1st April 2015, 12:10 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes , you are eligible to do your graduation from English . I think your decision is very much fine . The decision will help you more in future if you are planning to seat for competitive examination. This will also help in upbringing your personality and .There is always large demand of lecturer.

The eligibility criteria is +2 students from a recognized university can apply or it.

There is certain more requirements while getting admission in some colleges on their cut -off marks or even some colleges take the entrance examination.
2nd April 2015, 12:29 PM
kunalroy89

Apply for your choice of college or University.If you have english as your subject in higher secondary,which I presume you must have,then you can take English honors in any university.
First of all select your choice of University or college.Check their websites and also newspapers when the colleges are releasing forms for admission. The forms usually comes out after results of higher secondary exams are declared.
There will be different criteria for different colleges regarding admissions. Follow the guidelines stated and get admission in a good college.
Remember if you are opting for Arts and Literature subjects,you must go for a good college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?