9th December 2012, 12:05 AM

Can I pursue B.Tech in Biotechnology while studying 11th

Sir,I am studying in 11th.I have taken PCM group.Can I pursue B.Tech in Biotechnology without taking Biology? Please answer.

Related Questions:
9th December 2012, 10:07 AM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I pursue B.Tech in Biotechnology while studying 11th

Hi Guest,

You can study Biotechnology.

There will be two types of Biotechnology:

One is after completing BiPC in 12th you can go for the course

The other is after completing PCM in 12th you can take Biotechnology course.

As you are pursuing 11th now I suggest you to complete 12th and later can apply for the course and complete the course.

Thank you,

All the best.
9th December 2012, 01:20 PM
denwer1

Dear friend...hi.!!
Yes you can definitely pursue B.Tech in biotechnology. The qualification required for this course is 10+2 with PCM/PCB. There are only very few colleges in India which demand PCB as subjects in 10+2. So just went through the requirements in the respective websites of the institute/college and confirm their requirements..
9th December 2012, 10:00 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I pursue B.Tech in Biotechnology while studying 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Sir,I am studying in 11th.I have taken PCM group.Can I pursue B.Tech in Biotechnology without taking Biology? Please answer.
Dear Aspirant,

The question you have asked is an impossible thing.Which you cannot do.According to the education rules in the India.

A student can be eligible only if he/she passes the 12th or equivalent exams can do the B.Tech.

So if you complete your 12th then only the chance of getting in to the B.TEch program occurs.So before that while studying 11th itself you cant study the B.TEch program.

So my suggestion for you is to Complete your 12th without any backlogs and get a good marks.

Prepare for Engineering Entrance Exams and get a good rank.Then only you can get a BioTechnology Seat.Because to study Bio.Tech Engg you should get a good rank.

Ofcourse we have another option like Management quota or NRI quota.By that you can buy the seat in any college according to the education rules of India.

So,all i want to say is All the best for your career.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
16th December 2012, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

sir,I am in 11th std. I want to pursue B.Tech in Biotechnology after my 12th.But I have not taken Biology .I have taken Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics.Is B.Tech in Biotechnology is possible without Biology? And also please advice me whether I can take Biology in my 12th eventhough I have not taken it in 11th.Please tell me about the top engineering colleges in Mumbai offering Biotechnology courses.Thank you so much.
22nd May 2013, 09:27 PM
Great Alexander of Macedo
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,I am in 11th std. I want to pursue B.Tech in Biotechnology after my 12th.But I have not taken Biology .I have taken Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics.Is B.Tech in Biotechnology is possible without Biology? And also please advice me whether I can take Biology in my 12th eventhough I have not taken it in 11th.Please tell me about the top engineering colleges in Mumbai offering Biotechnology courses.Thank you so much.
Dear Friend,
First thing is that be tension free as in order to apply for the B.Tech Courses in Biotechnology Stream you just have to complete your 10+2 Board Examinations.
With these you must have at least Physics and Chemistry Subjects with English.
Yes,Its true that many of the students think that Biotechnology means it will definitely needed Biology Subjects in your 10+2 Board Examinations.
Mostly all the Colleges give admission even though you may have not taken Biology Subjects as they considered up your Aggregate marks beside seeing subjects.
You must also note that,In order to become completely eligible for the courses you must give an Engineering Entrance Examinations as Admission is done on the performance in Entrance Examinations.

Regarding.Changing the subjects so just contact your college teacher they will work definitely if you want to change the subject sometime board help the student to change the subjects in middle session that is in 12th.
But,It will be more complicated as you don't know the basics and if you are changing it please don't be replacing with Maths or it might damage your Complete marks try to do with other subjects.

I have listed the colleges below which provide B.Tech Courses in Biotechnology stream you may apply for them:-

All India Institute of Medical Sciences,New Delhi

Indian Institute Of Technology,Madras

Indian Institute of Technology,Kharagpur,West Bengal

Guru Nanak Dev University,Amritsar

Osmania University,Hyderabad

GGS Indraprastha University,Delhi

Indian Institute Of Technology,Madras

University Of Rajasthan,Jaipur

Punjab University,Chandigarh

Uttar Pradesh Technical University,Institute of Engineering,Lucknow

Vellore Institute Of Technology,Tamil Nadu

Jamia Millia Islamia University

Bharti Vidyapeeth,Pune

Visverswaraih Technological University,Karnataka.

Vellore Institute Of Technology,Tamil Nadu

Amity Institute of Biotechnology

Punjab University,Chandigarh
14th June 2014, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir
i have a question in my mind regarding the Career in biotechnology. Now I'm in 11th standard and i had chose PCB group instead of PCM , so can i pursue for biotechnology by having Biology as a subject or not. Please reply me fast as I'm waiting eagerly for it..........
My email Id is - [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?