11th January 2020, 09:16 AM
AmdArif

Can I get the post of Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after completing BCA?

I have qualified BCA Computer Application degree in UG and my age is 19 years but my dream is to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways. So, what I should I do now for it? Is BCA acceptable for Loco Pilot? Is there any entrance exam which I need to write?

14th January 2020, 06:11 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get the post of Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after completing BCA?

The required eligibility to appear for ALP examination is that candidate must have passed diploma or ITI from a required institute.

The minimum age limit is 18 years and the upper age limit is 30 years.

Examination is conducted in various stages for final selection. So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination if does not have the diploma or ITI qualification.

For more information visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
15th January 2020, 03:13 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get the post of Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after completing BCA?

To be eligible for appearing Locopilot exam, you should have completed anyone of the following courses like:
  • ITI course (in Fitter/Electrician/Instrument Mechanic, etc.) for recognized institute.
  • Diploma course (in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Automobile) from AICTE recognized institute.

Since, you have completed BCA course so you are not eligible for Locopilot post of Indian Railways. You must complete ITI or Diploma course to be eligible for this post.

Also note that candidates having age between 18 to 30 years are eligible for this post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?