8th January 2012, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I join any MBA institute with less than 60% in 12th?

i've been told that having less than 60% marks in 12th makes you un-eligible to get into any MBA institute. Is that right? PLz help.

3rd February 2012, 12:41 PM
top answer

Default Re: Can I join any MBA institute with less than 60% in 12th?

Hi there!
>>To study MBA in India,you have to qualify the entrance examinations like CAT/MAT/XAT etc.
>>CAT examination is meant for the admission into the 13 IIMs(Indian institute of management) have the folleowing criteria:
-You should have the minimum of 50% of marks in your graduation from a government recognized university.
-You must be an Indian citizen.
>>The pupils fulfilling the minimum criteria may not be considered for the shortlisting for IIMs.
>>Any other MBA entrance examinations does not have any kind of mark criteria.
Quote:
You should not bother at all whether you have 60% of marks in your 12th or not for studying MBA
All the best
4th February 2012, 09:54 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i've been told that having less than 60% marks in 12th makes you un-eligible to get into any MBA institute. Is that right? PLz help.
Don't worry if you are secure less than 60% aggregate marks in your 12th examination.It is not matter and they only consider graduation course not 12th examination marks.So try Score more marks in your graduation.

MBA Stands for Master of Business Administration and the course is divided into four semesters.The duration of course is 2 hrs.

MBA consist of lot Specialization like Finance,Human Resource,Marketing,Accounting,Banking,Hospitality, Tourism,Rural Management,Information Technology.....etc.

Eligibility for MBA course :-

The aspirant need to completed graduate degree in any desire subject from a recognized University or equivalent qualification with 50-60% aggregate marks in their examination and 55% or 45% relaxation is given to the reserved categories.
Candidates who are pursing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to appear for entrance examination.

MBA entrance examinations :-

-CAT
-MAT
-XAT
-TANCET...etc.

CAT means Common Admission Test and this examination is conducted by IIM(Indian Institutes of Management)Once in a year.

Eligibility for CAT :-

The candidate should be completed graduate degree with 50% aggregate(45% aggregate marks for SC/ST/DA categories) of a recognized University or equivalent qualification and those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply.

MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test and this examination is conducted by AIMA(All India Management Association) four time in a year.

Eligibility for MAT :-

The candidate should be completed graduate degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and final year candidates are eligible to apply.

So,keep it in your mind these things.
4th February 2012, 11:35 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

There are so many exams for MBA exam .12 th standard marks is not required for MBA entrance exam.If you have completed graduation degree with above 50% marks then you are applicable for MBA course.

The details of the MBA exam are given below-

MBA course is two types one is full time course another is part time course.Full time course duration is 2years and part time course duration is above 3 years.

If you have completed your graduation degree with above 50% marks then you are applicable for course but your degree must be recognized.The marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST category.

There is no age criteria so any body can apply here in any time.Final year student are also applicable for this course.

But you must score in CAT or MAT exam.The other MBA entrance exams are given below-

1.CMAT : Calibre Management Aptitude Test

2. EMAT : Electronic Management Aptitude Test

3.FSM Entrance : FORE School of Management

4.IBSAT : ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test

5.IGNOU OPENMAT : Indira Gandhi National Open University OPEN Management Admission Test

6.IPMG : Institute of Petroleum Management

7. IMDR : Institute of Management Development and Research

8.IMI PGDM : International Management Institute

9. GMAT : Graduate Management Admission Test

10.EMPI : Entrepreneurship & Management Process International Business

11.FMS Entrance Test : Faculty of Management Studies Entrance Test

12.JEMAT : Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test

13.NIBM : National Institute of Bank Management

14.SNAP : Symbiosis National Aptitude Test

15.ATMA : AIMS Test for Management Admissions

16. AIMT : Army Institute of Management & Technology Entrance Exam etc.......

17: XLRI XAT : XLRI Jamshedpur School of Management XAT

MBA SPECIALIZATION

The top most three specialization are 1) Finance 2)Marketing 3)HR

All of these specialization are highly priority.Salary is vary from college by college.

