3rd June 2012, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in BCA after scoring 63% in 12th? Procedure and the entrance exam?

hi...i have passed class 12 wid 63%. . . I wntd kb knw wethr i vl get admisn in bca. . If yes then how whats the criteria for this nd wat is the procedure, entrnc exm every impt thng regardng this. Ply help me out

4th June 2012, 11:44 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in BCA after scoring 63% in 12th? Procedure and the entrance exam?

Yes. You are eligible to get admission for BCA course having scored 63% of marks in your 12th Class.

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. This is a 3 year technical related Graduation course being offered by many of the colleges all over India.

In many of the colleges, direct admission will be given to the candidates to join this course.

However, there are some of top Institutes which will conduct Entrance Exam to give admission for this course.

If you score 50% of marks in your 12th class, it is more than enough to get admission for this course.

However, it will be good for you if you have more percentage of marks in your 12th class.

Because, some colleges will give admission for this course on the basis of merit (percentage of marks in your 12th Class).

If there are more number of candidates who have scored more percentage of marks than you, then there is a chance that you will not get admission for that course in that college.

Collect the list of institutes which are offering this course in and around the place where you live.

Filter the colleges where there are high academic standards and good placement record.

Know the selection procedure to be placed in those colleges and prepare accordingly.

Soon after the completion of this course, I suggest you to join MCA course so that there is a scope for you to be placed in top IT companies like
-TCS
-Wipro
-Infosys
-Mahindra Satyam
-Oracle
-Microsoft etc.

The admission for MCA course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Start preparing for the Entrance Exam from the 2nd year of your BCA course.

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
4th June 2012, 12:11 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission in BCA after scoring 63% in 12th? Procedure and the entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi...i have passed class 12 wid 63%. . . I wntd kb knw wethr i vl get admisn in bca. . If yes then how whats the criteria for this nd wat is the procedure, entrnc exm every impt thng regardng this. Ply help me out

yes you are eligible for BCA

Bachelor of Computer Application is 3 years Undergraduate degree course.

Eligibility for BCA
12th passed with 50% marks or other equivalent qualification from recognized board.
you have must have MATHS/STATISTICS/BUSINESS MATHEMATICS in your class
12th.

Reputed institutions take Entrance Exam which usually consist questions on

ENGLISH
QUANTITIVE APTITUDE
REASONING
GENERAL AWARENESS

followed by
Group Discussion
Personal Interview.

TOP Bachelor of Computer Applications INSTITUTE

Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS) Bangalore, India
Satya Institute of Media and Management Lucknow, India
Indian Institute of Management & Commerece (IIMC) Hyderabad, India
Prestige Institute of Management and Research Indore, India
Apeejay Institute of Management Jalandhar, India
Aryans Group of Colleges (AGC) Mohali, India
JK Business School (JKBS) Gurgaon - Delhi/NCR, India
Prestige Institute Of Management Gwalior, India
Indian Academy Group of Institutions Bangalore, India
IndraPrastha College of Management and Technology (ICMT) Kota, India

4th June 2012, 12:13 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria for BCA:

The minimum educational qualification required to get admission in BCA is a pass in 12th with at least 50% marks.

Most of the colleges need either maths or computer as one of the subjects in 12th and also english as a compulsory subject.

Though some colleges do not need this criteria.

Some colleges conducts their own entrance exam while some seeks admission on the basis of merit.

Fee structure:

The fee structure for BCA varies from college to college.

If you want to do it from a private college then the 3 year course will take 1,50,000 approx.

and if you want to do it from a govt. college, then the total fee structure for 3 years will be around 75,000..

The best colleges where you can pursue BCA course are listed below:

Satya Institute of Media and Management ,Lucknow

Indian Institute of Management & Commerece (IIMC) ,Hyderabad

Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS) ,Bangalore

Prestige Institute of Management and Research ,Indore

Apeejay Institute of Management ,Jalandhar

Aryans Group of Colleges (AGC) ,Chandigarh

JK Business School (JKBS) ,Gurgaon

Indian Academy Group of Institutions ,Bangalore

IndraPrastha College of Management and Technology (ICMT) ,Jodhpur

Lovely Professional University ,Jalandhar

Management and Commerce Institute of Global Synergy ,Ajmer
4th June 2012, 12:14 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Soon after the completion of 10+2, one can become eligible to pursue BCA course at graduation level.

