1st August 2018, 12:57 PM
Anju bhatt

Possibility to study BA(Economics) for 12th candidate with 25 years gap?

Hello friends, I have completed my 12th around 25 years ago. Now, I want to get admission for BA course with Economics. So, is it possible for me to get admission for this BA course? Kindly tell me about this asap.

14th September 2018, 09:07 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BA(Economics) for 12th candidate with 25 years gap?

B.A in Economics is three year course and the candidate passed 12th are eligible to get admission in the bachelor degree degree.

There is no age bar or gap year to get admission in the course. The required qualification is that candidate must have passed 12th in Mathematics as main paper.

Admission is conducted on the basis of merit list or entrance test.
14th September 2018, 10:23 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BA(Economics) for 12th candidate with 25 years gap?

Yes, it is possible for any candidate to pursue Bachelor of Arts in Economics after an academic gap of 25 years. There is no upper age limit to pursue bachelor's degree or master's degree. Candidates who are interested in undergraduate course can pursue at any age.

The minimum academic qualification required to pursue BA Economics is 12th passed from a recognized board with Mathematics. You need to meet this criteria.
15th September 2018, 10:03 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You can apply for Bachelor of Arts in Economics after a gap of 25 years.

The requirement for Bachelor of Arts in Economics:

Academic qualification: 12th passed from a recognized board with Mathematics as compulsory subject.

No upper age limit defined for graduate course. You can pursue after 25 years gap.
15th September 2018, 10:53 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The minimum education required for BA (Bachelor of Arts ) in Economics is a higher secondary school degree from a recognized board of education. In case of some colleges, Economics at Class 12th level is also desired.

So, having passed your Class 12th 25 years ago, you still can pursue BA in Economics from most of the colleges where there is no age limitations for pursuing the same degree in either distance or regular mode as gap after Class 12th does not matters for admission to BA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?