10th June 2010, 04:37 PM
Sneha Kapoor

Career options after 10 in the field of commerce

I want to do mba in my life so please help me out how should I prepare for it?I am little bit confused about whether I should take maths or computer in the feild of commerce in class 11 for the purpose that I want to do MBA ?PLEASE HELP ME OUT. Thanks!

29th June 2010, 01:23 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Default Re: Career options after 10 in the field of commerce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneha Kapoor View Post
I want to do mba in my life so please help me out how should I prepare for it?I am little bit confused about whether I should take maths or computer in the feild of commerce in class 11 for the purpose that I want to do MBA ?PLEASE HELP ME OUT. Thanks!
you must take maths in 11th so that you will have strong grip over accounts. For doing mba, first of all you have to do bachelor degree like bsc, bca, bba, bcom etc. Then to prepare for mba you can take coaching from any coaching centre. Without coaching it will be difficult to take admission in a good college.
Best of luck
29th June 2010, 01:54 AM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Hi Sneha
Be sure if you want to do MBA in future then first choose commerce stream with maths or computer its your choice.
There are too many line which connect with MBA but you will take your future beyond all these.
So, first do your 12 with commerce and then do any of the course like B.com, BBA, BBM etc which like most and then go for MBA.
Its easy and good for your safe future.
But score very high in 12th and then in graduation level.
After crack CAT and then Do MBA from very reputed institute.
Good luck
29th June 2010, 04:38 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Sneha,
You have just qualified your the first stage of your career and there are many options open for you right now. But if you are interested in pursuing MBA later in your future, I would suggest you to select maths with other main stream commercial subjects in your +2.
After successful completion of your +2, you must pursue BBA, which will provide you the basic concepts of management and will also sharpen your managerial ability. BBA will be the best course if you are serious about MBA.Along with you bachelors programme, you may enroll yourself in a good computer institute for a diploma course in computer application because fair amount of computer knowledge is also important in any industry in the present scenario.
These are the best steps you could follow to make a successful career out of MBA.
29th June 2010, 02:16 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

Firstly I will suggest you just choose subjects in 11th according to your interest. If you
are good in maths and you handle maths properly, then according to me, Maths is a good option to opt in 11th.

Computer and Maths both are not easy subjects. So, choose that subject in which you have a great interest. But, you are interested to do MBA, then i will suggest you just
go for coaching, If you have clear the CAT exams, then you will get good colleges of
MBA like IIM.

So, If you are doing MBA in future, than commerce field to choose is best option.

So, please purchase the sample papers from the market, if you have acheive good marks in CAT exams, So, practice more papers to score good marks as well as increase your
speed also..........
29th June 2010, 03:47 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Post Re: Career options after 10 in the field of commerce

Dear friend there are lots of courses which may be bone by both sreams like MBA, CIVIL SERVICES,teacher ,BANK JOBS,MCA, etc
in maths feild engineering is the most known course
in commerse you have CA, CS, BANKING,
By my side go for maths as it has vast feilds ,but you should do what you want to do. think over that take your time and decide.
29th June 2010, 03:50 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

friend , it doesn't matters that you have maths or computers in class 11th as an optional subject since the eligibility for various MBA entrance exams is just graduation .

you must opt for the subject in which you are more interested . Choosing of the optional subject completely depends upon one ' s interest .

It doesn't matters that what subject do you have in class 11th and 12th as optional one .

but personally i think that choosing computer might a bit useful to you since by that you will be comfortable with the basic programming of computers such as java and c language which you will be occupying at later stages of MBA if IT would have been your subject.

i will like to tell you that you must join some institute such as time institute , etc. for it since institutes provides right directions to one's zeal .

you can pursue a foundation course of 2 yrs. in b/w of your graduation but there is nothing for you to do now regrading the preparation of MBA entrance exams.

for more details regarding the exams , you can visit http://www.iimahd.ernet.in

best of luck in whatever you do !!
cheers
29th June 2010, 05:06 PM
Prototype

First of all I admired your Interest In the field of specialization called M.B.A ...first of all It is not compulsory for Masters to have maths as a eligiblity subject or a computers too....Well you sound Prepared and keen to do Only MBA but Before Masters One must be a graduate In commerce vertical with Excellent scores too...Because Doing MBA From an average college will not turn your dreams into reality but doing it from top B- Schools LIKE TOP 6 IIM'S , FMS DELHI, IIFT, IMT ghaziabad etc is something different and having esteemed recognition of your Qualification from others is the another add onto your profile...So There is no condition or compulsion to take maths orComputers as a subject While opting for a commerce...Matter is if you have expertise skills in maths then go for maths else go for computer...No worries anymore regarding commerce with computer or with maths too....
29th June 2010, 06:08 PM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

Sneha, their isn't any thing like you cannot go for MBA if you opt for maths and not computers or vice verse.

It depends on the specialization you want to take in MBA.
There are specialization of IT, HR, finance, hospitality, and many more with MBA.

So, go for the one you are interested in.

It is nice that you are this much career-conscious at this level.

