6th July 2011, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Career options in environmental engineering? What is the salary offered?

What are the career options in environmental engineering and give respective salary details and what are the special features an individual should posses to persue this field as a career?

Related Questions:
  1. List of best career options available after completing B.Sc(Environmental and life sciences)?
  2. Is GUJCET necessary for admission in LD College? Career in government sector after BE Environmental Engineering?
  3. Is it possible to do PG in Environmental after doing BE in Biotechnology? Are there any courses(Environmental Management) offered in India which I should take up with my degree? Universities offering the course?
  4. What are the career options for me after passing 12th? I have finishing 12th from ISC board
  5. What are the best career options to get a good job with higher salary
  6. Which are the best courses to do after completion of 12th?
  7. Career options in Ancient Indian History? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Career options in Biomedical engineering in government and private options?
  9. After B.Pharmacy how good will be the career and salary? Clinical research as a career and salary that is offered?
  10. Career options available after graduation in IT? What specialization can be taken?
  11. What should i do after passing 12th? I am a 12th biology student
  12. Can I have M.Tech in Environmental Engineering after passing first year in EEE?
  13. Career options other than engineering after Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  14. Best career options after 12th with PCM other than Engineering?
  15. What are the career options available in Electronics Engineering? I have completed B.E ECE
  16. How much is the salary being offered to IT candidates? Benefits in this career?
  17. Can I do M.Tech in Environmental engineering after B.Tech in Electrical engineering? -- [New]
  18. Career options other than teaching after doing MSc, M.Phil in Maths which fetch same or better salary?
7th January 2012, 11:57 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Career options in environmental engineering? What is the salary offered?

Hello,
Career options for Environmental Engineers are somewhat limited but not rare.As nowadays there are lots of studies going for improving the environmental conditions by trying to reduce the global warming etc.

Though there no shortage of job opportunities for Environmental Engineers.There are various options like-
Planner,Designer,operator of pollution control facilities,Professor.
Prospects are there in some business industry as it is necessary for these industries to have a safety officer as per the Govt.norms.

The range of salaries varies but it can be between Rs.15000 to somewhere (+-) Rs.30000.

Good Luck.
8th January 2012, 02:11 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Career options in environmental engineering? What is the salary offered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What are the career options in environmental engineering and give respective salary details and what are the special features an individual should posses to persue this field as a career?

After completing BE/B.Tech in Environmental Engineering you can design your career in a following ways::>

==> As Environmental Engineering your working field is to develop a solution to environmental problems. You are involved in water and air pollution control, recycling, waste disposal, and public
health issues. Environmental engineers are concerned with local and worldwide environmental issues.

==> Environmental engineers conduct hazardous-waste management studies in which they evaluate the significance of the hazard, offer analysis on treatment and containment, and develop regulations to prevent mishaps.

JOB Prospects: You have job options in research center, NGOs and various governmental departments working towards green development. You can join reputed firm in India as well as Abroad. Job profile after Environmental Engineering as follows.....
  • Air Quality Manager
  • Assistant or Associate Engineer
  • Water Quality Engineer
  • Professor/Teacher
  • Water Treatment Manager
  • Pollution Control Engineer
  • Environmental Engineer
  • Environmental Consultant
  • Project Engineer
  • Environmental Designer and Planner
  • Solid Waste or Sanitary Engineer
  • Hydrological Engineer

Higher Salary package offered to these job profile holders.....

SALARY/Remuneration Detail:

1. As an Environmental Engineering you may receive an initial payment between Rs.15,000 - Rs.30,000 per month

2.If you have done postgraduate(ME/M.Tech in environment engineeering) degree may earn between Rs. 35,000 - Rs. 55,000.

3. Ph.D degree holders can earn an amount more than Rs. 50,000 per month.

NOTE:- After huge work experience and specalised training can make this profession a high paying career.

Important:- For Private, Government & MNC job vacancies please read Employment News daily Or you can also these vacancies detailed notification on following website: http://www.freshersworld.com

Good Luck....

with Regards
4G Solutions
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?