11th March 2011, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

Are coaching institutes necessary for IAS exam preparation?

Hi i completed my commerce graduation now i ve started my preperation for ias , i ve confident that i will crack the exam in 1 yr,,,,My query is that is it necessary to go to coaching class if we ve well minded and planning to execute our talents

Related Questions:
  1. Best coaching institutes in Delhi and Allahabad for IAS preparation? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Are coaching institutes necessary for IAS exam preparation?
  3. Coaching institutes in Pune for IAS preparation?
  4. How to join coaching centre for preparation for IAS after completing B.Pharmacy?
  5. Best coaching institutes for correspondence courses for the preparation of general studies for IAS?
  6. Which are the best coaching institutes for IAS in Ludiana?
  7. Best IAS coaching institutes in Bangalore? List of institutes available?
  8. Is previous planning and preparation necessary for civil's preparation?
  9. How to become an IAS officer after completing ECE BCE? Which are the coaching institutes in Chennai, Trichy
  10. What is the importance of coaching in IAS preparation? What is the ideal time for preparation for coaching?
  11. How can I prepare for IAS entrance exam? Best coaching institutes in Delhi for IAS?
  12. From where to take IAS coaching?
  13. List of coaching classes in Allahabad for preparation of IAS exam? Pursuing B.Com helps me for IAS exam? -- [New]
  14. Which are the coaching institutes that provide coaching from 2nd year for IAS? Institutes which are in South Delhi?
  15. Course after 12th standard with Science stream for IAS? Institutes for preparation?
  16. Which is the best Coaching Institute to prepare for IAS Exam? How to start preparation for this Exam?
  17. What are the best IAS coaching institutes in India? How to prepare for IAS exam while doing a job?
  18. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
11th March 2011, 01:57 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Default Re: Are coaching institutes necessary for IAS exam preparation?

Hello,

Are coaching institutes necessary for IAS exam preparation: -

1. Coaching Not necessary, if you are having study material for preparation of IAS examination.

2. Coaching Not necessary, if you are having confidence in your studies.

3. Coaching Not necessary, if you are practice more & more questions every day.

4. Coaching Not necessary, if you are concentrate on your studies everyday.

5. Coaching Not necessary, if you are studying according to IAS syllabus.

etc.

All the Best
11th March 2011, 05:51 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Hello Dear, who told you that coaching is necessary , they can only guide you , but cannt create creativity in you.
Look at previous year example , The topper Faesal, who didnt take coaching and even second ranker.
11th March 2011, 07:24 PM
Arvi.S

Hello,

About Preliminary Exam preparation,
- one paper is optional i.e. your choice
- One paper is compulsory i.e. General Studies.

- Now i will tell you how to prepare for General Studies(GS) paper.
- if you want to have command over GS, then he has to prepare 8 major area i.e.
1)History
2)Geography
3)Polity
4)Science
5)Economy
6)Mental Abiltiy
7)Current Affairs
8)General Knowledge.

- For all the above topics, best way to start is from Basics i.e. NCERT Books of Class 6th to Class 12th.
- For History - NCERT + Spectrums Modern India
- Geography - NCERT + GoCheng leong + a good atlas like orient longman/oxford.
- Polity - NCERT + any good guide book like laxmikanth's indian polity/ Jojo mathews's Indian constitution and polity.
- Science - i think Ncert class 6th to class 12th is more than enough.
- Economy - NCERT class 11th and 12th + pratiyogita darpan's special issue on indian economy + Read and make notes of newspaper about current economy.
- Mental Ability - R.s.Agarwal.
- Current Affairs - one has to be thorough with newspaper readings of atleast one year back from the date of exam.
- General Knowledge - India year book + Manorama year book or Chronicle year book.