So, best of luck
29th June 2010, 09:58 PM
BALWINDER SINGH

Dear friend.........
There are so many career aspects in field of commerce like chartered accountant , banking, mba, teacher.........etc.............
30th June 2010, 12:10 AM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Career options after 10 in the field of commerce

dear friend

after as u want to MBA in future so u must have a strong knowledge in account maths and business maths .so u must take mathematics in 11 and 12.

after 12 u must well prepared for either BBA or B COM.

after graduation u can take admission in MBA.

to crack mba entrance xams u must be well prepared .

i will suggest u to join any coaching center.

all the best.
30th June 2010, 04:48 AM
mathursaab

You can do BBA, MBA, CA, CS, B.Com and various computer courses.
3rd July 2010, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

what is the best career option after doing 12 with commerce maths.is it banking or any other
13th July 2010, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

heya i m a commerce student n i m nt exactly able to becide that in which feild i should go cn anyone help me out!!!!!
14th July 2010, 11:50 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

there are lots in the field of management,economics,it & software.
you should take on commerce in 12th as well try for b.com.
then only go for particular commerce degree.
15th July 2010, 10:04 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

as you are really interested to doing mba.so i will suggest you to learn math very good.

and learn accountancy very good.if you go for mba accountancy is very much essential for doing mba.if you do mab in given below topic then it will be very good carrier option for you

1.mba in finance

2.marketing.

3.operation research.

all the best....
15th July 2010, 02:10 PM
Shagun Makin

Dear friend,

For doing MBA later in your future i will suggest you to take science as Maths is a main subject for you.

As in MBA there are three subjects:
Quantative Ability
Verbal Ability
Data interpretation.

Quantitative ability includes your maths of 10,11 and 12th standard maths.
So maths is very important.

best of luck!!!
15th July 2010, 06:39 PM
vinaykumar0712

Hi Sneha
As your desire is for MBA, in 11th you take M.E.C which will help you to have the grip in the field of Commerce and Basic principles of Maths.Then by Maths you can fasten up in Accounting which is a basic subject for commerce and you will have the basic knowledge and strong foundation of commerce.
As you asked about the choice to be made in Computers or Maths Choose Maths while computer can be learnt easily than Maths and there are many institutions for computer now a days.
If you take MEC, in future you can even opt for MCA also, as you have maths as one of the subjects in +12 level.

Wishing you best future

Vinnu
15th July 2010, 06:50 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

BBA will be the best course if you are serious about MBA.Along with you bachelors program me, you may enroll yourself in a good computer institute for a diploma course in computer application because fair amount of computer knowledge is also important in any industry in the present scenario.
15th July 2010, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

i am in 9 i like maths v.much. what can i do after 10th which group can i take
16th July 2010, 07:09 PM
Yashpal007

i think that choosing computer might a bit useful to you since by that you will be comfortable with the basic programming of computers such as java and c,c++,vb language which you will be occupying at later stages of MBA if IT would have been your subject.

i will like to tell you that you must join some institute such as time institute , etc. for it since institutes provides right directions to one's zeal .

you can pursue a foundation course of 2 yrs. in b/w of your graduation but there is nothing for you to do now regrading the preparation of MBA entrance exams.

for more details regarding the exams , you can visit http://www.iimahd.ernet.in

best of luck
21st July 2010, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

I am not very good in math but i am intrested to do in mba.what stream can i choose.and what type of category in mba
30th July 2010, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

I M CONFUSED ABOT SCOPE OF COMMERCE BESIDES MBA ,BBA,CA AS I M IN 11TH CLASS AND I THINK THAT COMMMERCE IS NOT HAVING A WIDE SCOPE AND I M LITTLE BIT CONFUSED ABT MY FUTURE. I MY SELF IS HAVNG COMMMERCE SUBJECT
14th August 2010, 08:18 PM
Unregistered lisa

Quote:
u shd defntly take maths as it'l give u incentive 4 admsn in a good college .......moreover its interesting 2........
15th August 2010, 01:41 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear friend

after 10 u can do many studies in the field of commerce.

always keep target at your main aim.

as u want to do MBA so this will be the best way for u

first

bba

then

mba

ALL THE BEST.
15th August 2010, 03:45 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

hi sneha,

if you want to do MBA in future then it will be better for you to take commerce in 11th.

bcz commerce is totally related with management.

it will help you.

all d best.
15th August 2010, 07:29 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Hi

Since you have completed your metric examination and you have a interest in the field of commerce then you should take commerce stream after 10th.

But you want to do MBA in your future then BBA is the best field for you.
As when you do MBA then you have a link with your previous studies if you do MBA.

So if you want to do MBA in your future then after your 10+2 examination you should take BBA and for your 12th you should take commerce as according to your interest.

GOOD LUCK
16th August 2010, 02:32 PM
jiyaa

dear student,
if your goal is clear after matric its very good for u, for step to step shapeup for ypur carrier,if u r having intrest in doing mba,then go for commerce.it will hep you in future.
best of luck
19th August 2010, 11:23 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
It would really be a good decision ,if you will take mathematics in + 2 in commerce.

