26th July 2018, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I get stipend to study MTech through GATE in NIT/IIT?

Hello friends, I have qualified in GATE and pursuing my MTech from a Private college with stipend. I just want to know that if I will be able to produce better result next year then when I will be joining NIT or IIT, will I get stipend there also?

29th July 2018, 01:12 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get stipend to study MTech through GATE in NIT/IIT?

=> GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

=> As per my knowledge, yes you can get stipend to study M.Tech through GATE in NIT/IIT.

=> The stipend will be paid per month till the completion of your post graduation for 2 years.
29th July 2018, 09:22 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get stipend to study MTech through GATE in NIT/IIT?

The acronym GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

GATE qualified candidates who pursue M.Tech from any recognized institute of India are eligible to receive a stipend of Rs 12, 400 per month for whole duration of course.

But for admission in IIT, NIT in GATE, you need to have good GATE rank.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?