27th August 2016, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completed my three years diploma in mechanical engineering?

Hello Sir/Mam,

My self manoj kumar from bilaspur (himachal pardesh). I'm perusing a diploma in mechanical engineer.can i join merchant navy after completed my diploma.I'm a 22 years old. Can you please give me the information on the same?

Thanks!

Related Questions:
28th August 2016, 09:18 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completed my three years diploma in mechanical engineering?

You are eligible to join merchant navy after completion of your diploma course in mechanical engineering. After completion of your diploma, you have to go through a pre sea training program. Also you must be medically fit at the time of joining merchant navy. You must have good eye vision, body weight in proportion to height. Also you should have good communication skills. After successful completion of your pre sea training, you can join as Deck Cadets.
28th August 2016, 05:36 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completed my three years diploma in mechanical engineering?

Yes,you are eligible to apply for the Merchant Navy after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.you can get job in mainly two specialized fields,Nautical (Deck) and Marine engineering.

Following are some Courses to Join Merchant Navy:-

**3 month Pre-Sea Course in Deck rating.

**3 month Pre-Sea Course in Engine rating.

**4 month Pre-Sea Course in Saloon rating.
28th August 2016, 06:45 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to join Merchant Navy on the behalf of your diploma in Mechanical engineering.

Either you can join merchant navy after completing 10+2 with subjects combination of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English & Optional.

Or you can join it after completion of B.Tech degree in Mechanical trade.
You can also join the same field after completion of degree course in Nautical i.e. B.Sc in Nautical.

Other courses are also available for degree holders like in catering department, Maintenance etc.
28th August 2016, 07:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Mam,

My self manoj kumar from bilaspur (himachal pardesh). I'm perusing a diploma in mechanical engineer.can i join merchant navy after completed my diploma.I'm a 22 years old. Can you please give me the information on the same?

Thanks!
No, you are not eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.
28th August 2016, 10:18 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join merchant navy after diploma in mechanical engineering. The eligibility criteria to join merchant navy are as follows:

> You must score 50% in diploma (Mech/ELE/ECE).

> Your college must be approved by AICTE.

> Your age should not exceed the limit of 28 years.

The duration of the course will be 2 years, after the course you will appear for MEO class IV part A exam. Then after that you will have to do sea service of 6 months in which you will get a salary of about 500$-1000$ per month.

After 6 months you can apply for MEO class IV part B exam and obtain class 4 COC. After this you will get a salary of around Rs. 1,20,000- Rs. 1,50,000 per month.

If you work hard during your course then you will get highly paid.
29th August 2016, 12:03 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You just cannot join Merchant Navy after completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. You will however have to go for one year or a minimum of 6 months of training in any Marine Institute and only after completion of the course and clearing the examination, you will most eligible to apply for a job in Merchant Navy and continue on with your studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?