17th March 2010, 05:23 PM
kalpesh.kaneriya

Can I get job in Indian Air force or Indian navy?

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering in Dec '06.

I am working in Essar Steel Hazira Ltd. since Jan '07.

I want to work in Indian Air Force and Indian Navy.

My detail as mentioned below.

Name: Kalpeshkumar K. Kaneriya
DOB: 19/02/1986
Age 24 years
Current Location Surat, Gujarat, India
Nationality: Indian

May i get proper information from your side?

Please do the needful.

Thank you.

With Regards,
Kalpesh Kaneriya
+91 9909902060

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get job in Indian Air force or Indian navy?
  2. What are the jobs in Indian Navy or Air Force?
  3. Eligibility to join Navy or Airforce aftre passing SSC with 75% marks?
  4. How can I apply for Indian Navy and Indian Air Force after doing BSc H Physics?
  5. How to get pharmacist job in Indian Navy, Indian Air Force and Indian Army?
  6. What is the career scope for me in IAF after completion of BCA course?
  7. What is the role of Pharmacist in Indian Air Force? Scope for Pharmacy candidates in Air Force, Navy and Army? How can I join Navy, Army or Air Force being a Graduate in Pharmacy?
  8. Qualification required for Indian Navy and Indian Air Force for 19 years old candidate?
  9. How can I get Officer rank job in Indian Navy/Air Force with 80% in B.Com and certificate in ICAI and Diploma Computer courses?
  10. Scope for dentists in Indian Navy and Air Force?
  11. Am I eligible for Indian Navy or Indian Air Force having scored 49% in 12th standard and with an age of 20 years?
  12. Can I join Indian navy or Indian air force on the basis of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  13. What is the qualification required for CDS?
  14. Being a 24 years old BSMS female graduate am I eligible for Indian Navy or Indian Air Force?
  15. How much marks should I score in NDA exam to get selected in Indian Air Force and Indian Navy?
  16. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  18. Job opportunities in Indian Air Force for girls through B.E.(Civil Engineering)? Safety available for girls in Indian Air Force?
18th March 2010, 12:18 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get job in Indian Air force or Indian navy?

you go through CDS exam conducted by UPSC....
then you get job...in air force or navy...
keep on eyes on employment news....
good luck...
25th March 2010, 01:25 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello,friend
To get into Indian Air Force or Indian Navy you have to crack tests specialized for these fields. There are NDA exam,CDS exam conducted by UPSC,which you can apply for.
For this you just visit UPSC-NDA related websites where you will get all details of your query.
ok.Best of luck!
31st March 2010, 11:30 PM
pritirai

hi
you can apply for cds exam conducted by upsc. by giving this exam you can join air force and navy.

for more information visit the official website

best of luck
15th April 2010, 11:05 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

yes you can go for it but for that you have to appear for CDS exam.............keep a check on the upsc official site :-www.upsc.gov.in for the dates of the exam.........
15th April 2010, 11:29 PM
satyavani
Senior Member++

the only way for you to get into air force and navy is through writing cds and for that you should be an graduate which you are not,
so i think you are not eligible to join the navy or airforce
16th April 2010, 11:34 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Sorry dear you are not eligible for joining any defence services.Carefully read the reason given below.

CDS
: you are also not eligible for joining through CDS,because for joining through CDS in ARMY:minimum qualification is bachelor degree with at least 60%.For NAVY:minimum qualification is B.sc (physics & maths) or B.tech/B.E.For AIRFORCE:minimum qualification is Bachelor degree (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or B.tech/B.E.

IAF

Since,you are diploma engineering holder,you are only eligible to join IAF as an "Airmen" grade X (Technical) grade Y (Non-technical).

Eligibility criteria: Candidate should have completed a Three-Year diploma from a Government of India recognised Institute / Polytechnic, with minimum 50% marks in Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics or Telecommunications or Aeronautical or Ship Building or Instumentation Engineering or Metallurgy or in any other subject as advertised in employment news.

Age limit:Your age must not be greater then 22 years at the time of training for it.But since you DOB is 19/02/1986,your present age is 24 years,that why you are not eligible for it.

