4th August 2012, 03:15 PM
Mahammad suhail

Can I go for MCA after completing BBM?

After completing BBM can i go for MCA?....please tell me the details

9th August 2012, 03:53 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I go for MCA after completing BBM?

You can pursue MCA only if you have studied mathematics as a subject in XII class. Those who have studied mathematics as a subject in graduation are also eligible. Admission is offered on the basis of entrance exams. Entrance exams are conducted at all India Basis or by the concerned institute. Application for attending entrance exams can be forwarded via the official portal.
9th August 2012, 07:32 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Although I would recommend that you go for MBA but yes MCA is a possibility after completing BBA course but only if you Mathematics was one of your subjects in Class 12th. In this case you can get admission for Masters in Computer Applications, otherwise I would recommend you go for Masters of Business Administration course.

Doing MCA would divert you from management study which you have done so far. Since BBA is management related course while MCA is computer related course. Your motive behind shifting to other field should be valid. Only if you are interested in computer application, you should go for the MCA course else MBA is also very good option. What I am trying to say is I hope you are not thinking that MCA would mean better jobs, which obviously is not true. MBA would also give you good opportunities.

MCA is 3 years long post gradution course related to computer applications where you would specialize in:

Networking

Application Software

Programming Language

Trouble Shooting

Hardware Technology

System Management

Eligibility:

You should have Maths as one of the subjects in 12th or graduation course.

Must have completed graduation course from a recognised university.

You should score at least 60 percent marks in graduation course. Some colleges may require 50 percent marks to give admission.

There are several entrance exams for the Masters of Computer Applications course. Several universities conduct their own entrance exam. You will have to appear in any of the entrance exam to get admission.

Jobs:

After completing MCA you would be eligible for jobs in MNC compaines in Information Technology field. However you would have to score at least 60 percent marks to get job in good IT company. You would be able to apply for jobs like:

Database management

System Analyser

Software Engineer

Web Designer

System Analyser

Alternatively you also have the option to appear in NET exam to apply for lecturer job in central government colleges.

MCA Colleges:

National Institute of Technology (Calicut)

Indira Gandhi National Open University

Delhi University

Birla Institute of Technology and Science

Mahatma Gandhi University

MN National Institute of Technology (Allahabad)

Vellore Institute Of Technology
9th August 2012, 08:16 PM
internet 1

you elegible for MCA if you pass math hons under any recocnize university or you pass BCA.
some college want to 60/50% marks in graduation .

some govt MCA college........
1.burdwan university
2.kallani university
3.jadavpur university
4. vidyasagar university
9th August 2012, 08:53 PM
puppala ravi

of course you can do MCA after completing your BBM course.for that what you have do is to apply for ICET exam.so that you can go for MCA.
*All the best*
13th August 2012, 03:21 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

Yes, Off Course you can join MCA

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application

Eligibility for MCA:

=> A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree with minimum 55% from recognise universities.

=> With Mathematics subject

=> Generally Age limit should Not exist 30 years relaxation available for OBC and SC/ST category.

All the best
16th May 2013, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

Can we join MCA after completing b.com
11th June 2013, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

i am interested in army,how can join indian army?
Please give correct suggestion.
6th December 2013, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Done my 2nd pu commerce with computer science and done bbm will i able to do mca
6th December 2013, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Wat to do after bcom
10th June 2015, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

I am intrested in computers but my parents want me to do bbm. Can i switch to computer side after bbm? If so can you please tell me the options regarding it? I have done my 2 im mpc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?