31st August 2011, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Can a person be eligible for Teaching Job in school and universities after completing B.Ed and qualifying NET,SLET exam?

plz kindly tell me that after completing B.ED. and Qualifying the NET & SLET exam conducting by UGC and different states can a person elegible for teaching jobs in schools and universities? And what should be the age limits for the these above exams and What percentage is required for teaching in schools and universities?

Thx
Dated-31st Aug. 2011

Subhash Chand

14th December 2011, 02:19 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a person be eligible for Teaching Job in school and universities after completing B.Ed and qualifying NET,SLET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
plz kindly tell me that after completing B.ED. and Qualifying the NET & SLET exam conducting by UGC and different states can a person elegible for teaching jobs in schools and universities? And what should be the age limits for the these above exams and What percentage is required for teaching in schools and universities?

Thx
Dated-31st Aug. 2011

Subhash Chand
After qualifying National Eligibility Test and State Level Eligibility Test for lectureship, usually known as NET/SLET, you are eligible to join Universities and Colleges as assistant lecturer/lecturer.

However, candidates holding just a bachelors degree of education-B.Ed have to qualify Teacher Eligibility Test conducted on both state as well as on national level. Qualifying this test has become mandatory to be considered eligible for teaching jobs in schools, both primary as well as secondary.

So, In simple words, qualifying NET/SLET is mandatory to teach in universities and colleges, whereas Teachers Eligibility Test is mandatory for teaching job in schools.
9th January 2012, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can a person be eligible for Teaching Job in school and universities after completing B.Ed and qualifying NET,SLET exam?

dear sir,

can any one help me ? i have done pgdm frm aicte approved college and now i m working with axis bank as Assistant manager but i want to grow my career in education sector so how can i become a lecturer ? am i eligible for net exam and also want to do phd. so please give your suggestions. my email id is [email protected]
23rd July 2012, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

I've done BBA in correspondese Whether am eligible for teaching job in school?
23rd July 2012, 06:18 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You need to qualify different exams for the post of teacher in schools and lecturer in the government college. The exams you have mentioned NET and SLET are for the lecturer job in central and state government colleges. While for teaching job you will have to appear in entrance exams like TET. I am explaining things in details below.

To become teacher in the government schools either managed by the state or central goverment or teaching job in Kandriya Vidhalaya etc. You are required to pass CTET which is Central Teacher Eligibility Test and Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) which is held separately by each state.

Earlier an B.Ed degree used to be enough for the teaching job. However after finding out about the poor standards of education in government schools, HRD Ministry decided to conduct these tests to lift the education system of India. The CTET is for central government schools. This test is much more difficult that TET which is for the state government schools.

ELIGIBILITY FOR CTET

1. Only Indian citizens are allowed to appear in CTET.

2. You must have graduation degree in bachelor's courses like BA/B.Com/B.Sc etc

3. A B.Ed degree with at least 55 percent marks.

4. No age limit has been specified for the CTET.

The eligibility for the TET exam could vary from state to state. However the basic qualification requirement is same as the CTET. Remember that after qualifying CTET you can only apply for central government schoosl. For job in state government schools, you will have to pass the TET exam of respective state.

To become lecturer in government college, the entrace exam you will require to pass is UGC-NET for the central governent colleges and SET for the state government colleges.

ELIGIBILITY FOR NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST - NET

1. Just like CTET only Indian nationals can apply for NET exam.

2. You must have post graduate degree in any stream.

3. Lecturer aspirants should have secure at least 55 percent marks in post graduate course.

4. As per the government rules, SC/ST/OBC candidates are entitled for 5 percent relaxation in percentage requirement.

5. You can appear in NET while in final year of post graduate course. But you should submit the degree within 2 years of passing the exam.

6. There is no upper age limit specified for the lecturer job.

7. Age limit for JRF is 28 years.

Just like the TET, the requirement of SET could vary from state to state but the eligiblity mentioned above and almost common in every single state in India.
23rd July 2012, 10:49 PM
samatha89
Member+

After qualifying National Eligibility Test and State Level Eligibility Test for lectureship, usually known as NET/SLET, you are eligible to join Universities and Colleges as assistant lecturer/lecturer.

However, candidates holding just a bachelors degree of education-B.Ed have to qualify Teacher Eligibility Test conducted on both state as well as on national level. Qualifying this test has become mandatory to be considered eligible for teaching jobs in schools, both primary as well as secondary.

So, In simple words, qualifying NET/SLET is mandatory to teach in universities and colleges, whereas Teachers Eligibility Test is mandatory for teaching job in school
25th July 2012, 11:08 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!

-->after NET and SLET you are eligible to join universities and colleges. as a techer/professor.

-->also candidates use to do B.ed for teaching line.

-->now a days test clearance becomes manadatory to do a job as a teacher in any college or university.

-->so,work hard give the test and clear with good rank then you will definitely get the job as a teacher post.

all the best.....go ahead!!!
26th July 2012, 09:18 AM
vidh
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: Can a person be eligible for Teaching Job in school and universities after completing B.Ed and qualifying NET,SLET exam?

hello,

after NET and SLET you are eligible to join universities and colleges. as a techer/professor.

-->also candidates use to do B.ed for teaching line.

-->now a days test clearance becomes manadatory to do a job as a teacher in any college or university.

-->so,work hard give the test and clear with good rank then you will definitely get the job as a teacher post.

all the best.....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?