16th September 2011, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I give UPSC exam after studying in KSOU which is UGC and DEC approved university?

i am studying in ksou(karnataka state open university). it is a UGC & DEC approved university. so, can I give the upsc(union public civil services) exam? pls. give me this ans.

17th September 2011, 09:40 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give UPSC exam after studying in KSOU which is UGC and DEC approved university?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am studying in ksou(karnataka state open university). it is a UGC & DEC approved university. so, can I give the upsc(union public civil services) exam? pls. give me this ans.
Yes, you are eligible to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination.

If you University was Approved by UGC then definitely you are eligible to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination, this examination was Conducted by UPSC Comission every year and Candidates may fill the application form Online By visit the Official website.

The examination was Held Every year, The Notification of this examination was Published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC website.

To apply for this examination you must have completed your Graduation degree course in any discipline form a recognised university.

So, If you have completed your graduation degree course OR you are Pursuing your Final year Graduate degree course, then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, But for this your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

>> The Next year UPSC Civil services examination dates are already availiable in the UPSC website, So please check the UPSC website for Complete Details.

The Notification of UPSC Civil services examination 2012 was Going to be Published on 04/Feb/2012, And the last date of apply for this examination was 05/March/2012 And the examination was Going to be Held on 20/May/2012.

>> So, If you are Interested and Fulfill the Eligiblity Criteria, then please apply for this examination next year and for more details please check the UPSC website -

http://upsc.gov.in
17th September 2011, 11:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give UPSC exam after studying in KSOU which is UGC and DEC approved university?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear friend,

If your degree is UGC approved then you are eligible for GOVT and CENTRAL GOVT exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for UPSC exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3 years and for SC/ST candiadte is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

For more details you can visit to UPSC own website.

Thanks
17th September 2011, 12:44 PM
praveendia

yes ur eligible but u have to met the other requirement also.means graduate age etc.
17th September 2011, 12:59 PM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

my dear friend
UPSC Conducts Exams for Various Posts in Central Govornment. UPSC gives prescribed syllabus for various competative examination conducted by them.Indian Civil services Examination conducted by UPSC for the following posts :

(i) Indian Administrative Service.

(ii) Indian Foreign Service.

(iii) Indian Police Service.

(iv) Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group 'A'.

(v) Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group 'A'.

(vi) Indian Customs and Central Excise Services Group 'A'

(vii) Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group 'A'.

(viii) Indian Revenue Service, Group 'A'.

(ix) Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group 'A' (Assistant Works Manager, Non- technical).

(x) Indian Postal Service, Group 'A'.

(xi) Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group 'A'.

(xii) Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group 'A'.

(xiii) Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group 'A'.

(xiv) Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group 'A'.

(xv) Posts of Assistant Security Officer, Group 'A' in Railway Protection Force.

(xvi) Indian Defence Estates Service, Group 'A'.

(xvii) Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group 'A'.

(xviii) Indian Trade Services Group 'A', Grade III

(xix) Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group 'B' (Section Officer's Grade)

(xx) The Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group 'B'

(xxi) The Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group 'B'
17th September 2011, 01:01 PM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

my dear friend
UPSC Conducts Exams for Various Posts in Central Govornment. UPSC gives prescribed syllabus for various competative examination conducted by them.Indian Civil services Examination conducted by UPSC for the following posts :

(i) Indian Administrative Service.

(ii) Indian Foreign Service.

(iii) Indian Police Service.

(iv) Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group 'A'.

(v) Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group 'A'.

(vi) Indian Customs and Central Excise Services Group 'A'

(vii) Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group 'A'.

(viii) Indian Revenue Service, Group 'A'.

(ix) Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group 'A' (Assistant Works Manager, Non- technical).

(x) Indian Postal Service, Group 'A'.

(xi) Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group 'A'.

(xii) Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group 'A'.

(xiii) Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group 'A'.

(xiv) Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group 'A'.

(xv) Posts of Assistant Security Officer, Group 'A' in Railway Protection Force.

(xvi) Indian Defence Estates Service, Group 'A'.

(xvii) Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group 'A'.

(xviii) Indian Trade Services Group 'A', Grade III

(xix) Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group 'B' (Section Officer's Grade)

(xx) The Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group 'B'

(xxi) The Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group 'B'
30th September 2011, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

ksou degree certificate is accepted for upsc exams
7th January 2012, 02:36 PM
chiknichameli

The Notification of this examination was Published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC website.

To apply for this examination you must have completed your Graduation degree course in any discipline form a recognised university.

So, If you have completed your graduation degree course OR you are Pursuing your Final year Graduate degree course, then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, But for this your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.The Next year UPSC Civil services examination dates are already availiable in the UPSC website, So please check the UPSC website for Complete Details.The Notification of UPSC Civil services examination 2012 was Going to be Published on 04/Feb/2012, And the last date of apply for this examination was 05/March/2012 And the examination was Going to be Held on 20/May/2012.
13th April 2012, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

AS I had complete my rashtrabasha praveena degree from dakshina bharat Hindu prachar sabha,madras am I eligible for upscale civil.services exam
26th May 2012, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I give UPSC exam after studying in cvru which is UGC and DEC approved university?
17th June 2012, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Is Eastern institute for integrated learning in management university sikkim UGC approved university.plz reply on [email protected]
11th May 2013, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

can i give upsc exam after doing graduation from TNOU which is dec approved
28th August 2013, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Is ksou distance degree accepted in defence?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?