18th August 2011, 12:10 AM
warshid080

Can I take Political Science as the main subject in IAS?

i m doing B.tech from asansol engineering college in IT department .so i want to know that in IAS whether i can take political science as my main subject or not

13th February 2012, 03:20 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take Political Science as the main subject in IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warshid080 View Post
i m doing B.tech from asansol engineering college in IT department .so i want to know that in IAS whether i can take political science as my main subject or not
If your question is regarding the optional papers in the Main Examination of Civil Service Exam, you can definitely select Political Science as one of your Optional subjects, no matter which stream you belong to and as far as the other subject is concerned, you may select any of the subjects from the given list, except Public Administration because according to the UPSC guidelines, the combination of Political Science and Public Administration is not allowed in the Civil Service Main Examination.
Since you are from engineering background, you may select subjects from engineering disciplines along with Political Science though its not compulsory.
8th April 2012, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I take Political Science as the main subject in IAS?

sir i have completed my political science(hons.) BA. I want to apply for IAS 2013 Examination. My question is if i select political science as my main subject than what can be its combination subjects ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?