Indian Navy

Since,you are diploma engineering holder,you are eligible to join INS as a "Sailor" or "DEDH" (Diret Entry Diploma Holder).

Eligibility criteria: More or less as same as mentioned Above.

Age Limit : More or less as same as mentioned Above.

Sorry but in future also I dont think you will be eligible for joining any defence service,just because of your "Age"

Best fo Luck

Last edited by faiyaz; 16th April 2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Some text was missing.
16th April 2010, 12:16 PM
pradeep.godithi

HI,
Your interest to join in Indian forces is nice.There will be exam called UPSC for any armed forces so you can write that exam and also check the www.freshersworld.com website.You can find the latest jobs for diploma,engineering and for all others.Yo can also see employement news.

Thank you
16th April 2010, 03:32 PM
sATHU

hi..

you get into air force throuh the CDS exams conducted by Unoin Public Service Comission(UPSC).....
16th April 2010, 05:18 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

yes you can join indian air force as well as
indian army, but you have to give some
entrance exams like cds which is conducted
by upsc, after clear this exams you can join
army or indian airforce............

ok
best of luck.
20th April 2010, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

i m in 12th i want to join army but date of nda test over what can i do
22nd April 2010, 11:20 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i m in 12th i want to join army but date of nda test over what can i do
Once the date is over nothing can be done,there is no such facility that you can appear for it by paying late fees etc.

You have'nt mentioned your Date of Birth so that we can guide you accordingly.

Howerver,if your age is within limit then you can appear for NDAnext year.

You also have'nt mentioned that which stream do you had opted in your class 12.

However,if your stream is science (PCM) and will be able to score at least 70% then you can join IAF directly in there Technical Entry Scheme after cracking an Entrance.

Best of Luck
22nd April 2010, 11:35 AM
Harshita21

hi
It is good that you want to join Indian air force but eligibility is minimum 60 % marks in graduation but you have done diploma so you are not eligible.
Either do your current job or go for higher studies like B.tech
for joining IAF.
24th April 2010, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

i class X pass but i want to join indian navy can i join with this qualification?
26th April 2010, 05:28 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i class X pass but i want to join indian navy can i join with this qualification?
Nice to see that at very begining stage of your life you are clear and passionate about your career decision.

But for joining Indian Navy just haveing class X passed certificate in Hand is Niether enough nor better.

Only posts like- Cook, Carpenter, Barbar are available for you.

So, for Entering into Indian Navy at least first complete your class 12 better with science stream.

After that number of oppurtunities will be open for you to enter into Indian Navy.

After you +2 you can enter through NDA, TES, Salior Entry Scheme etc.

So, if you really want a promissing career at India Navy, then it is adviceable first complete you +2 with good percentage then look forward for it.

Best 0f Luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~

Last edited by faiyaz; 26th April 2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Correction
26th April 2010, 07:53 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear,
a 10th class candidate can only apply for cook post and i think for that to the criteria have changed.......it will be better if you contact the defense correspondent......
you will have to appear for a written exam and an interview......

it will be good for you if you complete your 12th standard and then think of applying for officer post in Indian navy.......

for more details visit the following link :-
http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in/

best of luck
3rd May 2010, 10:32 PM
tvenkatnarasaiah

Smile Re: Can I get job in Indian Air force or Indian navy?

sir,
i am diploma 2year over .next 3year .please suggest i want to become sailor in navy(DEDH)
age 30/05/1900. how many chances are after my diploma to write exams in DEDH. i have asked but no reply. please do need for me.
3rd May 2010, 10:35 PM
tvenkatnarasaiah

sir,
i am diploma 2year over .next 3year .please suggest i want to become sailor in navy(DEDH)
age 30/05/1900. how many chances are after my diploma to write exams in DEDH. i have asked but no reply. please do need for me.
4th May 2010, 01:18 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvenkatnarasaiah View Post
sir,
For joining Indian Navy Service (INS) as a Sailor, you must satisfy following criterias.

The candidate must be Indian National.

Eligibility criteria: Candidate should have completed a Three-Year diploma from a Government of India recognised Institute / Polytechnic, with minimum 50% marks in Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics or Telecommunications or Aeronautical or Ship Building or Instumentation Engineering or Metallurgy or in any other subject as advertised in employment news.

