27th March 2015, 10:23 PM
ashiqur31

Can I get admission to study MBA in IIM if secured 55.18% in BCA, 58% in 12th and 76% in 10th?

Hello,
I have completed my BCA degree this year with 55.18%,
I had 58% in my 12th and 76% in my 10th,
Will i be eligible for admission into IIM for MBA?
Thank you in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study MBA in Abroad if secured 56% in 12th and 68% in 10th?
  2. To study in B.Sc should I take admission in any Diploma course if secured 41% in 10th?
  3. Required score in GRE Exam to get admission for MS in top universities being a candidate having secured 92% in 10th, 89% in 12th and 75% in B.Tech with ECE?
  4. Can I study MBA in Germany if secured 6.5 Bands in IELTS?
  5. Is it difficult to get admission in any Architecture college at Abroad if secured low percentage in 10th? Entrance exams to study Architecture in Abroad?
  6. Can I get admission in IIM through CAT if secured 66% in BBA, 72% in 12th and 61% in 10th?
  7. What is the eligibility criteria for TCS on campus? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What shoud I do after completion of 10th with 68% and 12th with 45%?
  9. Whether IT Industries requires sufficient percentage in 10th and 12th for job recruitment?
  10. Which Companies am I eligible having secured 56% in 10th, 58% in 12th and 61% in B.Tech with ME stream?
  11. Am I eligible for GATE after scoring 58% in 10th and 71% in 12th
  12. How can I study MBBS in abroad if secured 95.6% in 12th and 91% in 10th?
  13. Can I get admission in IIM-A or IIM-B if secured 99 percentile in CAT?
  14. Am I eligible to study MS in Abroad if secured 58% in 10th, 48% in 12th and 8.1 CGPA in B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)?
  15. Can I get admission to study BCA if secured 66% in 12th?
  16. Which Companies am I eligible for Campus Placements being a candidate having secured 62% in 10th, 58% in 12th and 67% in BE?
  17. Which Colleges I can get admission having secured 85% in 10th, 79% in 12th, 75% in B.Com and 56% in MAT?
  18. Can I get admission in any school at Delhi if secured low marks in 10th standard?
28th March 2015, 04:24 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study MBA in IIM if secured 55.18% in BCA, 58% in 12th and 76% in 10th?

Well to get admission into one of the top institute of MBA that is IIM institute marks related to your previous exam will not matter at all . The only thing that matter that lead you to get admission into IIM institute of any branch is your MBA entrance exam percentile marks .

You need to sit for an MBA entrance exam that is CAT exam most prefer exam that can help you to get admission into IIM institute or any MBA institute in India as well as Abroad .

So you need to secure aleast 90 above percentile then only you will be getting a call for next round that is group discussion round and then personal interview round . clearing all the three stage with good marks will surely get admission to do MBA course in IIM institute. But i would like to tell you one thing that don't aim for only IIM institute instead you can focus other institute also . After completion of MBA degree you will be getting ample of opportunities by many reputed companies.
29th March 2015, 01:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study MBA in IIM if secured 55.18% in BCA, 58% in 12th and 76% in 10th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashiqur31 View Post
Hello,
I have completed my BCA degree this year with 55.18%,
I had 58% in my 12th and 76% in my 10th,
Will i be eligible for admission into IIM for MBA?
Thank you in advance.
Yes, you are eligible for MBA course in IIM because your graduation degree marks is above 50% but you should qualify in CAT exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. CAT examination is conducted by IIM's every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA colleges.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. For SC/ST candidates the percentage is 45 % in graduation. There is no age limitation for the candidates. Final year student are also eligible for CAT exam.

Pattern for CAT exam:-

1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.

For more details about CAT exam, you can visit to the official website http://www.catiim.in
29th March 2015, 08:27 AM
unique99

As per your marks you mentioned here you are absolutely eligible for IIM conducted CAT
to joim in IIM Colleges through IIM score and interview score.

Always keep in mind IIM is the best colleges for MBA course in India.
accordingly you are to score more than 95 % in IIM CAT test to join
IIM Colleges.

30th March 2015, 01:16 AM
er.animesh6
Member+

Smile Re: Can I get admission to study MBA in IIM if secured 55.18% in BCA, 58% in 12th and 76% in 10th?

Hi,

To join IIM for MBA you have to appear in CAT examination.Based on the CAT score you will get a call form IIM to study MBA.

There is no such academic percentage required to Join IIM for MBA.Only CAT score is required.

So your 10th,12th and BCA marks are of no use at the time of getting admission in IIM.

Coming to your answer to get admission in IIM you have to score at least 97 percentile in CAT exam as general candidate.If you are SC/ST then you have to score at least 95-90 percentile in CAT.

CAT score does not only guarantee that you will get admission in IIM.After scoring good marks you will get a call from IIM for Interview.Based on the performance in the Interview you will get admission in IIM for MBA.

So study hard and All the best.
31st March 2015, 12:10 AM
kunalroy89

Your marks are not the sole criteria for IIM MBA.
One must qualify in CAT to be eligible for interview call from IIM.
Most of the IIMs call students with above 96-97percentile marks in CAT.
Although that even does not guarantee selection.
You must score above 99percentile to have a good chance.Remember it is percentile not percentage.
Anyways there are credits for high scores in previous qualifying exams as 10th,12th and Graduation.Your marks makes you eligible but there will be different credits for range of marks where you may suffer a little bit but that is not the problem if you have high score in CAT
31st March 2015, 12:12 AM
kunalroy89

Your marks are not the sole criteria for IIM MBA.
One must qualify in CAT to be eligible for interview call from IIM.
Most of the IIMs call students with above 96-97percentile marks in CAT.
Although that even does not guarantee selection.
You must score above 99percentile to have a good chance.Remember it is percentile not percentage.
Anyways there are credits for high scores in previous qualifying exams as 10th,12th and Graduation.Your marks makes you eligible but there will be different credits for range of marks where you may suffer a little bit but that is not the problem if you have high score in CAT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?