24th August 2010, 01:05 PM
nag522

Can a BE Mechanical Engineering student join Indian Army or Military?

Can anyone tell how to join army who is studying BE mech? Can anyone suggest me how to join military after completing BE (mech).

24th August 2010, 02:51 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a BE Mechanical Engineering student join Indian Army or Military?

Dear Friend,
You are a student of core stream.
You may take admission in Indian Army following some rules :
1:You should have to be unmarried Indian or Nepali.
2:You should have to pass 10th with 55% in aggregate.
3:You should have to pass 12th with Math & Physics.
4:You should have to pass 12th with 50% minimum in PCM & in aggregate.

Some other details are in http://www.winentrance.com/career_courses/Other-Jobs-Indian-Armed-Forces.html..
its home site indianarmy.nic.in.

Good luck.
24th August 2010, 04:13 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can a BE Mechanical Engineering student join Indian Army or Military?

dear friend,

As you want to join in Indian Army, for that you have to appear in entrance exam which are generally conducted by UPSC..

the name of such exams are,

1.CDS

2.UES

3.EKT

etc.. there are some criteria, you must have 60% aggregate throughout your graduation.. you can get these type of information in employment newspaper..
so read employment newspaper daily...

all the best..
24th August 2010, 04:40 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

As you want to join in Indian Army, for that you have to appear in entrance exam which are generally conducted by UPSC..

1.CDS

2.UES

3.EKT

etc.. there are some criteria, you must have 60% aggregate throughout your graduation.. you can get these type of information in employment newspaper..

all the best..
24th August 2010, 04:56 PM
swati123

You have neither mentioned your age nor indicated how much you have progressed with your Engineering degree studies. But there is nothing to worry as there is every probability of your joining the Indian Army, whether you decide to complete your engineering degree or not. Read the contents of the following
sites and you will have the answers:

http://www.webindia123.com/career/options/defence/army/officer/selection.htm
http://afterbtech.com/join-indian-army-after-btechbe19th-university-entrance-scheme-ues.html
24th August 2010, 05:30 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
There are a lot of options for a mechanical student in defence sector.
A student either belong to 3rd year or above can apply for jobs in defence.
There are two procedure you can follow:
1. You can either go through UES(university entry scheme)
2.or through direct fill up thr forms.

recently a form of Air force has published which last date is 7th of september, which is for EKT(engineering knowledge test).
After getting success in EKT you will called for SSB, then you will be finally selected.

for knowledge of criteria & other information, you can visit:
www.careerairforce.nic.in

good luck.
24th August 2010, 06:01 PM
anki_8816

Yes a Mechanical Engineer can join Indian Army or Miltary. But they are selected in technical lines.Every year add comes in newspaper for different categories.SSB interviews are organised in some Engineering colleges.Ask your principal to inform the interested candidates when these interviews are organised in any college.This scheme is known as UES(University Entry Scheme).You can also go to this line after the completion of your degree.
All The Best
24th August 2010, 07:12 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
yes ofcourse BE Mecahnical Engineering student can join Indian Army.there are various proces to join Indian Army.firstly they visit many colleges and take interview.it is one procedure.you can also apply for the written exam which they conduct and if you clear you will be called for the ssb.and if you clear that you can join.
All The Best!!!!
24th August 2010, 08:30 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by nag522 View Post
Can anyone tell how to join army who is studying BE mech? Can anyone suggest me how to join military after completing BE (mech).
Yes, you can join Military, Navy and IAF after Btech. However there are some age criteria.
The various ways for Engineers to join these are CDS, SSC and University Entry Scheme.
You can visit the following websites for complete details regarding these recruitment process.
www.upsc.gov.in/general/cds.htm
http://careerairforce.nic.in/career_opp/caropp_officer.html
http://www.indianarmy.gov.in/Site/FormTemplete/frmTempSimple.aspx?MnId=wy4H4ksP58w=&ParentID=LwoZ AzlgsAg=
24th August 2010, 09:16 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can a BE Mechanical Engineering student join Indian Army or Military?

dear friend

of course a BE mechanical student can apply for Indian army.
for tis you can apply for the following exams

1.EKT

2.OTA

3.SSB

4.UNIVERSITY ENTRY SCHEME

all the best.
24th August 2010, 09:44 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

hello,
One can join Indian army after B.Tech/BE in the university entrance scheme,through either SSC test or NDA test.