So you can choose above three specialization.

The other MBA specialization are-

MBA in Consulting

MBA in Communications

MBA in Entrepreneurship

MBA in International Business

MBA in Operations

MBA in Pharma

MBA in Real Estate

MBA in Systems

MBA in Media Management

MBA in Criminal Justice

MBA in Engineering

MBA in Banking

MBA in Hospitality and Tourism

The best MBA college name in India are also given below-

Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad

Indian Institute of Management Bangalore

Indian Institute of Management Calcutta

Indian Institute of Management Lucknow

Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode

Indian Institute of Management Indore

XLRI Management Institute Jamshedpur

IIFT – Indian Institute of Foreign Trad

FMS – Faculty of Management Studies
4th February 2012, 11:43 AM
prafvik

Its totally wrong that after scoring less than 60% you cant get admission to MBA.

Yes the minimum percent in 12th required is 50% to get into MBA.

They considers your degree percentage as well as entrance score to get into MBA.
4th February 2012, 11:47 AM
prafvik

Thumbs up Re: Can I join any MBA institute with less than 60% in 12th?

Its totally wrong that after scoring less than 60% you cant get admission to MBA.

Yes the minimum percent in 12th required is 50% to get into MBA.

They considers your degree percentage as well as entrance score to get into MBA.
4th February 2012, 11:55 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

The percentage of marks secured in 12th standard have no relevance for admission to MBA course.

MBA-MASTER IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION for admission to this course you have to crack entrance exam like CAT/MAT/XAT etc.

MBA is a two years full time course. For admission to the top MBA colleges under IIM, you have to appear and crack CAT(Common Admission Test) conducted by Indian Institute of Management or MAT(Management Aptitude Test) conducted by AIMA(All India Management Association)

The eligible candidate should have completed graduation degree from any stream with at least 50% marks from a recognised University.

For more information you may log on to official web site of IIM i.e.www.catiim.nic.in
4th February 2012, 02:34 PM
adlsm

>>To study MBA in India,you have to qualify the entrance examinations like CAT/MAT/XAT etc.
>>CAT examination is meant for the admission into the 13 IIMs(Indian institute of management) have the folleowing criteria:
-You should have the minimum of 50% of marks in your graduation from a government recognized university.
-You must be an Indian citizen.

so u r eligible..congrats
4th February 2012, 05:42 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you can join in MBA institution with having less than 60% aggregate in graduation..

To get admission in MBA institutes you have to appear in entrance exams like-
CAT/MAT/XAT etc..

Eligibility for MBA entrance exams:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation at least..

2.For CAT exam:-- Candidate has to secure 50% aggregate in graduation.
For other exams:-- No such percentage criteria is required..

3.No upper age limit, and no number of attempt restriction..

So, if you have secured more than 50% aggregate then you can apply for all the entrance exams..

All the best.
10th February 2012, 05:55 AM
unagi

hi.........
The entrance exam for MBA should be cleared (CAT,GMAAT etc)........
minimum qualification is graduation...
the syllabus includes verbal and mathematical ability,critical reasoning etc.......
CAT exam will be for every one year......
GMAT it is an online exam...
hence you can book a slot based on your convenience.......
all the best.......
16th April 2012, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

i an student engg n i have less than 60% marks in 12, if go for mba then will i be able 2 sit in the mba campus at that time due to my 12 %
16th April 2012, 07:42 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No this is totally wrong. You have a big misconception about the details. Look here:

MBA DETAILS

Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualification:

Should have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

10th or 12th marks are not required at all.

No age limit. You can do it any age after your graduation.

