9th June 2010, 05:52 PM
Ramneek Dhillon

Should I drop after 12th if I didn't fare well in the engineering entrance exams or should I join some college and continue my preparations there?

Should I drop after 12th? I did not do good in my engineering entrance exams. This was bcoz. the institute I joined could not provide good teachers . It was the most popular institute but it was not good . It concentrated on top rankers. But still I worked very hard. I knew only some part of the syllabus before my exam : physical chem. of 12th , physics and maths of 12th . Still I think that I did well with this little syllabus I knew. My AIEEE all india rank is 55000 and state rank 1545. I dont know what to do. Should I repeat or join whatever college I get in . I am a hard working girl interested in practical work and inventions. OR should I join a college and continue my preparation for competition exams and try again next year. I am planning to do B.tech. in computers and then M.tech. or MBA . Please answer accordingly. THANKS.........

Related Questions:
  1. Should I take a drop after 12th if I didn't perform well in engineering entrance exams this year?
  2. When is the entrance test for distance course? If there is no entrance test then which are the colleges that consider direct admissions?
  3. Should I drop a year for engineering preparation of join some BSc college?
  4. Should I drop a year to continue 12th if dropped out in 1st term examination of 12th CBSE?
  5. How to become an Aeronautical Engineer?
  6. Books to be referred for class 12th? How should I prepare for NEET entrance exam?
  7. Subjects which I should opt in 11th and 12th to take up Genetic Engineering? Which entrance exams to give?
  8. Should I take admission in BSc or drop a year to prepare for entrance exams next year? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Should I take a drop after 12th for IIT JEE preparations?
  10. Books for class 12th for preparation of Board exam?
  11. How to get admission in St Xaviers after scoring 90%?
  12. Am I eligible for admission in Engineering having gap of one year between 12th and B.Sc? Which type of engineering can I do and which type of entrance exam to give? -- [New]
  13. What is the procedure for admission in B.Tech?
  14. What should I do for readmission in my current school?
  15. How to take admission in Aeronautical Engineering?
  16. Best engineering colleges in South India? Is it possible to join Aeronautical Engineering College without answering any entrance exam?
  17. How can I get admission for 2016 session in IIT?
  18. Should I drop my engineering after 3rd sem and join B.Sc program as my future aim is to do MBBS? Can I get admission in MBBS after doing B.Sc as I do not have biology in 12th?
28th May 2011, 12:59 PM
Harsh955

Default Re: Should I drop after 12th if I didn't fare well in the engineering entrance exams or should I join some college and continue my preparations there?

Well u can take drop but if u have covered less syllabus i would advise u to not to take risk. U should take partial drop i.e. u should take a appropriate college then try preparing for next year so that u can be on safer side and you would have less pressure for next year.
28th May 2011, 02:39 PM
vir1210

Default Re: Should I drop after 12th if I didn't fare well in the engineering entrance exams or should I join some college and continue my preparations there?

u should not lose hope . definetely u should try other college & prepare 4 the same. Best of luck.
8th June 2011, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

i got 58 percent in class xii and my aieee rank is 12000.what u suggest to drop or take admission in local colleges?
13th June 2012, 04:40 AM
Unregistered

hi i didn't perform well in engineering entrance exam this year n i got all india 495025 rank i didn't join any coaching and studied by myself only actually i got less mrks bcoz of negative mrking i ws hving less knowledge about it should i take a drop n join a nice coaching n prepare myself well n give exam next time.i wnt to be software eng n i think placements in good company also depends on gud college.THANKS
22nd June 2013, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

i have scored 88.4% in mpboard 12th but got less marks in mppet i.e.77. should i take drop or what to do? please suggest me something. your guidence will be very helpful for me. thank you.
vani parashar
23rd June 2013, 02:21 AM
rhiayrash

Its depends on you.If you are confident that next time you will score good marks in AIEEE then you should take a risk and ask your parents.And if you don't have confidence then don't take risk and go on for B.TECH.If you have get good score in any other entrance exam and if you are getting good college on the basis of that then you shouldn't take drop.It will waste your one year.There is nothing about to worry.Now on words just do hard work.If you have good knowledge then no one will stop from success whether you have done your engineering from good college or from bad college.Its all depends on you.I think you should take admission in college which you are getting and start new journey with full hard work and smart work.
25th March 2014, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

i have given my board exams this year. i am thinking to drop this year and prepare well for medical entrance exam 2015 . is my decision correct?
24th May 2014, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

my jee mains score is 49 out of 360 and i am expecting around 90-93% in class 12 th .should i drop 1 year after class 12 th and continue my preparations to get any iits and nits would there be any problem in campus placements
27th May 2015, 02:13 AM
Unregistered

i have just passed my 12th board exams with 92% (isc) i am confused whether i should drop a year for medical preparations or not? If i dont get through enterance exams will it be a problem in get bsc in any good college?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?