The branches that can apply in army are: Electronics,Tele-communication, Electrical, Electrical Communication, Electronics & Communication, Instrumentation, Computer Science & Engineering.
So i doubt that you can join the Indian army being a mechanical engineer.
For further detailed information you can check the link :http://afterbtech.com/join-indian-army-after-btech.html

Good luck!
25th August 2010, 08:06 AM
Unregistered

Thanks you all.
8th September 2010, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

respected sir, sir, i am student of B.E 1st year iwant to join mechanical engineer in army. sir please give me suggestion that i will appeared I.M.E in secondyear.
9th September 2010, 03:54 AM
robart
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can a BE Mechanical Engineering student join Indian Army or Military?

dear friend,

yes, of course a BE Mechanical Engineering student can join in Indian Army.

but for that you have to appear in following entrance exam ...

1.CDS-which are conducted by UPSC.

2.EKT-which are generally conducted by Indian army itself.you can join in technical fields.

3.UES- university entry scheme.etc.

good luck.
10th September 2010, 12:32 AM
tina toms

you can easily join the army.you can join in the technical branch.you have to be an unmarried candidate.you also have to attempt for the cds exam or IES exam to get into army with your degree.
7th October 2010, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

now i'm studying in 2nd year of BE-mechanical(BMIT-SOLAPUR-MAHARASHTRA). I was also a state level player in Handball during my school age. So are there some benifits of sports and physic?
14th October 2010, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i study in3rd year of BE-mechanical(G.H.R.I.E.M- jalgaon-maharastra). I am normal player of sports. How many chances of army.
22nd November 2010, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

how i can join army as a engineer after be mech.
1st December 2010, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

any candition for sc/st cast
or for son of ex-serviceman
7th December 2010, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

What is the age limit to join for the army as a mechanical engineer.
14th December 2010, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
i am the student of b'tec 3rd year mechanical from Aligarh Muslim University.
And i want to join indian railways. So can you suggest me test or procedure to do so.
20th January 2011, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i m 2nd year student in mechanical engg. I wont to join indian army defence i have 2 back sub. In 1st year.
I can join indian army defence or any other army field?
15th February 2011, 08:47 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nag522 View Post
Hi,

After your BE degree, you can join Indian Army.
For engineering students, There is a special entry scheme called Technical entry scheme. You can apply for this.
Also, you can apply through

1. CDS
2. UES
3. SSC.

If you want to know more about Indian army, then you can log onto the official website of Indian Army.
www.indianarmy.nic.in/

Thanks
16th February 2011, 12:43 PM
SupritShestha

i definitely think that you can join the Indian army...you can write the exams like CDS and UES conducted by UPSC...also try out for the technical entry...
18th February 2011, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

I m Sameer Baig, a B.E mechninical engineringe student. I want to join army as an officer or in any big post and i want to know how much age limit is requried.
18th February 2011, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

i am studying b tech 1st year mechanical branch i have eye sight -5.5 but i want to join in army there is any chance to get job in army plz give me answer
20th February 2011, 01:10 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,
If you are intresred in joining indian army you can join indian army after complition of BE,for this you should crack some exam like
1. CDS
2. UES
3. SSC
For more information visit official website of indian army
http://www.indianarmy.nic.in/
3rd March 2011, 05:48 PM
k.ajaykumar

yes u can join in the military u want to apply for that through the cds examination conducted by upsc
23rd June 2011, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Re: Can a BE Mechanical Engineering student join Indian Army or Military? And what is the procedure?
2nd July 2011, 08:14 AM
Unregistered

