9th September 2015, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Navy having less than 50% in PCM?

sir,i am passed 12th science with 49% with pcm and i am 21 years old. So explain me that Can i join the Indian navy or not?

9th September 2015, 04:02 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy having less than 50% in PCM?

Yes having secured less than 50% in your PCM at the higher secondary school level one is eligible for joining Indian Defense but his age must be less than 19 years.

So with your age being 21 years, for joining Indian Navy the only option with you is through CDS examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and the same examination is held By Union Public Service Commission twice every year in two stages which are called as Written examination and Service Selection Board Interview respectively.

CDS has four wings which are Naval Academy ( NA ), Indian Air force Academy ( AFA ), Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) and Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ).

To be eligible for appearing in the same examination for different wings the qualifications required are as below:-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

* Your age must not be less than 19 years for each wing but the upper age limit varies for different wings are as 22 years for NA, 23 years for IAF, 24 years for IMA and 25 years for OTA.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course or pursuing its final year with any discipline from a recognized university. But for NA & IAF your bachelor's degree must be with either of Physics or Mathematics or Engineering trade as your main subject.

For more details regarding the same examination you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
9th September 2015, 04:14 PM
warrior high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,i am passed 12th science with 49% with pcm and i am 21 years old. So explain me that Can i join the Indian navy or not?
to join in Indian Navy no minimum marks is needed,only needed a 12th standard from the recognized board with

the subject's physics/chemistry/mathematics to appear NDA entrance examination and after cracking NDA you can join in your

favourite wing Indian Navy.

***Your age should be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

***Must be an unmarried Indian male.

***Eye Sight must be normal eg 6''/6'' free from color blind & night blind.

***Height & weight must be normal minimum 157cms & 42kgs.
9th September 2015, 04:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have passed 12th standard with 50% with PCM and your age is 21 years old so as per age criteria you are not eligible for Indian Navy through NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
9th September 2015, 05:52 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

***after passing 12th grade you are eligible to join Indian navy force.to join the Indian navy you have to passed NDA examination.

***details for the NDA examination:::::::}

>>NDA exam eligibility :

--Naval Wings of National Defence Academy ::

::You have to passed 12th with chemistry, Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

>>Other requirements :

::You should be Citizen of India.
Only Unmarried Males are Eligible

::Age Should be between 16.5-19 Years.

**Exam Dates and Schedule
Tentative Schedule::::
(Examination held twice a year)

=>Notification of Examination Sept. - Oct. & May - June

=>Conduct of Examination March - April & Aug. - Sept...
9th September 2015, 05:53 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join the Indian Navy with the 12th educational qualification and age as 21 years old.

As to the Navy candidates need to qualify in the NDA or the CDS examination. For the NDA you have passed the maximum age limit as it is 19.5 years but for the CDS the required educational qualification is graduation.

So you have to complete the graduation course to appear in the CDS examination. The examination is conduced by the UPSC and the maximum age limit for it is 24 years.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in. Both the examination are conducted in the two stages and the candidates have to qualify in both of them for final selection.
9th September 2015, 06:07 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

no, sir it is impossible you must secure pass percentage (65%).
1) eligibility criteria :-
a) successful completion of 12th from any recognised university with more than 65%.
b) should be an indian citizen
c) age limit 16.5 - 19.5 years.

actually the selection is based on through two bases
1) written test
2) personal interview.

After the successful completion of entrance test with decent percentage , they select you on the basis of your performance and no of students participated in that current year ...

After that you will be called for an interview which will be held by the higher officials there , they will test your knowledge how are you are good at their expected quality from you.
9th September 2015, 07:11 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You will not be eligible to join Indian Navy having less than 50% in 12th exam and as per age criteria through NDA exam but you can join Indian Navy through CDS exam after having B.Tech./B.E. degree .

Eligibility criteria to join Navy through NDA exam are as mentioned below :-

- Nationality : Indian.

- Educational Qualification: 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics with at least 50% marks .

-Age limit : 16.5 years to 19 years.

The eligibility criteria for CDS exam to join Indian Navy are as under:-

- Nationality : Indian.

- Educational Qualification:Bachelor of Engineering.

-Age limit: 19 years to 22 years

-Selection Procedure:

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.

-Exam Pattern:

English – 100 marks

General Knowledge – 100 marks

Elementary mathematics – 100 marks
9th September 2015, 07:53 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

At 10+2 level, the only entrance exam through a candidate can join any wings of defense like Navy, Airforce or Army is through the National Defense Academy exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

In terms of academic qualification, you are eligible for the Indian Navy with 49% in PCM subjects but your age has exceeded the limits to apply for the exam that is 16.5-19.5 years for candidates of any category.

So, you can not join Indian Navy at 21 years on the basis of 10+2 qualification.
9th September 2015, 10:01 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

No.You are not eligible to join Indian Navy as per Age Limit Criteria.For NDA , Your age is more than 19 years which is out of criteria.For CDSE , If you apply for Engineering , then it will take more 4 years to be completed & your age will be more than 24 years at the time of completion of engineering.

Selection

Sailor Level
- Written Test
- Physical Test
- Medical Test
- Merit test

Officer Level

Through NDA
- NDA Exam
- Interview
Through CDSE
- CDSE Written Test
- SSB Interview

Eligibility

Sailor
- You must have Qualification of 10th Class.
- Your age must be between 17 to 21 years of the examination year.

Officer

Through NDA
- You must have passed/appearing (10+2) with PCM as a main subjects from recognized board.
- Your age must be between 16.5 to 19 years of the examination year.

Through CDSE
- You must have passed Engineering from recognized university.
- Your age must be between 19 to 24 years of the examination year.

CDSE Exam

Exam Pattern
- English : 120 Questions , 100 Marks (2 Hours)
- General Knowledge : 120 Questions , 100 Marks (2 hours)
- Maths : 100 Questions , 100 Marks (2 Hours)

Important Dates
- Starting Online Application : 25/07/2015
- Last Date to Apply : 14/07/2015
- CDSE Exam : 01/11/2015
9th September 2015, 11:40 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy at the age of 21 years after passed 12th class with PCM.

Because the age limit for apply Indian Navy through NDA exam is 16.5 years to 19 years.

Eligibility criteria for Indian Navy wings through NDA Exam:-

Only unmarried Indian Male candidate are eligible to apply this exam.

Candidate must have completed 10+2 with PCM subjects from a recognized board.

There is no minimum marks required for NDA Examination .

Candidate age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

There is No age relaxation for reserved categories in this exam.
10th September 2015, 01:46 AM
JSD.

It is sorry to say you that you can not go for the Indian Navy with this much qualifications and age.One can go to the Indian Navy , either by
NDA entrance exam.
Or
CDS exam.

The age limit for NDA exam is from 16.5 years to 19 years.

The age limit for the CDS exam for naval academy is from 19 years to 22 years.Also there is requirement of graduation degree in science stream or in engineering stream.

As you are now 21 year so if you will go for the BSc then it will take 3 years or you go for the B.E/B.tech course then it will take 4 years.ultimately you will cross the age limit.
9th July 2020, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have passed 12th with 62per marks but my marks in only maths is less than 50 can I apply for navy and Air Force
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?