Age Limit: Candidate must be within the age band limit of 18-22 years before the commencement of training.That means minimum age limit is 18 years and maximum is 22 years.

Since your date of birth is 30.05.90 you are within the age limit.

Last date for reciept of application form for DEDH 2010 was 12.01.10

So, wait till for another notification to be released for DEDH, keep reading employment news.

Best of Luck

Last edited by faiyaz; 4th May 2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: correction
4th May 2010, 02:56 PM
brrrravi

hi, friend
to get job in indian air force or indian navy there are few way to apply this let we describe according to 2010 year you have must qualification below

Born between 02 Jan 1983 and 01 Jan 1993 for AEC/SSC and Born between 02 July 83 and 01 July 1993 for UEC .
and then if you engg. then apply is like

* AEC (Electronics) : Be/B.Tech. in Electronics/ Telecommunication/ Electrical/ Electrical Communication/ Electronics & Communication/ Instrumentation/ Computer Science & Engineering or a combination of these subjects. OR Diploma in Electronics of Madras Institute of Technology OR B.Tech. in Radio Physics and Electronics/ Optics and Op to Electronics OR M.Sc.Degree in Physics (with Electronics) / Electronics/ Computer Science/ Computer application / MCA with Maths, Physics and Electronics at graduate level OR M.Sc. Tech. in Electronics and Radio Engineering OR Section A& B of Examination of Institute of Engineers in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunication subject OR Section A & B of Examination of Aeronautical Society of India OR Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
* For AEC (Mechanical) : B.E./ B.Tech. in Aeronautical/ Mechanical / Production/ Industrial Production or a combination of these subjects OR Section A&B of the Associate Membership Examination of Institute of Engineers in Mechanical/ Aeronautical OR Section A & B of Associate Membership of the Aeronautical Society of India.

How to apply :
If you meet these requirements, apply on plain A4 size paper (typed or handwritten) in English in the prescribed format and post the application to the address given below by ordinary post to reach latest by 14/04/2010.
CET Centres and Application froward to:

1. Palam, Rajokari (New Delhi), Hindon (Ghazaiabad), Chandigarh, Ambala, Pathankot - Command Education Officer, HQ Western Air Command IAF, Subrato Park, New Delhi - 10
2. Allahabad, Agra, Gorakhpur, Memoura, Lucknow, Barreilly, Bihta (Patna) - Command Education Officer, HQ Central Air Command IAF, Bamrauli, Allahabad (UP) - 211012
3. Guwahati, Barrckpore, Kalaikunda (Kharagpur) - Command Education Officer, HQ Eastern Air Command IAF,Nong Lyer, Shillong - 739009 (Meghalaya)
4. Nagpur, Ojhar (Nasik) - Command Education Officer, HQ Maintenance Air Command IAF, Vayu Sena Nagar, Nagpur (Mah) - 440007
5. Mumbai, Pune, Vadodara, Jodhpur, ahmedabad - Command Education Officer, HQ South Western Air Command IAF, Sector-9, Ghandhi Nagar (Guj) - 382009
6. Hyderabad, Bangalore (Jallahalli West, Jallahalli East) , Yelahanka, Belgaum, Bidar, Begumpet, Hakimpet, Tambaram, Coimbatore, Avadi (Chennai) - Command Education Officer, HQ Training Command IAF, JC Nagar, PO Hebbal, Bangalore - 560006
7. Thiruvanantpuram, Kochi, Sulur (Coimbatore) - Command Education Officer, HQ Southern Air Command IAF, Thiruvanantpuram, - 695031 (Kerala)

good luck...
8th May 2010, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

i am jithin from kerala, i am a diploma holder in electronics engineer . can i get job in IAF as pilot.plz give me reply about this
11th May 2010, 08:22 AM
Unregistered

Re: Can I get job in Indian Air force or Indian navy?
sir,
i am b tech mechanical over .next 2year .,
I am working in continental automotive private Ltd. since oct 09

age 26/12/1987.
11th May 2010, 09:02 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am jithin from kerala, i am a diploma holder in electronics engineer . can i get job in IAF as pilot.plz give me reply about this
For joining IAF as a Flying Officer, you must possess at least Bachelor Degree.

