10th August 2013, 02:29 PM
Kav vit

Can I get admission in B.Tech after opting Biotechnology?

I am in 11.and have opted biotechnology.
Can I get admission in btech without joining any entrance institute
For jee or etc.

Related Questions:
  1. Should I do BSc Biotechnology after opting for Biotechnology without Maths?
  2. Which are the best biotechnology institutes in Uttar Pradesh and all over India? Is VIT Vellore good for Biotechnology? Should I choose B.Tech Biotechnology, B.Tech Bioinformatics or B.Tech Biomedical Engineering?
  3. What is the best college in Bangalore for biotechnology?
  4. Which courses can I opt for after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology? Is MS associated with Biotechnology a good choice for me?
  5. What are the various career options after opting biology,physics and chemistry?
  6. Should I go for BSc Biotechnology or B.Tech Biotechnology?
  7. How to get a good job after passing Biotech?
  8. List of institutions offering GATE preparatory coaching in Kerala for Biotechnology?
  9. Which are the universities offering M.Tech industrial biotechnology course? What is the scope of industrial biotechnology in India
  10. Can I do Biotechnology with Biology background and without Maths after 12th? Institutes in India offering such course? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Exams for which a Btech in Biotechnology student can appear? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How much is the salary after completing B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  13. How to do MBA in Biotechnology after passing BSc Biotechnology? Procedure for admission?
  14. Good companies for doing job after btech biotechnology?
  15. Sample Papers of LDC Exam?
  16. Information about jobs and salary of B.Tech Biotechnology
  17. Information about jobs and salary of B.Tech Biotechnology?
  18. Can I give medical entrance after opting for biology? What is the procedure?
10th July 2014, 11:36 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in B.Tech after opting Biotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav vit View Post
I am in 11.and have opted biotechnology.
For jee or etc.
With 11th qualification you are not eligible for B. Tech. To be eligible for B. Tech then you should be complete 12th standard or equivalent qualification in science stream from recognized university. So, I suggest you to continue your studies after completing 12th standard you are definitely eligible for B. Tech course.

For jee or etc??

Yes, It's mandatory that you should be qualified in an engineering entrance examination to get admission to B. Tech course. Without appearing engineering entrance examination you can't get admitted to B. Tech course.

B.Tech ie:- (Bachelor of Engineering). It is an professional degree program. The duration of the course is four years which is split into eight semester.

Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech:-

~The candidate should have appeared and passed 10+2 from a recognized university with 50% marks in physics ,chemistry & biology.

~The candidate who qualified in Diploma course can join directly B.Tech 2nd years through lateral entry.

~The candidate should be qualified in an engineering entrance examination like, JEE/BITSAT etc.. or the entrance examination conducted by the Institution.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?