6th January 2016, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Chances to get job in TCS being a B.Tech Electrical student?

Hello,
I am doing B.E. in Electrical Engineering. I have a chance to get job in TCS? My dream corporate is TCS. Kindly tell me asap.

Related Questions:
  1. What kind of job is offered in TCS to Electrical Engineer?
  2. What is the procedure to follow for getting job in Bosch? What are the chances to get the job?
  3. Job profile in TCS for B.Tech(ME) student?
  4. Chances of getting a Government Job after passing btech ece with 70% and no backlogs? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Am i eligible to get a job at TCS after scoring 64% in B.Tech, 58% in 12th and 77% in 10th
  6. Which is better between Electronics and Communication for B.Tech ECE student? Is there any specialized course in Communication in TCS and Wipro? Should I do networking to get job in TCS or Wipro?
  7. Job in IT companies like Google, IBM, TCS etc. for Electrical Engineer?
  8. Possibility of getting job in TCS after completing Internship for MCA final year student
  9. Chances of getting absorbed at TCS after internship?
  10. Job in TCS, Wipro, Infosys while in final year B.Tech IT stream?
  11. What kind of Technical questions are asked in TCS on-campus drive to B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student?
  12. Jobs or courses after B.Tech (Electrical) with 59% marks overall?
  13. What should I study in B.Tech to get job in TCS?
  14. Can I get a job in TCS, WIPRO, Infosys after scoring 81% in 10th, 59.2% in 12th and 75% till 4th semester in B.Tech?
  15. What kind of job is offered in TCS to B.Tech fresher? Company profile of TCS?
  16. Should I attend interview of TCS if already placed in CTS?
  17. Information about the placement of TCS? I am a student of engineering
  18. Can I get job in Tata Power if secured 688 All India Rank in GATE being a B.E. Electrical Engineer with 1.5 years of experience in TCS?
6th January 2016, 10:30 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to get job in TCS being a B.Tech Electrical student?

Yes, you can definitely get an employment opportunity in TCS. There is no problem on being a electrical engineering candidate since TCS recruits from all branches of engineering . However the intake from non CS/IT branches is less, so you need to make your position strong by preparing well and having a good grasp in programming especially in any object oriented programming language.
8th January 2016, 04:15 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Yes, definitely you have a fair chance of getting a job in TCS. You can get placement in TCS either through On campus placement or through Off campus placement.

>>In On campus placement, TCS Company will visit to your college campus and recruit engineering students in which you are eligible for the recruitment procedure. But in this case, it totally depends upon your college whether they call the company for placement or not.

>>In Off campus placement, you have to fill an online form in the TCS website. You will get an admit card and have to take the test. If you are selected in the test, you are called for interview process. The interview process consists of three phases i.e technical interview, Managerial round interview followed by HR round interview. You have to clear all the rounds of interview for final selection.
10th January 2016, 11:17 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes.Electrical engineering branch student can apply for TCS.

TCS recruiting following engineering branch candidates
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Electrical
- EC
- Mechanical

Eligibility
- You must have passed B.E/B.Tech from any above branch of engineering with atleast 60%.
- No pending backlog at the time of selection process
- Candidate should not have experience more than 3 years to apply for TCS.

Registration Process for Placement
- Log on to https://nextstep.tcs.com
- Click "Register Here"
- Click "Off-Campus Applicant"
- Fill the Registration Form and Submit
- Note your Reference ID and Password

Last Recruitment Dates
- Starts of Registration : January , 2015
- Last Date to Apply : 9th Febuary , 2015
- TCS Entrance Exam : 20th Febuary , 2015
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?