As a Diploma Engineer you are onle eligible for "Airmen" grade 'X' and 'Y' both technical and non-technical branch. And all the neccessary criteria for which has been discussed by me in above two posts.

There are following Entry Schemes for you, if you want to be a Pilot at IAF.

UES: university entry scheme,is meant for all male and female candidates those who have attend there first university degree,that is (Bachelor degree) {weather B.A./B.sc./B.com or B.Tech}. Notification for it are released In Employment news.
SSC: short service commission, is ment for all male and female candidates those who have B.sc/M.sc (Physics,radio,electronics, ) or B.tech/M.tech (civil,mechanical,electronics,electronics & talecommunication,Aeronautical etc.) with atlest 60% aggregate including all semester.Notification for it are released In Employment news, keep it reading.

CDS: Examination is been conducted by upsc (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year, for getting into all three defence services. But I think when you would be able to complete your B.tech you would have crossed the age limit of 23 years for B.tech candidates.

Best of luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~
11th May 2010, 09:16 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpesh.kaneriya View Post
Dear Sir / Madam,

Age 24 years

Please do the needful.

Thank you.

With Regards,
Kalpesh Kaneriya
+91 9909902060

Hi
If you want to get job in Indian army then you have to give entrance exam.
Then you are short listed and after that all procedure are made
please collect all information from this site.
http://careerairforce.nic.in
Good luck
12th May 2010, 12:57 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

you have to appear for the CDS exam and if you pass it then you can join the indian defense...........so start preparing for it and apply for it as soon the form get released......

good luck
14th May 2010, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

i am a arts student can i join Indian air force ?
16th May 2010, 03:28 PM
phuchi

dear friend
you can get job in INDIAN AIR FORCE by
CDS
NDA
UES
for details visit website
www.upsc.gov.in
17th May 2010, 08:15 AM
Harshita21

There are two entrance exams are conducted for 12th passing students from any stream .
NDA-I in april
NDA-II in auguest

after graduation you can also go for AIF.

best of luck
17th May 2010, 12:13 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i am a arts student can i join Indian air force ?
You have'nt mentioned your Exact Qualification.

You are ARTS student, But in which Level I mean in class12, BA, MA etc.

However, there are very few way for Arts student to join IAF.

CDS : Combined Defence Service Examination is Conducted by UPSC (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice evey year for getting into all three defence services. But Eligibility criteria is such that Candidate should be Graduate in Any Decipline but opted for (Physic & Maths ) as the main subject in class 12.

UES: university entry scheme,Eligibility criteria is such that candidates those who have attend there first university degree,that is (Bachelor degree) can join there. After passing a Written Test, which will be followed by Interview and Medical Fitness test. Notification for it are released In Employment news,keep it reading.
Besides these there are also oppurtunites for you to join there in there Logistic as well as Teaching Cadre.
The required thing is that keep reading Employment news and visting IAF officials website- http://careerairforce.nic.in

Best of Luck
17th May 2010, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

no but you can apply through OTA(Official Training Academy)
17th May 2010, 12:44 PM
piyank

Dear Student,
u can join indian airforce, it has many departments like technical etc, but it also have commen for any decipline also.
17th May 2010, 12:48 PM
sansun

Quote:
Dear Sir / Madam,

Age 24 years

Please do the needful.

Thank you.

With Regards,
Kalpesh Kaneriya
+91 9909902060
yes you can apply in navy or in air force just you want to give ssb for officer rank.
17th May 2010, 12:52 PM
BALWINDER SINGH

Yes ofcourse you are been able to job in the indian army and navy anf air force but the condition is that you have o give the exam of the cds , ues..............conducted by upsc.......
17th May 2010, 01:50 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend,
as you are diploma holder....
so you can apply for the NDA......
as well as there is also direct vacancy through which you can take entry...
o k
all the best
17th May 2010, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Do i hv any scope in navy ,coz m student of B.TECH. in computer sci?
17th May 2010, 04:06 PM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

Sorry to say but you are not eligible for navy or airforce through CDS as you need to have a bachelors degree to join any of them

Though you have completed your diploma that makes you eligible for indian air force as airmen and navy as a sailor, but your age crosses the limit for thet too.

