9th June 2015, 12:00 AM
navneet chahal

Can I take admission in B.A after failing in BSc

can i take admisson in b.a after failed in b.sc.also with 2years gap?

9th June 2015, 01:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in B.A after failing in BSc

Quote:
Originally Posted by navneet chahal View Post
Yes, you are eligible for get admission in B.A course through your 12th standard marks.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible for B.A course. Your age should be above 17 yaers.
9th June 2015, 05:03 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, why not you can take admission in bachelor of arts even after failing in bachelor of science because admission to bachelor's degree in arts is given on the basis of marks secured in 10+2 board exams.

There is no such issue of two years gap, you can get admission in various universities in India which offers bachelor's degree in arts depending upon your marks in 10+2 board exams. Some institute under any university may ask for reason of two years gap between studies, so you need to submit an affidavit stating the reason for gap.

The academic year for bachelor's degree in various programs generally starts from the month of June of every year.

So, you can visit the official website of the university in which you are interested. Some of the top universities for bachelor of arts are:

>>Delhi University.

>>Indira Gandhi National Open University.

>>CCS University.

>>Anna University.

>>Jawaharlal Nehru University.
9th June 2015, 06:08 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# From your query it came to know that you have failed to complete B.Sc degree. Now after a gap of two years, you want to pursue another graduation degree i.e. B.A instead of B.Sc

# We cannot justify your decision of going for B.A degree rather than B.Sc degree. This is not a correct decision.

# This decision will result into wastage of number of years consumed in B.Sc. In addition to that you have to again devote minimum three years for pursuing B.A degree.

# It is better to try to complete the uncompleted B.Sc degree rather than changing degree option.

#
9th June 2015, 06:14 PM
Roshan Werulakar Patil

Quote:
Originally Posted by navneet chahal View Post
Yes on the basis of 12th you will get admission in B.A
Even after failing in B.sc with 2 year gap
9th June 2015, 09:59 PM
Shreya SS

Yes, you can take admission in B.A. Some colleges have an entrance exam while others take admission on the basis of marks. For B.A. a science student generally has to have atleast 75% and above in english.
And your BSc and the gap will niot be a problem in your admission in B.A.
best of luck!
9th June 2015, 10:41 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Yes, definitely you can take the admission.
let us directly come to the point and discuss the basic eligibility criteria for the B.A. course.

1. You should have passed your intermediate from a recognized board in India.

2. You should have obtained at least 50% in your intermediate.

*the percentage criteria may vary according to the university/college in which you plan to apply.

So, as you can see, neither of the two clauses talk about the gap period and the ruling out of the candidature of any candidate because of that reason.

So, you don't have to worry about that at all and if you are willing to take up the B.A course you can surely apply for it.

Also, since you did B.sc but could not complete it, so we also recommend to try for any diploma course in any of the technical field.
10th June 2015, 09:52 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

B.A means bachelor of arts. It is a three year bachelor's degree in different subjects of arts.

The eligibility criteria for B.A in India:

Candidate must have passed the senior secondary education from a board that is recognized by Indian Government.

So if you have passed your 10+2 in any stream like science, commerce or arts then you are eligible for the B.A.

You can approach the university in which you are interested to take admission. Gap of two years between studies do not matter for admission, however some university may ask for so cause certificate.
20th August 2019, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

If i take admission in b.a. after falling in b.sc. is it wasting of time..?
20th August 2019, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

If i take admission in b.a. after falling in b.sc 2nd year..is this wasting of time????
17th May 2020, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Can i again take admission from starting in bsc if i fail to complete degree first time
19th July 2023, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

if fail in bsc 1st year can I take addmission in BA without any issues or without giving letter to any....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?