9th November 2019, 03:00 AM
Unregistered

Can I study MBBS after completing B.Tech?

Hello, I am Sandhya and I am interested in medical but now I am studying in engineering. Can I join medical courses like MBBS after completing engineering degree course?

11th November 2019, 06:39 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MBBS after completing B.Tech?

To get admission in MBBS course, it is necessary to appear and qualify in the NEET examination.

Common eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB as main paper. So, if you have passed 12th with Biology as one of the paper then you are eligible to appear in the examination.

No, upper age limit to appear in the examination, so candidates with above qualification are eligible to appear in the examination to get admission in MBBS course.
11th November 2019, 11:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and the minimum education required to pursue the same degree course is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate (or 40% marks in aggregate in case of reserved category candidates) in PCB group subjects from a recognised board of education.

So, if you hold the minimum educational requirement for pursuing the MBBS degree course then you are eligible to pursue MBBS degree course even if you are pursuing degree course in engineering.

Also, for getting admission in any medical college of India for pursuing MBBS degree course, you are required to clear NEET or AIIMS MBBS Entrance examination or JIPMER MBBS entrance examination.
11th November 2019, 11:34 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

For admission in MBBS course, it is mandatory to appear and qualify in the NEET.

NEET is conducted by NTA and is conducted every year. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th in PCB as main paper from a recognised board.

The minimum age limit is 17 years with relaxation for reserved category.

The required minimum aggregate is 50% in the board examination.

So, you are eligible to appear in the examination for admission in the course if you have all the required qualification for appearing in the examination.
12th November 2019, 08:43 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

For pursuing Bachelor's degree in Medicine and Surgery, you must have done senior secondary board examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

Candidate must have secured minimum of 50% marks in 12th. If you have studied Biology in senior secondary board examination then you can apply for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for admission in MBBS course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?