25th July 2012, 09:43 AM
sudhakarjammuladinne

Can I join Law course after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering? What is the maximum age limit for this?

Do i have any option to study "LAW" after completing diploma in civil engineering and that to upto what age can i do "LAW", if it is possible.

Related Questions:
8th October 2012, 07:46 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Law course after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering? What is the maximum age limit for this?

Unfortunately it is not possible because diploma course is not considered equal to either 12th or graduation. In order to apply for law course you need to have completed either 12th or graduation.

Therefore presently it is impossible for you to seek admission in LLB or BA LLB. However you surely can get admission for Engineering. Since you have completed diploma course, you are eligible for admission in B.Tech through the lateral entry.

If you have scored 60 percent marks in diploma, it is possible for you to seek direct admission in the second year of B.Tech. Some colleges do not offer direct admission and you will have to appear for entrance exam called LEET.

I think this is the best option for you at the moment. You surely can pursue LLB after completing B.Tech although it is not recommended. It would be better to find a job, particularly in a Public Sector Undertakings.

However if you want you can still take admission for LLB after completing B.Tech. Here are the details:

Eligibility

1. A graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

2. At least 45 percent marks in graduation course.

3. SC/ST candidates need 40 percent marks in graduation.

4. The age limit to apply for LLB is 30 years.

5. Age limit is extended by 5 years for SC/ST.
8th October 2012, 08:27 PM
bhaskar51

Default Re: Can I join Law course after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering? What is the maximum age limit for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhakarjammuladinne View Post
Do i have any option to study "LAW" after completing diploma in civil engineering and that to upto what age can i do "LAW", if it is possible.
1. Undergraduate Degree
While law schools generally don't require any specific undergraduate degree, you will be required to have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Most schools require an official undergraduate transcript as proof of your degree.

2. LSAT Score
Law schools desired LSAT score ranges vary, but one thing is for sure: you will have to take the LSAT in order to be accepted to law school. Depending on what time of year you apply, there may be a particular LSAT administration that a school recommends, so you may want to check on that.

Also, if you're not sure how your target law school handles multiple LSAT scores, be sure to ask the admissions office for clarification.

3. Personal Statement
The vast majority of ABA-accredited law schools will require you to submit a personal statement with your application; there are exceptions, but in any event, it's in your best interest to take advantage of this opportunity to "speak" to the admissions committee about your personality or other characteristics that don't come through your application otherwise and that can help convince them that you are a qualified candidate.

4. Recommendations
Again, most ABA-accredited law schools require at least one recommendation, but there are some schools who don't require any. That said, recommendations usually help rather than a hurt an application, so if you can get a great one from someone you respect, go for it even if it's not technically required.

5. Other Types of Essays
Essays such as diversity statements are generally not required of candidates, but you are highly advised to submit them if you qualify for writing one. Keep in mind that diversity isn't necessarily limited to race or ethnicity either -- for example, if you are the first person in your family who will attend graduate school and you put yourself through undergrad financially, you might consider writing a diversity statement.
8th October 2012, 09:37 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
You can not join law course after diplom.
You must be passed 12th standarad or graduation.

Eligibility:-
>you must be graduate from a recognized university with 45%.
40% for sc/st candidate.
Maximum age is 30 years.
5 years age relaxation is for sc/st student.
Your choice is good.
Best of luck for your future
4th December 2012, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Can i jain Law after comoletion of civil engg?????What is the duration & syllabus???????
15th April 2014, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

l am 10th and diploma in information technology i would like joing five year babl couse it is possible
help my.
23rd July 2014, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

hai im ravi i completed my diploma with 71% now i join btech i want do law there is any choice
31st May 2015, 12:30 PM
Mohit.Bansal

yes, you can get into Law Course after Diploma in Civil Engineering. as Diploma is considered equivalent to 12th. you can go into Law course through U.G. Programme. for that you have to write CLAT(Common Law Admission Test).
Educational Qualification:
For U.G. Programme you should have obtained Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from a recognized Board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC and ST candidates), as prescribed by the respective Statutes of the participating Universities.

Age: For U.G. Programme you should be below 20 years of age as on 1st July, 2015 (22 years in case of SC/ST and Persons with Disability candidates, as prescribed by the respective Statutes of the participating Universities.

the duration of the course is of 5 years.

Best Of Luck
24th October 2015, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

if Diploma mechanical Engg. qualified person can do law if the age is 30
3rd April 2017, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Hi.I'm completed aeronautical engineering now..please send me the duration of law course. Is there any 6 months law course available for me?
23rd August 2021, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

I am 65 years old and passed BSc. with 42%. Can I take a take admission fir LLB 3years Degree regular course.
14th March 2022, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Diploma civil complete, age 24 ,qualified or not?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?