4th August 2013, 01:18 PM
zoya faruk

Can I get a job in railways after passing B.Tech CSE of 3rd semester

I am a student of b.tech cse of 3rd sem in a private university.I want to knowthat How should i study from now onwardsso that i can get a job in railways surely? And also what will be the starting salary if i applyforthepost of sr section engineer?

1st July 2015, 12:24 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a job in railways after passing B.Tech CSE of 3rd semester

Yes, you can apply for the various entrance exams that gives you opportunity to join Indian Railways but your university must be approved from the University Grants Commission.

Railway Recruitment board conducts entrance exam for posts of Section Engineer. In order to clear the exam, you must focus on:

1. General awareness and current affairs.

2. Mathematics and Quantitative aptitude.

3. General English.

Start working on these subjects so that your preparation will be enough to crack the exam. The starting salary for Section Engineer is around Rs 30000 with other benefits.
16th June 2016, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get a job in railways after passing B.Tech CSE of 3rd semester

Sir I'm doing Btech in CSE Branch, but i have a keen interest in railways. Can i apply for the Sr Section Engineer? Or is their any other posts in railway for cse students.. plzz reply fast
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?