Entrance exam:

CAT: Need at least 50% in graduation to give the exam. And also have to score minimum 90% to get admission in IIMs (IIMs are considered as the best MBA colleges in India)

MAT(Management Aptitude Test by AIMA): A pass in graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

XAT(MBA Entrance Test by XLRI Jamshedpur)

JMET(Joint Management Entrance Test by IITs)

SNAP[Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP)]

Top MBA colleges:

Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad

Indian Institute of Management Bangalore

Indian Institute of Management Calcutta

Indian Institute of Management Lucknow

Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode

Indian Institute of Management Indore

XLRI Management Institute Jamshedpur

Indus Business Academy -IBA Bangalore

FMS – Faculty of Management Studies

NMIMS – Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies
21st August 2012, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

hii i am btech (cse ) 2011 and right now working as a software developer . i want to prepare for cat

my academic background

10th class :-78.7
12th class:- 54.4
BTECH (CSE):- 76.2

and i have more than 1 years experience

extra activity:- To Represent N.E. RAILWAYS AT STATE AND NATIONAL LEVEL AND GOT STATE AWARD AND RASHTRAPATI AWARD.

can u tell me if i secure more than 90% in CAT then my 12 th marks is consider or not?
31st August 2012, 06:48 PM
shadab879

Yes. Ofcourse you can join MBA college after your graduation. For joining MBA college you have to clear CAT/XAT/MAT etc. The minimum marks required for MBA is 50% in graduation in any stream froam a UGC recognised university. So you do not have to worry about your 12th marks. Just concentrate on your graduation. Best of luck
1st September 2012, 12:43 AM
itsme.abhishek2012

Hi dear,

Don't worry if you are secure less than 60% aggregate marks in your 12th examination.It is not matter and they only consider graduation course not 12th examination marks.So try Score more marks in your graduation.

MBA Stands for Master of Business Administration and the course is divided into four semesters.The duration of course is 2 hrs.

MBA consist of lot Specialization like Finance,Human Resource,Marketing,Accounting,Banking,Hospitality, Tourism,Rural Management,Information Technology.....etc.

Eligibility for MBA course :-

The aspirant need to completed graduate degree in any desire subject from a recognized University or equivalent qualification with 50-60% aggregate marks in their examination and 55% or 45% relaxation is given to the reserved categories.
Candidates who are pursing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to appear for entrance examination.

MBA entrance examinations :-

-CAT
-MAT
-XAT
-TANCET...etc.

CAT means Common Admission Test and this examination is conducted by IIM(Indian Institutes of Management)Once in a year.

Eligibility for CAT :-

The candidate should be completed graduate degree with 50% aggregate(45% aggregate marks for SC/ST/DA categories) of a recognized University or equivalent qualification and those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply.

MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test and this examination is conducted by AIMA(All India Management Association) four time in a year.

Eligibility for MAT :-

The candidate should be completed graduate degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and final year candidates are eligible to apply.

So,keep it in your mind these things.
Thanks
16th October 2013, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

I scored 56%in graduation ,so which top colleges give admissionin MBA to me after qualified the cat exam
3rd January 2014, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Hi ,due to my personal reason i cudnt score in 12th and which is less that 50 % but i have scored well in graduation above 60 % andevn post grad 60 % from reputed indian institute .I have relevant work exp above 5 yrs .I m thinking to pursue MBA and executive part time from reputed B schools or institutes providing MBA .But I fear if i cn do coz of my lack of % in 12 th .plz help direct me .
7th August 2014, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

my name ashokj and my academic record id 10th 82.3% and xii is 56.6 and b.tech cse is82.3 i will fet defenetly 92 above in cat surely can i get admission in main IIM banglore or iim ahmadabad or iim calcutt ols tell me brooooooooo
7th August 2014, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

my name is akash kumar my x is82.3 and my xii is 56.6 and my b.tech(cse) is 82.3 (but iam stopped my study in 2nd year due to health problem iam detained two years but i got 82.3 percentaage and sem topper in college) my job experience is in TCS16 months i will get defenetly inb cat94 above can i get admission in IIMA or IIM b or IIM C brother tell me plsssssssssss
29th October 2020, 02:09 AM
Unregistered

My 10th percentage was 57 and 12th 56 should I'm get admission in MBA colleges
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?