25th October 2011, 01:19 AM
uday kumar sin

Can I take admission into B.Tech 2nd year through lateral entry being a candidate of having 2 year Diploma in Mechanical? Which Exam I have to take for this?

Sir,
I am two year diploma MECHANICAL from lovely professional university.
So can take admition in B.Tech 2nd year admition(lateral intery)
please help me admition regarding. According to which exam take admition in B.Tech 2nd year.
thanku

Related Questions:
  1. How to join a college as a lateral entry candidate?
  2. What should I study further after completion of Mechanical Diploma course? -- [New]
  3. Exam details for admission of lateral entry after 1st year of diploma?
  4. Can I take admission into B.Tech 2nd year through lateral entry being a candidate of having 2 year Diploma in Mechanical? Which Exam I have to take for this?
  5. Does colleges which comes under government category provide admission for diploma students in 2nd year through lateral entry?
  6. How to get lateral entry admission in NIT after Diploma completion?
  7. After ITI which course is best for me in Software?
  8. Eligibility for entrance exam for admission into lateral entry for graduation after diploma in Mechanical engineering from PUSA polytechnic?
  9. Eligibility for B.Tech lateral entry after Diploma?
  10. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I get admission to Aeronautical Engineering through Lateral Entry being a candidate from final year of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? What syllabus to prepare for the respective Entrance Exam?
  12. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.Arch through Lateral Entry after completing 3 years Diploma in Architecture?
  13. What is the process for taking admission through Lateral Entry? I am pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
  14. Is certificate of lateral entry directly in 2nd year of diploma equivalent to 3 years diploma course?
  15. After completing diploma from Bangalore will I be allowed for lateral entry exam?
  16. Can I take admission in B.Tech 2nd year through lateral entry?
  17. Admission in 2nd year of B.Arch is possible after Diploma in Architecture?
  18. Am I eligible for lateral entry 2nd year diploma at an age of 35?
27th October 2011, 06:08 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I take admission into B.Tech 2nd year through lateral entry being a candidate of having 2 year Diploma in Mechanical? Which Exam I have to take for this?

Respected sir,
B.Tech Mechanical Lateral Entry Admissions in Kerala University
Advertisements

Lateral Entry in Kerala University is for the students who wish to join B.Tech after their diploma. It is a scheme approved by Kerala Government. In this scheme the diploma holders can directly join in engineering courses from the second year itself. For this entry they have to take part in the State level lateral entry test conducted by the university. The qualified students will get admission to engineering courses in various recognized colleges. The allotment of seats will be controlled by DTE according to the candidate’s rank and seat availability.

Eligibility for B.Tech Mechanical Lateral Entry in Kerala University

The admission procedure is purely based on the rank acquired by the candidate in the test. For the admission in B.Tech mechanical the candidate must have pursed Diploma in automobile/ mechanical. Also the candidates must possess a minimum of 60% in diploma examination. The SEBC candidates are given relaxation of 5% and for SC/ST candidates only a pass is required. The candidates appearing for final year exam in diploma can also attend the lateral entry test provided that they must procure their certificate before admission. The maximum age limit is 28 years. The Non-Keralite students are also eligible but they are eligible for admission only into the self financing colleges.

Reservation for Lateral Entry in Kerala University

The number of Government seats allowed in Government colleges and self-financing colleges will be published before the admission. The 15% of seats are reserved as management seats in private colleges for this scheme. The remaining 85% are for government seats. The communal reservation for students will also be given as per the usual schedule. The physically disabled students are given 3% seats. Such candidate must possess 40% disability and should provide Medical certificate. One seat is reserved for defense quota also. The students claiming for seats under reservation should provide relevant documents with the application.

Applying for B.Tech Mechanical Lateral Entry in Kerala University

The application form can be brought from the specified centers. The application is to be submitted online. The hardcopy of the application thus submitted should reach to the address as specified in the site. The application fee is Rs. 500/- for general category and Rs. 250/- for reserved categories. The amount should be drawn in form of DD in favour of the director of DTE, payable at Trivandrum. The exam duration is 2 hours. It includes questions from the related subjects in the B.Tech first year course. To be considered in the rank list the candidate should have acquired a minimum of 20% marks.

Advantages for Lateral Entry Students in B.Tech Mechanical

The main advantage of this scheme is that the diploma holders can directly enter into the second year of the B.Tech program. As they have studied the basic subjects earlier they need not study it again. These students can thus save one year. The practical classes will be easier to understand as they have studied the fundamentals earlier. They will have thorough knowledge in the related subjects. So when they attend classes it will be easier for them to understand.
OK,
1st December 2011, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I take admission into B.Tech 2nd year through lateral entry being a candidate of having 2 year Diploma in Mechanical? Which Exam I have to take for this?

can i take admition into b.tech mech after diploma in mech
21st January 2012, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing diploma from polymer technology in new delhi i want to take admission in b tech 2nd year by lateral entery what have to do?
26th April 2012, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

what is the maximum age limit for joining engineering lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?