8th September 2013, 01:28 AM
Nrp007

Can I give CPT while I am continuing 11th commerce?

can I give cpt while I m continuing 11th commerce?
Can I get good cbse colleges for CA

8th September 2013, 11:32 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give CPT while I am continuing 11th commerce?

You can appear for CPT only after completion of 10+2. Hence you have to wait for 1 year now as you are in 11th commerce.

You can register yourself for CA CPT now so that as soon as you complete 10+2 you will be eligible to appear for it without wasting any time.

You are not 12th pass so you will be eligible for provisional registration on the basis of 10th certificate.

CPT is Common Proficiency test for entering into CA course. You have to pass this test in order to proceed to next stage of CA course.

You should be just pass in 10+2 with any stream and there is no percentage criteria mentioned for it.

Subjects of CA CPT:

-Accountancy

-Mercantile Law

-General Economics

-Quantitative Aptitude

You have to score at least 50% marks in this test to qualify. If you qualify this test then you can apply for CA IPCC.

So at present you can concentrate on these CPT subjects so that you can qualify it .
8th September 2013, 11:54 AM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrp007 View Post
dear friend

ca is conducted by institute of charted accountant of india, and no other institution in india conducts this course other than icai,

in india or abroad there is no college either run by cbse or by any organisation which runs ca course,

entrance for ca cousre is cpt which stands for common proficiency test, for cpt minimum educational requirement is class 12th passed from a recognized board,
no requirement of marks

as of now you are not eligible for cpt as you are in class 11th

so first complete your class 12th and then get registered with ICAI ,

please visit icai.org.in for your better understanding

good luck
8th September 2013, 11:56 AM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
dear friend

ca is conducted by institute of charted accountant of india, and no other institution in india conducts this course other than icai,

in india or abroad there is no college either run by cbse or by any organisation which runs ca course,

entrance for ca course is cpt which stands for common proficiency test, for cpt minimum educational requirement is class 12th passed from a recognized board,
no requirement of marks

as of now you are not eligible for cpt as you are in class 11th

so first complete your class 12th and then get registered with ICAI ,

please visit icai.org.in for your better understanding

good luck
8th September 2013, 12:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

No,you cannot give CPT exam while continuing your 11th standard.To be eligible to appear for the CPT exam,you must have completed your 12th or equivalent in commerce stream from a recognised board/institute.

The CPT exam will be conducted two times in every year and after completing your 12th,you can appear for CPT exam at any time of the exam.

After qualifying in the CPT exam,you will get admission into the CA course.The second stage of CA course is IPCC after the completion of the CPT course.After qualifying in the IPCC course,you are eligible to do the Final CA course.

All The Best
8th September 2013, 12:45 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend...................

CPT :- Common Proficiency Test . It's an entry level Examination for CA course . This Examination is conducted by Institute of Charted Accountant of India .

Eligibility criteria :-

You should be complete Senior Secondary Examination 10th or 12th or equivalent examination in any discipline with 55% percentage of marks from recognized university . There is no age limit for apply for CPT Examination .

The Examination is conducted by the mode of Paper-Pencil mode Examination .

The CPT Examination consist of objective type questions . This Examination having Negative marking . So you will take special care for attempting the Examination .

You may apply for the examination in both the online as well as offline .

Syllabus for CPT Examination :-

-Fundamentals of Accounting

-Mercantile Laws

-General Economics

-Quantitative Aptitude
8th September 2013, 01:03 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can only apply for the Common Proficiency Test after completing 12th standard. You may register for the CPT at the moment but can not appear till you have completed Class 12th.

After finishing Class 12th regardless of the subjects you took or the marks obtained in board exams, you will be eligible for the Common Proficiency Test.

The Common Proficiency Test is conducted in June and December. There are 4 sections in the test. All 4 are divided in two groups. You must be able to score at least 30 percent marks in each of the group to clear Common Proficiency Test.

CPT Pattern

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude

Following Common Proficiency Test, you will have to register for the IPCC course. After registering for the course with ICAI you wil study for 9 months. After that you can apply for the first group examination.

IPCC Group 1

1. Accounting

2. Business Laws,Ethics and Communication

3. Cost Accounting and Financial Management

4. Taxation

Then before you apply for the second group, take admission for the 3 years long articleship. This is mandatory.

IPCC Group 2

5. Advanced Accounting
6. Auditing and Assurance
7. Information Technology and Strategic Management

You can only appear for the final course once you have completed 30 months of articleship.
8th September 2013, 08:27 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

You can give CPT exams only after passing class 12th

CPT exams or Common Profiency tests are held in June and December each year

Next CPT exams would be held in December 2013
Forms for this exam would be filled in October 2013

Candidates who have appeared in class 12th exam or have passed class 12th exam can apply

In the CPT exams questions are asked from the below sections:
Fundamentals of accounting
Mercantile LAWS
General Economics
Quantitative Aptitude

All the questions are asked in objective mode only
Candidates scoring minimum 50% marks are declared as pass
There are negative markings of .25 for each incorrect answer.

CPT exams fees-Rs 1000

Fees for CPT Registration is:
Application Form-Rs 100
CPT registration fees-Rs 6000
Total Rs 6100

You can apply for the CPT course online through the website http://www.icai.org/cptform.html
10th September 2013, 06:18 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
You're ineligible to apply for CPT Entrance Examination after completing you're 11th standard. In order to apply for CPT Entrance Examination then you have to complete 12th standard.

So, Only you're eligible for CPT Entrance Examination after Completing 12th standard.

CPT stands for (Common Proficiency Test) and this Entrance Examination conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountant of India and this Entrance Examination held during the month of June and December.

Eligibility Criteria for CPT Entrance Examination:-

To be eligible for this course, the candidates should have 12th standard or equivalent qualification from recognized university. Any discipline candidates are eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination.

No Minimum age limit is required for this Entrance Examination. The candidate who qualified in 12th standard to eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination.

This CPT Entrance Examination pattern consist of Fundamentals of Accountancy/Economics/Mercantile Law/Quantitative Aptitude etc..

The Important as well as Notification for this Entrance Examination released in Official site and Employment news paper as well.

With 11th standard qualification you can't apply for CPT Entrance Examination. So, I suggest you to apply for 12th standarfd, After completing 12th standard you surely eligible for CPT Entrance Examination.

All The Best~
15th October 2014, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

I am in 12 right now can i give cpt exam which is to be held on 14 december ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?