14th July 2018, 04:05 AM
Gufran565

Can I join Merchant Navy being a 26 years Diploma Fire and Safety Engineer?

Hello friends, I am 26 years of age and I have done Diploma in Fire and Safety Engineering. I have also done ITI-Mechanical. Now, I want to join Merchant Navy. So, with this qualification I can join Merchant Navy or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join merchant navy after completed my three years diploma in mechanical engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completed my three years diploma in mechanical engineering?
  3. How to join Merchant Navy being a Diploma Electrical Engineer with 2 years of Power experience?
  4. How can I join Merchant Navy being Diploma engineer with 2 years work experience?
  5. Differences among Fire Engineering and Fire & Safety Engineering of Diploma course?
  6. How to join Merchant Navy after completing diploma course?
  7. Details of government jobs after B.Sc in fire and safety
  8. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  9. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  10. How can I get admission to study Fire and Safety Diploma course on 10th basis being an IT Diploma holder?
  11. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What to study after diploma in fire and safety, for a better future?
  13. How to join Merchant Navy after doing diploma in ECE?
  14. How to join Merchant Navy for Mechatronics Diploma student? Age limit to join?
  15. From where should I do Diploma in Mechanical having PG diploma in Fire & Safety?
  16. Best course to start up with Diploma in Fire & Safety crash course?
  17. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  18. How to study Safety related PG course, being a Safety Officer who has completed PG Diploma in Fire Engineering and Safety Management?
16th July 2018, 11:18 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy being a 26 years Diploma Fire and Safety Engineer?

As per my knowledge, you are eligible to join Merchant Navy being a 26 years Diploma Fire and Safety Engineer.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

=> Candidate should have passed diploma with at least 50% marks from a recognized university/College.

=> The age of candidate should not be greater than 28 years.
19th July 2018, 12:09 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy being a 26 years Diploma Fire and Safety Engineer?

No, you cannot join in merchant navy after 26 years.

The basic eligiblity required for joining in merchant navy are given below:

- The nationality of the candidate should be Indian
- The educational qualification required is a 10+2 or its equivalent education in PCM related subject with minimum 50% from any recognised board.
- The age limit should be between 17.5 - 25 years.
- The marital status should be unmarried.
- The eye should be clear.
- The candidate should be physically & mentally fit.

Since your age is more than the age limit you are not eligible for joining in merchant navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?