So you can't apply for these posts too
17th May 2010, 06:50 PM
preeti Agarwal

hiiii,
i am sorry but you are not eligible for job in indian air force because you are an diploma holder.

In indian Air force you have to be graduate(B.Tech or Be.)
And as you are a diploma holder you can join INS in Navy as "SALIOR"

Best of luck for your future.
17th May 2010, 07:26 PM
prakashbioc

Quote:
Dear Sir / Madam,

Age 24 years

Please do the needful.

Thank you.

With Regards,
Kalpesh Kaneriya
+91 9909902060
Hello,
You can try for the Airmen wing in the Indian Air force since they are hiring in the Diploma in Engineering stream often and if you possess NCC certificate it is a plus, not mandatory. Try to often get the Employment News for the application prospectus or else try this IAF website:

www.indianairforce.nic.in

All the Best !!!!!!!
18th May 2010, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

i am in class 12th now and i want to join air force or navy what do they ask for in medical test and in physical.
20th May 2010, 08:23 AM
Harshita21

In Medical tests:

they test your eyes,ears, are working properly or not.Laser operation eyes are rejected.

they check your legs are straight or not

Are you suffering from a disease or not?

And taking medical test of your body

Physical test:

Is you weight (min 152 cm)according to height or not.

expansion of chest

race

all these are under medical & physical test
26th May 2010, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

i hane completed diploma in electronics&communication engineering.can I get job related to this in army?
1st June 2010, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

currently i am doing BE. and i am in 3rd year.
may i join IAF?
and i am having only 58% in 12th
4th June 2010, 07:01 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
currently i am doing BE. and i am in 3rd year.
may i join IAF?
and i am having only 58% in 12th

If you are scoring at least 60 % in your BE including all semesters then you are eligible for IAF.

There are number of entry schemes for Engineering Cadets to enter into IAF.

You can opt for any of the following Schemes:-

CDS (Combined defence Service)
UES (University Entry Scheme)
SSC (Short Service Commission)
Fast Track Entry Scheme

Just keep reading Employment News, for being up to date.
5th June 2010, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

iam diploma in mechanical engineering student, completed in coimbatore i want join with indian airforce field in technical branch or IAF. this is my native address 103/265 kenpatticolony,cbe,tamilnadu,india. mob:9629108383
7th June 2010, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

I am Mr. Praveen sampal Runing for 12 PUC standarad And join air force or navy what do they ask for in medical test and in physica& Mr. l
My 10th Standard Percentage 69.60%
8th June 2010, 01:40 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Dear Sir / Madam,

Age 24 years

Please do the needful.

Thank you.

With Regards,
Kalpesh Kaneriya
+91 9909902060
you must fill the forms of nda,cds or upsc. Only these can lead you to indian air force or indian navy. Also these exams are very tough so give these exams with good preparation.
All the best
8th June 2010, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

sir ,I am Anurag Paul and in class 12.I want to join Indian Air Force after my complesion of my 2 exam.Can you suggest me how to join Indian Air Force by any source of exam .i can also be NDA.So sir ,it would be kind of you if you help me in this matter.thank you.
13th July 2010, 03:39 PM
Shagun Makin

Dear friend,

There are three processes to get into Army or Air Force.

First is NDA exam which is written exam and you have to clear the exam first for getting call for SSb and there you can select any of above.

Second is CDS it is also written exam but easy as compare to NDA and it also has same process as NDA.

Third is the form which come for graduates or for degree holders fill that form and then you will get call for GD and PI.

best of luck!!!!
31st July 2010, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

sir , my self rahul and i passed my architectural assisttant 3 year diploma in 2005 in 2 division . my date of birth is 10-11-1985 . can i get the job in indian airforce or indian army or any defence
31st August 2010, 02:18 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you can join in air force.

you can get chance in air force in two ways

1.through UES. which exam you can appear in the final year of your btech.

2.through UPSC exam. this exam you can appear after your graduation course.

all the best.........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?