12th April 2018, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army after failing in 12th Science?

Respected Sir, I am a student of 12th standard with Science stream. I want to join Indian Army. I have given my Board exam of 12th standard but I am afraid of failing in this Board exam because I didn't prepare well. So, if I fail in Indian Army then I can still eligible to join Indian Army?

14th April 2018, 08:54 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army after failing in 12th Science?

Sorry, to say that you are not eligible to join Indian Army after failing in 12th standard Science stream. To be eligible to join Indian Army, you have to appear in UPSC NDA examination. Only unmarried male candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board are eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Army. So, if you qualify your 12th standard, then only you are eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Army.
14th April 2018, 02:35 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Army through NDA examination.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy. It is an entrance examination in India which organised and conducted by the UPSC every year to recruit candidates for various wings of the Indian Defense them wings:

Indian Army

Indian Navy

Indian Air Force.

After failing in 12th class you are not eligible for NDA because 12th is compulsory for NDA. Only after completion of 12th you can go for NDA.
14th April 2018, 07:28 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Being a Class 12th failed candidate you can join Indian Army as tradesmen only as other entries such as for the post of clerk, commission officer, etc. the minimum education required is a higher secondary school degree from a recognized board of education.

Further for your entry as a tradesman your age need to lie within 17 years to 23.5 years. Also, recruitment process of such entries includes the recruitment rally followed by Common entrance examination.

For details regarding different entries in Indian Army along with its eligibility criteria, you can refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
14th April 2018, 08:00 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The best opportunity at senior secondary level to join Indian Army at 12th level is through National Defence Academy entrance exam.

The eligibility criteria for NDA entrance exam:

1. Candidate must have passed in all subjects of 12th. Board appearing candidates can apply.

Suppose if you will fail then you will be ineligible to join Indian Army through NDA exam.

2. The age criteria is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

You will have to reappear for board exam to become eligible for NDA exam or other exams or course after 12th.
14th April 2018, 09:47 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

This is not possible at all.

Any candidate who fails in 12th can not join Indian Army through any entrance exam for which minimum qualification required is 12th.

You can join Army at lower posts on 10th basis.
15th April 2018, 09:12 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not join Indian Army after failing in 12th board examination. The academic eligibility criteria for NDA exam is that candidate must have passed 12th board examination. To be eligible for Navy and Air Force, he must have studied Physics and Mathematics.

If you fail then you can either apply for compartment examination or again regular examination to secure passing marks in 12th and become eligible for NDA/NA examination conducted by UPSC. The age criteria for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years.
15th April 2018, 02:08 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Indian Army is the backbone of Indian Defence.

There are various entrance exams conducted at 10th level for driver, tailor, cobbler etc, NDA exam at 12th level, CDS at bachelor's degree level.

After failing in 12th, you can apply for exams whose minimum academic qualification requirement is 10th board.
7th July 2019, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

I am fail puc in maths subject but I have to join India army sooo how can I joine , this is my contact number if know you now eny thing plz tell me 9632827425
18th September 2019, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

I am 12th failed science I want to become a paracommando anyone cani join army?(frm krla
13th October 2019, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

I am 12th fail but me join the india army.can I help me?
30th September 2020, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Sir ." After I failed in one subjectb in 12th am I now eligible for join in Indian army .
23rd December 2020, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

I failed in 12th twice and now the course changed, what can I do now to pass. Can I give another re-exam or do I have to repeat 12th class. If you know plzzz... tell me on this no.9766005464. Or whatsapp no.7721807794
16th May 2023, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

I was fail this year in 12th boards but going to give exam next year .
So if i passed exam next year is there any chances to join Indian army as i am 12th repater ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?