20th March 2010, 04:16 PM
Danish2000

Career in Medical Oncology? Can i work in India as a Medical Oncologist?

I have done my M.B.B.S from India and worked as a resident in Medical Oncology for 4 years.THen i went to China and did post graduation in Medical Oncology.I am currently working as a Registrar in medical Oncology in Yemen.I am looking for any fellowship / or advanced course in Oncology in europe to improve my qualification
Can i work in India as a Medical Oncologist.
Kindly advise me what is good way for me

21st March 2010, 12:10 AM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Career in Medical Oncology? Can i work in India as a Medical Oncologist?

it has got a great scope and ofcourse you can work in india in reputed hospitals
Apollo's Oncology department has a special Tumour Board, comprising medical, surgical and radiation oncologists, and diagnostic consultants who provide comprehensive advice on the best course of treatment for patients. The department provides world-class cancer cure.
22nd March 2010, 02:36 PM
rajeshingarhwa

Default Re: Career in Medical Oncology? Can i work in India as a Medical Oncologist?

dear friend,
there is bright future for career in medical oncology.there are various colleges provides career in oncology such as aiims.even great nursing home in oncolgy department gives a good training in oncology department.
go for it
23rd March 2010, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Thanks for your reply.But as per MCI regulations no postgraduation from out side India is recognised,so the practise to work with a foreign post grad degree will be illegal.I think so,i am trying to find any solution to practise in India
7th April 2010, 11:58 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
the demand for oncology services will increase
due to the aging population and an increase in cancer survivorship.
All of this leads to very good job prospects for those considering
entering the field of medical oncology...........

good luck...
27th May 2010, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my M.B.B.S with one year internship. i want to grow my career in medical oncology. what should i do now?
1st June 2010, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

i also have same query..i have completed M.B.B.S. and for oncology,should i complete md medicine?md pedia can not work?actually,i am much interested in pedia.but if i do pedia,then i can do only pediatric onco?no scope in medical onco?what are the institutes in india,which allows oncology courses??please anybody,help me
1st February 2011, 12:21 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
the demand for oncology services will increase
due to the aging population and an increase in cancer survivorship.
All of this leads to very good job prospects for those considering
entering the field of medical oncology.
Thanks and all the best.
13th June 2011, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

list of colleges for diploma in oncology aftre mbbs?
24th May 2012, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

how can we become an oncologist after passing 12th?
16th August 2012, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

I want to become an medical onchologist.
Currently i am in 11th with science stream.
Please guide me through.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?