30th May 2015, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I join wood technology course after completion of B.Sc Botany?

CAN I JOIN WOOD TECHNOLOGY COURSES AFTER BSc BOTANY?
IS THER ANY JOB OPPURTUNITIES? Will that affect my career path or help to get me a good job? Can you please provide me the guidance on this soon as possible?

Thank you!

27th August 2017, 06:29 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Can I join wood technology course after completion of B.Sc Botany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CAN I JOIN WOOD TECHNOLOGY COURSES AFTER BSc BOTANY?
IS THER ANY JOB OPPURTUNITIES? Will that affect my career path or help to get me a good job? Can you please provide me the guidance on this soon as possible?

Thank you!

If you want to join wood technology course after completing your bachelors of science in botany degree, then M.SC wood science and technology course is best option for you. Here below are details regarding M.SC wood science and technology course:-

Eligibility Required:- Minimum qualification required to apply is bachelors in science stream from government recognized institute with minimum 60% marks.

Duration of M.SC Wood Science and Technology Course:- Duration of post graduation degree in wood science and technology course is 2 years.

Core Subjects For M.SC Wood Science and Technology:- Core subjects to be studied are Wood chemistry, Wood physics, Saw - milling and saw doctoring, Computer applications, Timber mechanics, Wood microbiology, Composite wood, Wood working, Wood finishing and wood seasoning, Wood prevention, Product design and fabrication etc.

Colleges Offer M.SC Wood Science and Technology Course:-

1). Kerala Agriculture University.(Thrissur).

2). Forest Research Institute.(Dehradun).
29th August 2017, 12:00 AM
manjira...

Default Re: Can I join wood technology course after completion of B.Sc Botany?

Yes you can apply for M.Sc in Wood Science & Technology after B.Sc in Botany.

The Wood Science and Technology program will prepare the candidates for aspects like Wood Utilization for Industries, Anatomical Structure, Woos Physics, Wood Chemistry, Timber Mechanics, Adhesives, Saw Milling, Seasoning, Plywood Particle & Fiber-board, Preservation Working & Finishing, Reconstituted Structural Timber, Wood Biodegradation, Processing & Use of Plantation Grown Wood. It is a 2 years post graduate course.

The eligibility criteria are-

Candidates should have graduation degree in a relevant subject from a recognized university.

The candidates should score a minimum of 60% marks in graduation level.

Some of the good colleges conducts entrance exam for admission in this master degree course.

Some of the reputed colleges are-

>>Kerala Agricultural University(KAU), Thrissur

>>Forest Research Institute(FRI), Dehradun.

After completing M.Sc in Wood Science and Technology you can get jobs in fields like-

>Timber market
>Wildlife Research Centers
>Plywood Markets
>Environment Monitoring Centers
>Educational Institiutes
>Wood Consultancy
>Forest Projects,etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?