sir, am 3rd year BE mec student and am intrested to join indian ary and i have around 75% of agreegate so will u suggest me to join army
24th July 2011, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of Mechanical engineering(2nd year) .I want to do service in Indian Army .kindly,tell me the ways to fullfill my desire.
14th August 2011, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO GET READY FOR SSB ?
14th August 2011, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of Mechanical engineering(2nd year) .I want to do service in Indian Army .kindly,tell me the ways TO enter...........
23rd September 2011, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

can a woman with a 55 % aggregate in mechanical engineering and a national level sport background join the indian army ?
27th September 2011, 10:43 AM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

my dear friend
yes you can eligible and join indian army after completion of engineering
and also you have good number of posts are available with your graduation.but the following are the qualifications necessary
1.you have to secured 55% in 10 th class

and one more point is need to practice high jump ,long jump,and other athatilicl
then you need to apply job
good luck
27th September 2011, 10:44 AM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

my dear friend
yes you can eligible and join indian army after completion of engineering
and also you have good number of posts are available with your graduation.but the following are the qualifications necessary
1.you have to secured 55% in 10 th class

and one more point is need to practice high jump ,long jump,and other athatilicl
then you need to apply job
good luck
30th December 2011, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

my frnd got selected by army in GD and PI round from his campus.....now he will be preparing for ssb...want to ask u...how good it is to be there...and being a mechanical engg. student wat kind of job would be offered to him/...his family is not very much willing to send him coz of some fears....so just want to know wat wud the salary..the kind of job? and any other thing which u cud share
12th March 2012, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

i am studying 3 year BE mechanical i am join from indian mlitry
19th March 2012, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

I am studing first year mechanical engineering and I have wish to join indian army. I am son of Ex-service men?
23rd March 2012, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i am studying second year B.E mechanical engineering under Anna university,chennai.i wish to join indian army. Can u pls tell me about about the percentage of mark i have to obtain to become eligible to join indian army and the in which year i can write the exam along my graduation.in which all section i can attain Job in army.plss answer my question...
18th July 2012, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing B.TECH MECHANICAL from a private university which is under UGC.
Is I'm eligible to give CDS EXAM ?also give various books name for my preparation?
30th July 2012, 04:14 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

dear friend,

1.CDS

2.UES

3.EKT

all the best..
30th July 2012, 07:07 PM
Srikar achill

Sir,As you want to join in Indian Army, for that you have to appear in entrance exam which are generally conducted by UPSC..
1.CDS
2.UES
3.EKT
so read employment newspaper daily...good luck.
5th August 2012, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am pursuing mechanical engineering and now i am in 3rd year(5th sem). which are the entrance exams i have to appear to join Indian army..i havent started any preparations yet..so what are the procedures i should follow regarding medical and theory exams..can i apply for cds in 4th year?
31st August 2012, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

Good Evening Sir,I am a 3rd semester student in mechanical engg.[B.E.] What I do to select in Indian army .My 10th and 12th % is more than 80%.But my weight is more than 85kg And I am 19 year old. what I do?
13th July 2013, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

helow sir i completed my 2nd year b.e mech and now i am entering to 3rd year ...but sir i have a lot interests to join Indian army plz help me now it is possible to or not
13th July 2013, 10:03 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend..............

If you want to join in Indian Army/Military with graduation?

then you can go through with CDS Examination

There are some eligibility criteria which are given below is important for appearing the CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined defense services. this exam is conduct by UPSC twice in a year.

Eligibility Criteria For CDS is

>> Candidate should be graduate from recognized university

>> Candidate who want to join air force should be completed graduation with subject MATHS and PHYSICS,

>> Candidate who are appearing final year exam are also eligible

Age Limit

For IMA 19 to 24

For OTA 19 to 25

For NA 19 to 22

For AFA 19 to 23

>> Male and female both candidate are eligible for CDS exam

>> Candidate should be indian.

for detail info visit the official site of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in
7th September 2013, 01:42 PM
cjeevan

My dear friend ,
Yes you can join ,,their will be announcement in news
Paper or internet about requirements ...that will be technicians
Their will be may be written test or direct interview ...after applying
To army form means in net application ,then they will inform you by
Mail or call and one week interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?