Mathematics will definitely help you to understand the mathematical subjects of the MBA,which is your future subjects.

So do not think anything and just take admission in commerce stream with mathematics.

All the best.
19th August 2010, 12:41 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

As u are saying that u want to do MBA in future, for that i will suggest u to take maths as ur main subject. u have to be good in maths , as u want to do MBA in finance management.

first u complete ur 12th then go for BBA,BCA, B.com as ur graduation ..

after that u have to sit in exams like CAT..

all the best.
23rd August 2010, 10:42 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,
according to me there is no end of higher study of commerce student.

At first u pass ur 12th in commerce scoring a very good marks(minimum 60%),then u choose one of the following whatever u want.
1:BBA,if u r interested in business part
2:B.COM & then M.com as u r studying in commerce,
3:CA(Chattered Accountent ),if u r interested in financial part. etc.....

Good luck.
31st August 2010, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO DO IT IN FUTURE .NOW M IN 12TH PLS GUIDE ME.I HAVE OPTED HINDI AS MY OPTIONAL SUBJET .I M FROM COMMERCE FEILD . PLS GUDE ME FOR THE FEILD OF IT FOR MY BRIGHT FUTURE
28th September 2010, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

I AM IN CLASS 10 . I WANT TO DO CA SO IN CLASS 11 WITH COMMERCE WHICH SUBJECT I SHOULD TAKE
29th September 2010, 02:58 PM
ravi6

dear,
you choose B.COM or BBA after 10+2 and after 10th you can choose commerce and math ecnomics.
you will better.

REGARDS
ravi6
29th September 2010, 10:33 PM
meeria

dear friend

you are the commerce student so you should have to complete B.com
after that can do M.com, CA,
can do MBA also

if you not interest about B.com then you may go BBA,LLB...............etc

as you wish
have a good day
30th September 2010, 01:30 PM
yogeshkumarsoni

HI,
YOUR LINE IS VERY GOOD. in this line various job. when you passed 10+2 then you take addmission in BBA and after BBA you fight CAT exam.
30th September 2010, 11:54 PM
babydoll

Hi!
Yes you can take commerce with computer and economics in your intermediate. Prticularly this combination of subjects have more benificial for your further study.
28th October 2010, 01:29 AM
shreyasriv

you should have to prepare in the field of business and also have knowledge about maths.
31st October 2010, 08:29 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
As u want to do MBA in ur future, u should take commerce after ur 10 class,
basics start from 11 class only. After 10+2 u should opt for BBA(bachelor for business administration).
And after ur graduation in BBA give entrance exam for MBA like MAT, and after clearing the entrance examination, college will be alotted to u for doing MBA.
work hard with MBA and companies will automatically call u up.
thank you
15th December 2010, 04:07 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Lightbulb Re: Career options after 10 in the field of commerce

Quote:
Dear friend,
Take Business math and accounts and computer if possible,and after12 apply for BBA...
19th December 2010, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

hi m in 10th nd m cnfused that what subject should i choose nd m also not good in maths so what can i do plz can anyone suggest me
30th January 2011, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

dear guys,
this is lhawang studied in tibetan school
choosing commerce esteemed is big deal of our life,so dont be regrade....
you will hav a good experience.
and focus on economis maths,and accompained by business and accoutant...............
thank you allllll nd all de best............................
12th March 2011, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

I am now in 14th,but i am confuge abut my future,i dont understand what i do?which field i choose?plz help me.
12th March 2011, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Now i am in 14th,I don't understand what I doafter graduation.which field i choose?I studing in commerce side&I work at pantaloons in retail line.plz help me.
20th March 2011, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

would it be better to do BBA directly after 12th?
20th March 2011, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

is it better to do BBA directly after 12th?
26th March 2011, 10:05 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
Be sure if you want to do MBA in future then first choose commerce stream with maths or computer its your choice.
There are too many line which connect with MBA but you will take your future beyond all these.
So, first do your 12 with commerce and then do any of the course like B.com, BBA, BBM etc which like most and then go for MBA.
Its easy and good for your safe future.
But score very high in 12th and then in graduation level.
After crack CAT and then Do MBA from very reputed institute.
Thanks
27th March 2011, 01:54 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

Career in the field of MBA
If you have passed 10th class and want to do MBA course
then i suggest you to do 11th and 12th std in any stream
and after this you must required a graduation degree in any
stream from a recognize university because the minimum
educational qualification for the MBA course is graduation in
any stream. So you can choose stream in 11th and 12th according
to your interest and after completing graduation you can apply
for the MBA entrance exam.
28th March 2011, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

can i do master in computer by taking commerse as a subject
1st April 2011, 10:42 PM
Neha Rohatgi

Hi Sneha,
If you are interested in MBA then I would suggest you to select maths with other main commerce subjects in your 12th.
After +2, you must pursue any bachelors degree, i would prefer you to do BBA to sharpen your managerial skill. BBA will be the best course if you are serious about MBA. Along with bachelors programme, you may enroll yourself in a good computer institute for a computer knowledge which is important in any industry in the present scenario.

Good Luck for your career.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?