30th December 2011, 12:06 PM
vivek kumar prasad

Can I prepare for IIT-JEE? I have passed 11th standard with commerce stream

sir i am student of don bosco college meghalaya sir i have passed 11th standard from commerce stream.sir can i prepare for iit exam
please reply on my email..

15th May 2012, 05:44 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I prepare for IIT-JEE? I have passed 11th standard with commerce stream

Hi

IIT JEE is the Indian Institute of Technology and this is the top Technical Institute chain in India.

Its full form is Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination.

This is basically an All India Level Examination which is organized and conducted by the IIT's themselves to select candidates for the various B.Tech courses in their college campuses in all 14 ones.

The Basic Eligibility Criteria to sit for the IIT JEE Entrance Exam are :-

1. You should be a minimum 12th pass from a recognized school or state board with at least 60% aggregate in it.

2. You should belong to the Science stream and that you must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.

3. It grants only 2 consecutive attempts. So you cannot apply more than these attempts.

Thus as you say that you are from the Commerce stream in Class 11, I am really sorry to say that you are no longer eligible for the II JEE.

This is as you are not from the Science stream. If you wanted to go for the IIT JEE then you must have chosen Science stream after class 12th.

Now there is only one way that you repeat your class 11th with this Science stream and 12th you continue with Science and after that only you can sit for the IIT JEE and all other Engineering Entrance Exams.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
15th May 2012, 05:48 PM
kinnarnara

Default Re: Can I prepare for IIT-JEE? I have passed 11th standard with commerce stream

SORRY DEAR;
you can not apply iit-jee exam
eligiblity for iit-jee exam;

12th standard with science stream.
60% in 12th.
only 2 consecutive attempts
all the best
15th May 2012, 06:11 PM
BIKARANT RAI

Default Re: Can I prepare for IIT-JEE? I have passed 11th standard with commerce stream

Can I prepare for IIT-JEE? I have passed 11th standard with commerce stream

Hi friends,

IIT JEE is the Indian Institute of Technology and this is the top Technical Institute chain in India.

Its full form is Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination.

This is basically an All India Level Examination which is organized and conducted by the IIT's themselves to select candidates for the various B.Tech courses in their college campuses in all 14 ones.

The Basic Eligibility Criteria to sit for the IIT JEE Entrance Exam are :-

1. You should be a minimum 12th pass from a recognized school or state board with at least 60% aggregate in it.

2. You should belong to the Science stream and that you must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.

3. It grants only 2 consecutive attempts. So you cannot apply more than these attempts.

Thus as you say that you are from the Commerce stream in Class 11, I am really sorry to say that you are no longer eligible for the II JEE.

This is as you are not from the Science stream. If you wanted to go for the IIT JEE then you must have chosen Science stream after class 12th.

Now there is only one way that you repeat your class 11th with this Science stream and 12th you continue with Science and after that only you can sit for the IIT JEE and all other Engineering Entrance Exams.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
bikarant rai
15th May 2012, 06:27 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IIT JEE - INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION is an entrance exam conducted by IIT for admission to under Graduate course in Engineering in various IITs through out India.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 60% marks from a recognised Board, is eligible to apply for IIT JEE.

You are now pursing in 11th Commerce and after 12th you are not eligible for IIT JEE. The only way to appear for IIT JEE is you should drop from 11th Commerce and admitted again to 11th Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Math and after 12th you are eligible to apply for IIT JEE if you fulfill the other eligibility criteria.
15th May 2012, 06:56 PM
jyotiprakash2108

Location: 91/3 pratap nagar, sanganer,Jaipur 302021,Rajasthan,India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek kumar prasad View Post
sir i am student of don bosco college meghalaya sir i have passed 11th standard from commerce stream.sir can i prepare for iit exam
please reply on my email..
hello
IIT stands for Indian institute of technology.
you have pass 11th class with the commerce stream.
sorry to say that you can note apply for IIT
because for IIT
candidate should be appear/complete 12th with science stream.
candidate should have passed with maths ,physics , chemistry subjects.
candidate should have 60% in 12th class.

you can apply for this exam if you repeat 11th class with science stream. and appear or complete 12th with science stream.
best of luck.
Thank you
15th May 2012, 09:32 PM
vivek patti

hello,

i am sorry to say that you are unable to prepaRE IIT AFTER 11 PASSED IN COMMERCE STREAM

for iit you must have two chance firsyt when you are in 12th and other one 1 year of drop after 12th in physics, chemistry,and maths subject.
15th May 2012, 11:57 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
you have completed your 12th standard examination with commerce stream
So I'm very sorry to say that you are not eligible for IIT JEE
Because the rule is you must have PCM in your 12th standard examination.
So you are not eligible for IIT JEE
16th May 2012, 12:23 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear...........
No, you are not eligible for this exam , the eligibility criteria for this exam are as follows....

Good luck........
1st December 2013, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

11th arts group if i want to become a fashion desinger
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?