20th March 2012, 02:07 PM
priyanka64

Can I get M.Tech sat in universities after scoring GATE rank of 9000?

my gate rank is 9000 can i get m.tech seat in universities

Related Questions:
21st August 2012, 04:34 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I get M.Tech sat in universities after scoring GATE rank of 9000?

Quite likely you will get a seat on the basis of 9000 rank in. However, you must remember that your bachelor’s aggregate marks and specialization is also important to get you a seat in any college. You haven't even mentioned that, neither you have mentioned that you have got the rank of 9000 in which engineering examination!

Very few engineering colleges are still taking admission as their seats for allotted branch/discipline is over. However, many reputed and recognized deemed universities/colleges are still taking admission in engineering.

Most of the UGC recognized and deemed universities and recognized colleges require minimum 65% aggregate marks in higher secondary or equivalent from a recognized school/board to be eligible to apply for admission. ST/SC/ and OBC get a relaxation of 5% marks for admission in almost all the colleges/universities across India. There is also a different quota of allotted number of seats for ST/SC/ and OBC.

There are also colleges which take admission if you have secured 40% or above aggregate marks, but then again there shall always be a question mark left on the reputation and the quality of education they impart.

In the absence of your academic qualification (grades/percentage) it is not even possible to say for which college/university you are eligible for.

Kindly provide the full academic details to get the desired information.

For your reference i have mentioned the name of few of the engineering colleges where you can apply for admission in M. Tech:

Ansal Institute of Technology
Nachauli, Jasana Road, Old Faridabad
Faridabad
Tel: 0129 259 8200
www.aitgurgaon.org/

Lovely University:
Jalandhar-Delhi G. T Road, Phagwara, Punjab India
Tel: +91-1824-404404
www.lpu.in

Manav Rachna International University:
Sec- 43Delhi-Surajkund Road, Faridabad.
Tel: 7507557576
www,mriu.ac.in

Lingaya's Institute of Management and Technology
Sector-3A, Sarai Aurangabad, Bahadurgarh, Haryana,
www.lingayasuniversity.edu.in/
PDM College of Engineering
G.T. Kamal Road, National Highway No.1, village Charishmi, Tehsil Gannaur
Haryana
Tel: 0130 246 0350
www.pdmce.ac.in/

TCM College of Engineeering
Gohana Road
Tel:0180 2579764
www.tcmengineering.com
www.tcmengineering.com/Home/tabid/.../Default.as...

Rohtak Institute of Engineering & Management
Neharpar Faridabad
Tel:0129 220 2064
www.riem.in

Amita University
Block J2, Greound Floor, Amita University Campus, Noida
Tel : 0120-2445252, 0120-4713600
www.amity.edu

Manipal University:
www.manipal.edu
Tel: 9735099233
The admission forms will be available in the admission department of the college/university. You will also be able to download it from the website of the institution.
15th March 2013, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get M.Tech sat in universities after scoring GATE rank of 9000?

I got Gate Rank 9700 2013 I am interested in taking Computer Science in MTech.Well Suggest SOme colleges in India?regarding to my gate rank
7th April 2014, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

sir, i got a rank of 9115 in gate in mechanical stream..my category is obc..is there any chances of getting nits for pursuing mtech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?