23rd January 2015, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I get MSc in software enginering after doing BSc?

I have BSc in it can I get MSc in software engineering

4th December 2015, 02:53 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get MSc in software enginering after doing BSc?

Your question was not clear. Please be more clear with your query so that we would give better solution. There was no such course like M.Sc in Software Engineering. M.Sc and Engineering, both are different courses.

M.Sc stands for Master of Science. It is a 2 year Post Graduate course. In contrast to this, Engineering is a 4 year course offered at Graduation level.

If your intention is to become a Software Engineer, then you should have opted for any of the following courses in Engineering.
B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering
B.Tech in Information Technology

But you have not done Engineering at your Graduation level and you studied B.Sc which is a 3 year course.

You did not mention the subjects which you have gone through in your B.Sc course. In case if you have opted for Computer Science in your B.Sc, then you can opt for the following courses at Post Graduation level in order to make entry into Software Industry
M.Sc in Computer Science
MCA - Master of Computer Applications
MBA in Systems Management
MBA in Information Technology

Out of these 3 courses, M.Sc and MBA are 2 year courses where as the duration for MCA course is 3 years.

The admission for M.Sc and MCA courses would be dependent on the performance of the respective Entrance Exam conducted by those universities. You should get qualified in the Entrance Exam in order to get admission.

To get admission for MBA course, you should crack any of the below Entrance Exams.
CAT
MAT
GMAT

Apart from these, there would be some state level Entrance Exams are there through which you can get admission in various colleges of that particular state.

Choose the course which you are interested and where your previous knowledge and skills are better utilized and crack the respective Entrance Exam to confirm your admission for that course.

If you have scored 60% of marks in your Graduation, there you are eligible to apply for all the Entrance Exams.

After completion of any of these courses, you can apply for job opportunities in top software companies like
TCS
INFOSYS
WIPRO
IBM
ACCENTURE etc.

So, have preparation for the campus placements from the very beginning of your Post Graduation course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?