- if you are thorough with the above topics from the above materials, then you will definitely crack this exam easily.
11th March 2011, 09:26 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend
it is very nice that you are full of confidence;but i want to advice you that IAS exam is one of the toughest exam lf india , so guidance is very necessary to crack this exam.That's why you should join Coachin institute for guidance.
Best of luck
24th March 2011, 09:09 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Are coaching institutes necessary for IAS exam preparation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi i completed my commerce graduation now i ve started my preperation for ias , i ve confident that i will crack the exam in 1 yr,,,,My query is that is it necessary to go to coaching class if we ve well minded and planning to execute our talents
Its a very good decision to get with IAS preparation..

No need of any coaching if you are well planned and intelligent in making a perfect schedule to complete your syllabus and revision and model test in time..

If you're well confident there will be no need of any coaching centers

don't be doubted that if you have coaching only you can crack the exam its just a myth

if you're really having will to get the rank

then nobody can stop you..

best wishes

~aditya~
12th May 2011, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

hi everybody! i have completed B.Sc Maths and M.A.Social Work and Started to prepare for IAS. Is that necessary to take our UG major subject for preliminary & main exams? i planned to choose from my PG course "Management". Can i able to cope with this?
15th May 2011, 10:47 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

hi friend, coaching institutes they will provide the old question papers. it will be easy to prepare. So , it is better to join in coaching institutes.

All the best.
18th May 2011, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Hello All,I have decided to give a try for IAS exam of 2012 so wanted to know the study preperation how many hours and how many months i have to spent for the study and best coching centers in Hyd and Delhi.Am in IT industry right now so please advise me the optional subject which one i have to take for both prilims and mains(my own idea is to take the Maths as an optional and it was my educational background in 12th class)and am an engg graduate in IT.It is my sincere request you to all who have already appeared and experts in the same field please let me know the above things and my mail id is [email protected].

Thank you in advance
30th May 2011, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

hi, i have completed MBA(HR) and now i am planing to start preparing for IAS entarace , can any one suggest me how to start through..

Thanks
Nitika
15th June 2011, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

how can i have good i civlis
16th June 2011, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

to crack ias exam in english mediam is more easy than hindi mediam
20th June 2011, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

which book are goob for prepration of IAS main exam ? i wan to take histroy and geography.
4th July 2011, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Bhaiyo plz koi mughe batao ki hindi mediam me ias banne ka kitna chance hai
17th July 2011, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

HI EVERYONE.
I am going to start my graduation from august 2011. I am doing english hons. I am 17 years now. Can you please guide me if i should prepare for ias exam and if i should then when should i start and how? Please guide me.
23rd July 2011, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

hi..........
give me some suggestion about preperatoin of ias........
i m doing b.tech from cse.i want to appear in ias exam 2013...
13th September 2011, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
no i don't thing so that the coaching for ias is necessary if yr mind is well planned den der is no need.m also preparing for ias m student of engg and m also not taking any coachings for ias.
5th October 2011, 03:57 AM
Unregistered

I have read many blogs, discussions etc, and trust me, i came to know that everything is available on net,all the book lists of various subjects, interview of the IAS toppers are also available which is very beneficial. Also one can get the notes of various subjects of different coaching centers in the market. i had make my mind to join any good institute for coaching previously but after reading all the discussions, i have changed my mind that i wont join any of them because nothing is more precious than self study. Even if we join any coaching institute, that doesnot mean we ll through this exam, rightly said above in one of the text. Moreover, a person who is working on track will deviate from it after going in any institute by saaing the limelight and glittering of this Industry, the industry of money making. i think we should join any coaching institute only if we do not know anythng abt this exam.
17th November 2011, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

best time to start preparing for IAS and how much time it takes to qualify
26th November 2011, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

hi dear i am doing BA English i have question that am i take English as my optional and the next is English is a compulsion paper or main optional paper?
15th January 2012, 01:59 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
Yes coaching is necessary for I.A.S preparation because coaching provide you some extra information about the exam.
In coaching you know how to attempts the paper.
And another vary important factor that will help you about time management during the exam.
The will provide you Study material for I.A.S exam which is another big factor which affect the chance of selection.

So work hard

ALL THE BEST!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?