Many colleges give admissions for BCA subject to the eligibility criteria that
-Candidate should have to secure a minimum of 50% of marks at 10+2 level
-Candidates must have Mathematics as one of the subject at 10+2 level.

Some colleges give admissions directly while some other institutes may conduct entrance test as a part of the eligibility criteria.

There is a possibility to join BCA without having Mathematics as one of the subject at 10+2 level. But this is possible in limited number of colleges.

I would suggest you to perform well in your BCA and then go for MCA later on make entry into top IT companies to have good career

4th June 2012, 12:41 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Eligibility criteria for BCA course:

Candidate should have completed 12th standard in any stream,except Biology course.
marks should not be less than 55%.

Entrance exam for BCA course:

Common entrance test(CET)
Symbosis Entrance Test(SET)

Some of the best colleges offers Bachelor of Computer Application(BCA) course in India:

KIIT university.
VIT university.
Amity school of computer application.
SRM university.

4th June 2012, 01:06 PM
romi_bal

Yes. You are eligible to get admission for BCA course having scored 63% of marks in your 12th Class.

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. This is a 3 year technical related Graduation course being offered by many of the colleges all over India.

In many of the colleges, direct admission will be given to the candidates to join this course.

However, there are some of top Institutes which will conduct Entrance Exam to give admission for this course.

If you score 50% of marks in your 12th class, it is more than enough to get admission for this course.

However, it will be good for you if you have more percentage of marks in your 12th class.

Because, some colleges will give admission for this course on the basis of merit (percentage of marks in your 12th Class).

If there are more number of candidates who have scored more percentage of marks than you, then there is a chance that you will not get admission for that course in that college.

Collect the list of institutes which are offering this course in and around the place where you live.

Filter the colleges where there are high academic standards and good placement record.

Know the selection procedure to be placed in those colleges and prepare accordingly.

Soon after the completion of this course, I suggest you to join MCA course so that there is a scope for you to be placed in top IT companies like
-TCS
-Wipro
-Infosys
-Mahindra Satyam
-Oracle
-Microsoft etc.

The admission for MCA course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Wish you all the best.
4th June 2012, 04:25 PM
Radhakrishna143

-TCS
-Wipro
-Infosys
-Mahindra Satyam
-Oracle
-Microsoft etc.

Wish you all the best.
4th June 2012, 07:18 PM
deedon

The Eligibility for BCA is:

A candidate must have passed 10+2 in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized Board/ University.

You have to give an entrance exam and finally you will get admission in it.
4th June 2012, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

How can i do bca after completing 10 which subject should be taken
5th June 2012, 01:42 PM
meeru.khurana

yes dear you will, check the websites of some good institutions, they have cutoff 60% and offer some scholarships also. you can check the following

Koneru Laksmaiah College of Engineering, Guntur
Christ University, Bangalore
Lovely professional University,jalandhar
SRM Engineering College, Chennai
St Peter’s Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai
Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
24th June 2012, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Can i get admission in BCA after scoring 58% in 12th?
16th May 2013, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Has admission for BCA 2013 started in gujarat.......?
17th May 2013, 11:52 AM
jatoth balu
Member+

Hello Dear,

Top bachalor computer science university:----------

-------->1.Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS) Bangalore, India
-------->2.Satya Institute of Media and Management Lucknow, India
--------->3.Indian Institute of Management & Commerece (IIMC) Hyderabad, India
---------->4.Prestige Institute of Management and Research Indore, India
---------->5.Apeejay Institute of Management Jalandhar, India
----------->6.Aryans Group of Colleges (AGC) Mohali, India
----------->7.JK Business School (JKBS) Gurgaon - Delhi/NCR, India
------------>8.Prestige Institute Of Management Gwalior, India
-------------->9.Indian Academy Group of Institutions Bangalore, India
--------------->10IndraPrastha College of Management and Technology

-------->1.TCS
------->2.Wipro
------>3.Infosys
----->4.Mahindra Satyam
----->5.Oracle
------>6.Microsoft etc.
13th May 2014, 08:14 AM
Unregistered

I'm a student of plus two with biology science including mathematics. Am i eligible for bca course?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?