25th August 2011, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a government job after graduating in Information Science with 68%?

i m graduate in information science and engg(with 68%)...completed 1 yr exprnce in IT filed as sql programmer...i need govt job ...pls mail me at [email protected]

2nd December 2011, 03:45 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a government job after graduating in Information Science with 68%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m graduate in information science and engg(with 68%)...completed 1 yr exprnce in IT filed as sql programmer...i need govt job ...pls mail me at [email protected]
Hello friend,
Being a graduate and having secured more then 65% marks, you are definitely eligible to apply for most of the government sector jobs.
To get into the public sector, most of time you will have to qualify certain examination which are usually conducted by Union Public Service Commission, state level public service commission and staff selection commission.
Apart from these examinations, you may also apply for various public sector undertakings in your relevant field.
Apart from educational qualification, age is another important factor for government job and therefore, you need to make sure if you are within the acceptable age limit or not.
In most of the government sector exams, the maximum age limit would range between 27-30 years.
18th April 2013, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get a government job after graduating in Information Science with 68%?

even though i have 71% aggregate due to the reason of software down in market i was unable to get placement in campus..,now am studying in final semester of information science branch what can i do?
19th April 2013, 08:57 PM
aklk224

Thumbs up Re: Can I get a government job after graduating in Information Science with 68%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi
Scope of government jobs in IT sector:

Even though, private players dominate the IT industry, government is also taking every step and offering every help to bring about further growth in this booming industry. With this view, Government of India has introduced Software Technology Parks of India, which is an autonomous society working under the Department of Information Technology of Government of India in different cities like Bangalore, Chennai, Noida, Thiruvananthapuram, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar and Guwahai. Therefore, the future growth prospects are wider in this sector.

Bank Recruitments – The candidates can apply for jobs in the banking sector. The positions that you can opt for can be of clerical or Probationary officer scale. The candidates can apply through logging in to the official website of the particular bank where you are applying to.
UPSC – There are various examinations which are conducted by the Union Public service commission. You can apply for the Civil services exams such as the IAS, IPS, IFS, and IES etc. You can also apply for jobs in the Railway department. Opportunities also exist in the Income tax Department, CBI, Customs department, Postal services, Defense sector in various defense wings etc.

All the Best
20th April 2013, 09:27 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Hello Dear Friend ...

YES

Of course

You can find the so many job employment areas

They are

Indian Railways

Banking Sector

Postal assistant

Sorting Assistant

IAS

IPS

IFS

Civil Services

Union Public Service Commission

Staff Selection Commission

Combined Defense Services

Bank Clerks

Bank Probationary officers ... etc.,

ALL THE GOOD LUCK
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?