9th October 2018, 01:07 AM
Prudhvi M

Can I study MSc(Computer Science) before BCA being a 12th candidate with 4 years gap? Possibility to study both at the same time?

Hello, I have studied completed my PUC i.e., my 12th Board and I am having gap of 4 years. Now, I want to do my BCA and MSc in Computer Science. Can I do both of the course at the same time? Further, is it possible to complete my MSc Computer Science before BCA?

14th October 2018, 08:13 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MSc(Computer Science) before BCA being a 12th candidate with 4 years gap? Possibility to study both at the same time?

First thing I would like to let you know that for pursuing any master degree course from a recognized university, the minimum education required is a bachelor degree i.e; graduation degree from a recognized university.

So, being a Class 12th passed candidate, you are not eligible for admission to M.Sc in Computer Science or any other master degree course without pursuing a bachelor degree course first.

Also, you cannot pursue a master degree program (i.e; M.Sc) along with a bachelor degree course (i.e; BCA) without having a bachelor degree.

So, in order to pursue M.Sc in Computer Science, you first need to complete B.Sc in Computer Science or Information technology or any other computer related subjects from a recognized university.
15th October 2018, 09:13 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MSc(Computer Science) before BCA being a 12th candidate with 4 years gap? Possibility to study both at the same time?

It is not possible to pursue Master's Degree in Science without bachelor's degree. For any master's degree, you need to have done bachelor's degree. There is no integrated course for BCA and M.Sc combination.

There are some universities and colleges which offer integrated BCA and MCA course. You can apply for this integrated course if you want to pursue both course at same time. Otherwise first requirement is to do bachelor's degree then master's degree.
15th October 2018, 04:59 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. You can not pursue Master's degree course directly after senior secondary board examination.

2. Bachelor's degree in any stream is the minimum qualification for master's degree. For Master's degree in science, Bachelor's degree in science is required.

3. Your first step should be to pursue bachelor's degree. Then you can pursue Master's degree in science.
15th October 2018, 07:27 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You can not study Master's degree in Science in computer science without studying bachelor's degree. You will have to pursue bachelor's degree first to become eligible for M.Sc course.

Integrated courses are possible where both bachelor's degree and master's degree is possible.
15th October 2018, 09:08 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Unless and until you are a graduate, you can not pursue Master of Science course.

The first requirement for you is to pursue graduation in any course.

Then you can think about master's degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?