25th October 2016, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Can I pursue PhD after completing MCA? If yes then What is the process?

Hello Sir, I am pursuing MCA and after that I am willing to pursue PhD. I want to know that am I eligible to pursue PhD after completing MCA? If yes then please tell me the procedure of doing the same?

25th October 2016, 05:59 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I pursue PhD after completing MCA? If yes then What is the process?

Candidates who have completed their post graduation with minimum of 55% marks are eligible for PhD course. For that you have to give UGC NET exam. After qualifying in this exam you will be able to take admission in a good institution. For applying you can go to the official website of CBSE. Thanks
25th October 2016, 07:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue PhD after completing MCA? If yes then What is the process?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I am pursuing MCA and after that I am willing to pursue PhD. I want to know that am I eligible to pursue PhD after completing MCA? If yes then please tell me the procedure of doing the same?
After completion of MCA course, you can apply for Ph.D course in Computer Science but you must have valid GATE or UGC NET score card.

Your masters degree marks must be above 55% from a recognized University.

If you fulfill above mentioned criteria, then you can direct apply to the University.
25th October 2016, 10:21 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Ph.D course, after completion of MCA from any well recognized university/institute. There are so many well recognized institutes which offers Ph.D course to MCA candidates. Some of them includes different Indian Institute of Technology, Symbiosis Institute Of Computer Studies & Research, Indira Gandhi National Open University etc.
You simply have to study and of your favorite subject in details and prepare research papers on any topic. You have to appear in National Eligibility Test to get admission in any good institute to pursue Ph.D course. In some colleges, you may have to face an interview for admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?